+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Matron help

Default Matron help

Guild went into HK for first time last night, 2 shot 1st boss with 18 then went to Matron and glared her to death.
    Question: Riftstrats for Matron speaks of a 'special spec' for upper floor. Can anyone help with a little more specific info on who they send upstairs and builds?
    More noob questions to come as we progress
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Telaran

I do it with the 0815 marksman spec . Just normal rotation when the golem is near you shadowshift through him and finish it off wait for the tome debuff to wear off before u activate the second tome .

Plane Touched

A rogue with Assassin can CC the adds long enough to do books without having to kite/snare/kill them, as far as I know.
    Tenethar -- Cleric -- Justicar Tank/Inquisicar/DPS
    Officer of <Static> -- 11/11 HK -- Wolfsbane PvE

Telaran

Well never tried to cc them , what i do is dps on matron in marksman spec till 20~ stacks than i go to the porter . on 25 stacks i use the first book , kite kill 1 add wait for the debuff to wear off activate the second book than i jump down and dps on matron .
    This little golem upstairs is no big deal its almost dead when it comes in melee range .

Champion of Telara

i want to say we use an assassin/nightblade.. with the double incapacitates. We only use one book now, but back when we were progressing when we needed 2-3 the rogue wouldnt even have to fight any of the mobs that spawn upstairs, just sap them both, click the book then move away.

worked really well
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    i want to say we use an assassin/nightblade.. with the double incapacitates. We only use one book now, but back when we were progressing when we needed 2-3 the rogue wouldnt even have to fight any of the mobs that spawn upstairs, just sap them both, click the book then move away.

worked really well
    This is how my group did it when we were just learning the fight, nice and simple.

Don't really remember who my current guild uses... I think it's a mage? Idk, easiest is definitely rogue though.
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Plane Walker

I just use my MM spec and easily burn the golems upstairs single target.

But if you're just starting out and not that geared yet... use this (Rogue spec):
    http://forums.deephallowbrewers.com/...ll=1#post15245
    Last edited by Neykho; 03-09-2012 at 02:05 AM.

I go up as a Mage with Earth pet.

As soon as you click first tomb attack 1 mob and pull it away from where it spawns otherwise you will get 2 mobs.

We now only click first tomb so no need to fight anything at all up there I then go down and join in

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

If your rogue has the standard sin/RS/BD solo spec, just throw on a piece of tank armor or two, put guardian phase up and roflstomp the adds.

Never did it before, went in my alt, was bored to tears most of that fight. Almost went afk to just let the stacks build up to amusing levels.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Plane Touched

We use a Cleric with Inquisicar build. It's actually me that does it. I don't have any issues blowing up the mobs upstairs to click the next book.
    Rallick - HE Cleric

When we were learning, we had a rogue (i.e. me) with a special spec including perma stealth, Slip Away, and both the NB and Sin saps. That way you can hit the first three tomes just by CCing the mobs and never have to attack any of them. And if you really need the fourth, you can sap two, break stealth and Blinding Powder the third, which should give you just enough time to hit the tome and Slip Away.

This person can stay upstairs for the entire fight and should be able to avoid a wipe, so after the first attempt you don't even need someone to port them upstairs. As you get better at the fight you'll be able to get by with fewer and fewer tomes - now we only need one, so I just run out at about 20 stacks, get ported up, hit the tome and jump straight down, and we straight up DPS her from there.

Champion of Telara

Just have a rogue in RS tanking spec put down their memory capture upstairs. Click tome, add(s) spawn, goes downstairs (just use the teleporter) and runs adds to boss. AoE kills them, teleports to memory capture (upstairs) - repeat.

No risk involved. Rogue tanks should never have a problem with dying to the adds. The only time they can screw up is if they forget to refresh their memory capture upstairs.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 03-09-2012 at 10:25 AM.

I do the upstairs for matrin on my mage and I survive very easily with my solo spec I use in the rest of the game.

I use 51 ele | 15 chloro | and 0 dom.

With the second book i just earth pet tank and kill.

third book I sheep one add, earth pet tank, pop swarming flames, it dies and so does the second very easily. Thats about it.

I have ruin and spores in my macro and I have life giving up so all my attacks heal my earth pet so I rarely have to stop to heal it.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

We only click one tome, so we just send up a Rogue with Sin/NB to CC the add then sit around and diddle his thumbs until it's time to click tome. Then he just runs back down to join the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    We only click one tome, so we just send up a Rogue with Sin/NB to CC the add then sit around and diddle his thumbs until it's time to click tome. Then he just runs back down to join the party.
    There's no add on the first tome, so you don't even need a CC spec if you're one-tomeing it. I run MM for the speed boosts, haul *** upstairs, hit the tome and jump over the edge and back down, and I'm back DPSing Matron before the little adds even pop up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast