+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Group Deserter Debuff...

Soulwalker

Default Looking for Group Deserter Debuff...

Now, I know "OMG THE GAME STARTS AT 50!" and this won't affect the 45+ game, really. However, I do have an issue with the way this debuff is applied.

I hate being carried through dungeons by a 50. It's just how I feel about it, and chatting with a few other rifters, I find that it's true for a bunch of people. I'm not advocating removing the ability for people to powerlevel the lazy, good for them if they want to do it.

However, if I get into a dungeon that I've queued for, find out there's a 50 in it (and hell, sometimes even with a 50, there's groups that wipe and wipe and wipe...), and decide to leave because I don't want to be given a free ride... Why should I be punished for having integrity, and for wanting to earn each of my levels, not have them handed to me?

There should be some sort of check put in place that if there's a 50 in a group, the deserter debuff shouldn't apply, so those of us who actually want to earn our levels the way it was meant to be done, don't get hosed for being honest.

Plane Walker

Are you going to leave an expert run as well when someone comes in there overgeared and "carries"

Then you can cry that it is not just a leveling problem, but an overall problem!!

Congrats to you! Your area for QQ has increased!

Soulwalker

Thank you for your valuable and constructive comments. However a 50 derping around in a level 20-30 dungeon doesn't help players learn anything about how their class plays or the roles they've queued up for. That's my biggest issue with people being carried. Hopefully (and I understand that it's not the case, most of the time) by the time someone is queueing up for experts, they've figured out how to play their class/role and an overgeared fellow won't completely trivialize learning how to play. That is what 1-50 is about, is it not? Learning how to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
    Are you going to leave an expert run as well when someone comes in there overgeared and "carries"

Then you can cry that it is not just a leveling problem, but an overall problem!!

Congrats to you! Your area for QQ has increased!
    If he was talking about the few normal dungeons lvl 50's get when they queue for a random normal that would've been a somewhat fair thing to say, but since he's talking about the lower ones, it's just plain stupid.

OT: While I agree that getting carried through dungeons is just plain boring, I don't think it's that big of an issue to actually 'fix' it.

To me personally it has happened only once or twice while leveling and while annoying it's not exactly game breaking or anything, just suffer through it for a bit and queue again. (And if you're a dps the queue again part is probably worse than sitting through it)
    Who needs a voice anyway.

Meh... just do the dungeon then drop group. Or submit blood for an 'integrity' check. And if doing even a single dungeon with a random 50 seems unbearable, the horror, form your own group. You know, like we used to have to do? Or do you?

General of Telara

Go afk 5 mins while the 50 is rushing his lowbie friend. Will take less time than waiting for the debuff to expire!

Plane Walker

Ask to be kicked
    AFK
    Log off for 5 minutes
    Soul recall and craft/solo quest until your kicked
    Pull excess trash until you wipe.
    If you're a rogue, Incriminate the healer pre-pull until you're kicked.
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Champion

I would just auto follow the 50 and alt tab/do something else. Getting a 50 in group doesn't happen often enough to warrant allowing people to abandon their group and not have consequences. I know people who get mad in expert dungeons when people in HK gear random queue. It's a part of the game, playing with other people. Either form your own group or accept that you may encounter level 50 players helping friends in dungeons.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

It is also possible that the level 50 you encounter didn't know about the Saga of the Endless quest or failed to do a step along the way and is now going back and doing it.

Are you saying that player must just NOT do it because he/she didn't do it at the appropriate level?

Soulwalker

Are you saying that player must just NOT do it because he/she didn't do it at the appropriate level?
    No, I'm saying, that as a character appropriately leveled for the instance, I should have some say as to whether or not I get carried through it, and not be penalized for wanting to work for my levels and experience. I don't like taking hand-outs from anyone in real life, and even in-game, and that's how I see being run through dungeons.

If others want to be run through, good for them. Personally, I would like to be able to opt-out of grouping with 50's until the mid-40s (since the level gap wouldn't be so severe).

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kotyaer View Post
    No, I'm saying, that as a character appropriately leveled for the instance, I should have some say as to whether or not I get carried through it, and not be penalized for wanting to work for my levels and experience. I don't like taking hand-outs from anyone in real life, and even in-game, and that's how I see being run through dungeons.

If others want to be run through, good for them. Personally, I would like to be able to opt-out of grouping with 50's until the mid-40s (since the level gap wouldn't be so severe).
    The level difference between 49 and 50 is pretty much the same thing as the level difference between a 15 and 49...

There are plenty of ways to for you to level solo, and there are plenty of work arounds to get out of a dungeon w/o consequences. Hell, half the time if you ask the 50 to leave they will if they aren't there for a real reason...

But, I'm not joking, having a geared 50 in a regular CC is the same thing as having a lvl 49 in a normal RotF.
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

QQ more about people wanting to do what they want to do. Many people run expert dungeons for rep. Do you have a problem with that?

(This is because you can only specifically queue for a dungeon just about once a day, therefore you can run a dungeon twice - expert and normal).
    Last edited by Calibrex; 03-13-2012 at 04:01 AM.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    (This is because you can only specifically queue for a dungeon just about once a day, therefore you can run a dungeon twice - expert and normal).
    if I remember correctly, you can queue for a specific normal dungeon as often as you like

Quote Originally Posted by AWHavoc View Post
    If you're a rogue, Incriminate the healer pre-pull until you're kicked.
    that's great advice o0 Instead, activate XP lock or leave the dungeon and continue questing. Or get yourself some friends with whom you can queue the dungeon(s) you prefer.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Oktabi View Post
    if I remember correctly, you can queue for a specific normal dungeon as often as you like

that's great advice o0 Instead, activate XP lock or leave the dungeon and continue questing. Or get yourself some friends with whom you can queue the dungeon(s) you prefer.
    Yup, you can run experts 1 time a day, but you can run normal dungeons an infinite number of times, making them ideal for reputation farming.

My advice is simply so he can leave.. it's much simpler to ask for a kick, that way you don't get the debuff, but worse case scenario, if you reallllly want to leave and they won't kick you, and the debuff isn't an option, then causing 2 wipes is simple and quick, and will get you out of there.

It's not the nice thing to do, and I would never do it, but if this guy hates lvl 50s as much as he says he does, then I believe he'd go to that.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kotyaer View Post

Same thing's going to happen when you hit 50 and HK or even RT1 geared players carry the runs. Yes, it's still carrying when they're pulling 2-3 times your DPS with ease. Honestly, just ask for a kick. If they won't help you out of the group, log for 5 mins, tab out, and requeue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast