+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two Handed Weapons

Rift Chaser

Default Two Handed Weapons

At the moment there are only 3 weapons that can be used for the 95% of dps warriors,since all warriors are 2 handed.1 in Rotp last boss,2 of them in HK estrode and Grugonim....i believe more 2 handed weapons should be implemented...since 1 handed theres dozens of them,besides the relic of course.
    Last edited by bourbon; 03-08-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    At the moment there are only 3 weapons that can be used for the 95% of dps warriors,since all warriors are 2 handed.1 in Rotp last boss,2 of them in HK estrode and Grugonim....i believe more 2 handed weapons should be implemented...since 1 handed theres dozens of them,besides the relic of course.
    You forgot the 1 from Akylios. The amount of 2 handed weapons that drop are fine since we are literally the only class that can use 2 handed swords / axes and polearms.

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    "Dozens" = 10 DPS 1h weapons at 46.4 DPS
    DW needs 2 weapons, 2h needs only 1, DW weapons shared between 2 callings, 2h used by only 1, current # of 2h weapons seems fine to me, don't need to pollute the tables like we had with cleric crap.
    Last edited by Adnoz; 03-08-2012 at 08:08 AM.

(Gear)

Since the release of RoTP, I think the amount of 2 handers is about right. The problem I more saw was that it was, for most guilds, bosses seven and eight until they were capable of getting one in Hammerknell. My personal preference would have been to spread it out a bit more, perhaps to something like Inquisitor and Sicaron, but with the buffs to lower tier relics and the addition of the T2 raid rifts, I don't think it'd be as big of a deal to progressing guilds as it was in earlier stages of Hammerknell.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronth View Post
    Since the release of RoTP, I think the amount of 2 handers is about right. The problem I more saw was that it was, for most guilds, bosses seven and eight until they were capable of getting one in Hammerknell. My personal preference would have been to spread it out a bit more, perhaps to something like Inquisitor and Sicaron, but with the buffs to lower tier relics and the addition of the T2 raid rifts, I don't think it'd be as big of a deal to progressing guilds as it was in earlier stages of Hammerknell.
    This, pretty much. It was more of an issue when people were actually stuck on earlier bosses and not even on Grug/Estrode yet - let alone seeing drops from them - but as it is, between the rolling nerfs and the improvement in gear and specs since HK first launched, the lower floor should be fairly straightforward for any decently well-organised guild.

There's always be complaints about certain items not dropping until later in a dungeon, but short of having every boss have one of every weapon type on its loot table, there's not much you can really do about that. Maybe it would be better if the 2H from one wing was moved to the first boss rather than the second, but as it is, things are about as well distributed as you can expect.

It's just a bit of an anomaly that, for rogues, the best HK weapon pre-Akylios drops from the first boss, and that the early bosses are absolutely bloated with cleric loot.

Ascendant

Unfortunately the number of 2-h drops is only appropriate for farming T2 raid teams, ones who have already gone through the content. The 2-h ROTP sword optimally would go on beruhast, not the final boss.

While it's true that 2-h weapons saturate earlier than 1-h weapons in a raid team by quite a long time, it's also true that 2-h weapons, early on, are the most severely lacking.

There's not an easy fix for it except to bring the 2-h weapons to vendor and off drop. They are prone to wild swings in raid luck or lack thereof at the start.

2-h weapons will be the first melee weapons to not have people who want it in your team though.

+ Reply to Thread