+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trion: Fix the lag inbefore Infernal Dawn is released!

Default Trion: Fix the lag inbefore Infernal Dawn is released!

I am not sure if this is on all servers but on high pop servers, much like Faeblight, encounters become 10X harder than intended even when they are on farm.

Hitting an ability and nothing triggering for 5 seconds(not exagerrating) repeatedly causes unwanted frustration.

I bring this up now because I fear it'll be an issue for guilds heading in Infernal Dawn when it hits. It's knocking on our door and you have no said one word about a potential fix.

If you do not do something about this lag, what could be a great experience in openning your next raid could potentially turn out like the River of Souls event. On servers like faeblight, people will be pouring into this instance the first day it is released to the public. Nerfs to hammerknell will have made it possible for several guilds progressing through HK that are 4/11 atm to have Akylios dead by April. So the lag will continue past the openning day into weeks after the initial rush after people have seen the new raid and go back to gearing for it.

People should not be forced to leave their home shards for an under populated shard just for the sake of raiding. Friends are made and memories are there. I know you care, but I feel like you're afraid to tell the community, "I'm sorry guys, there's nothing we can."

I also realize this is not happening to everyone. Some players experience it more than others. It is not a computer problem, it is a server problem. People in our guild with top end PCs are getting significant ability lag while some hardly get a half-second of ability lag with toasters for a computer.

Well here's a thought: Open some of those trial shards back up and specifically make one of those a PvP-RP shard. Why is that so hard? Maybe someone can fill me on why that has not happened yet.

You released an awesome video of Infernal Dawn and I opennly said, "wow" to everything in Infernal Dawn. But in the back of my mind(here's looking at the fight with the interactive ship), I was thinking... this lag is going to ruin this encounter for me.

Please fix the lag. Our GM won't leave the shard and I agree but if it comes down to not being able to progress in ID, I may end up taking a break from your game because you will not recognize this problem.
    Last edited by Mayakov; 03-08-2012 at 06:19 AM.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Ascendant

I haven't been able to run an optimal warrior rotation for months because of the consistent wednesday (or always) raid lag. Part of the reason for instanced fights was so that server congestion doesn't affect performance, and yet when we enter HK, lag gets worse.

Not that I care, but I've seen this lag crush our DPS by up to 7500/s, and it makes quick reaction fights like silgen much more difficult. With server lag, there is no making up for the lost DPS. It's just gone.

It's better to get rid of the lag now than to tune the next tier of raiding assuming it either is or isn't there. We can steamroll HK through lag, but we won't be able to freehand our rotations in upper ID so easily. If there's lag in ID for some but not others, it becomes a quality control and player satisfaction issue. Trion needs as few of these as possible.

Rift Chaser

Yeah Trion said they fixed some issue related to the server lag about 2-3 weeks ago and that they were looking for other things to fix to help out. We haven't heard anything official from them in 2-3 weeks about addressing the lag, which is just completely out of hand.

I love the game, but half the time, my skills don't even go off when I tell them to, so that is ruining an otherwise great game.

(bored at work here)

If my power didn't go out last night I think I would have a broken computer right now because I was ready to throw it out the window. Barely breaking 3.1k dps on murdantix with BiS main hand/off hand relics. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING! Running defilemancer where you hit your dots, they don't fire all the while wasting charge on spells that aren't casting and having defile fall off >< I hate playing a mage sometimes...
    Last edited by Mayakov; 03-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Ya ID is going to be really gross on Keenblade. I think we will have 12-15 guilds heading into ID the night it releases.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Precisely timed rotations such as some mages, bloodstalker, and RW are terrible for this ability lag. If you miss ONE thing in a rotation your DPS tanks to pre-HK levels.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Ya ID is going to be really gross on Keenblade. I think we will have 12-15 guilds heading into ID the night it releases.
    Both shard NA clusters will be hurting pretty bad. =/
    --BC

I'm on Faeblight, and yea pretty much exactly what everyone else is saying, lag has made our raid nights pretty horrid lately. Two weeks ago our DPS on Murdantix had dropped by 8k.

Prophet of Telara

Guilds have already left or are planing to leave bloodiron (which is on high pop status most of the time) when the new instance comes. Know for a fact that 2 are considering it already while 1 (S.O.) have already left. And its not just your average ability lag, sometimes the whole raid gets full seconds where no ability goes off and stuff like that. Doubt trion are even aware or willing to admit there is a huge issue there. If you (Trion) want to design stuff built around any kind of player or player group reaction time make sure your servers can handle that first.
    Last edited by Alex113; 03-08-2012 at 04:09 PM.

The funny thing is that many high end raiders will tell me my guild needs to learn2play, but plenty of Oceanics face this issue and more because of inherent server travel time. We've been noting this for months, and it annoys my rogues, causes us to take more ticks of breathes (not like its an issue as much now, but still) than necessary, I've even seen one guy teleport off the platform on aky because he froze and didn't realize it, continuing to run his mind control towards melee.... Wait, why is he dead in the water?
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Ascendant

What I find really interesting is that Fae blight isn't even the most populated shard and population is trickling away from it at quite a steady pace but people are still on here complaining about the lag on it even though the problem is fixing itself every day.

You also already have the tools available if you want a lag-free ID launch, threesprings has plenty of space just waiting for people to soak up lag free fun. (or pretty much any of the servers other than Wolfsbane, Faeblight, Seastone, or Deepwood).

Guilds that are going to go for world firsts will be moving if you're not that dedicated. Just wait it out and the problem will fix itself if that's the case.

Playing from Australia I have never noticed this at all.
    But what I have noticed is our raid dps on Sicaron/Murdantix has been stagnant for a long time now.
    Nope.

The definition of server lag is called an Ember Isle Zone Event during Prime Time of Faeblight.

I can hit Vex (a dot) and maybe see the last tic of it before the first. All this and my 30fps and 60ms connection (I live in Texas) does not change...

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Precisely timed rotations such as some mages, bloodstalker, and RW are terrible for this ability lag. If you miss ONE thing in a rotation your DPS tanks to pre-HK levels.
    Yeah, when running 38/28 those random server spikes of up to 3s make you want to puke.
    Plus dodge void zones will be very much fun in ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Playing from Australia I have never noticed this at all.
    But what I have noticed is our raid dps on Sicaron/Murdantix has been stagnant for a long time now.
    Constant client lag isn't all that bad.
    Random server lags are horribad though.

Dead & boring server VS playable raids -- neither is good.

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by MaddBomber83 View Post
    The definition of server lag is called an Ember Isle Zone Event during Prime Time of Faeblight.

I can hit Vex (a dot) and maybe see the last tic of it before the first. All this and my 30fps and 60ms connection (I live in Texas) does not change...
    I can raise that.
    My Strafe regularly cancels on EI bosses after 1-3 ticks... while standing still, not being CCed, anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast