+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expert Dungeons

Soulwalker

Default Expert Dungeons

So me and a friend have been lvling from lvl 1 to 50 together, i hit 50 slightly before him and when i hit 50 had all the prereqs for expert dungeons. So my friend hit 50 and we were gonna do experts together when i discovered that he isn't even close to making the prereqs. He's been playing warrior tank since the begining of our adventure and he's around 40 toughness short. What is the way to go at this point? Do we grind the lvl 48-50 dungeons? It doesn't seem fair, i have done 2 experts and doubled the power of my staff, we are completly stuck here and have no clue how to proceed.

your friend can do regular dungeons for gear or, if he's got the plat, buy the crafted stuff
    "All we had to do was follow the damn train CJ"

There's also chronicles or he might be able to dps as well. Also crafted stuff, doesn't even have to be the best crafted tank items.
    Even free cost too much now

He should tank the normal 50s before he hits experts. I would also recommend he does a few runs as dps before he tries to tank them so he can learn some of the mechanics.

If he just needs toughness then he can put runes on to fill the gaps if necessary.
    Last edited by Torvaldr; 03-06-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Runes:
    Incandescent Indomitable Runeshard adds +20 Toughness to Chest.
    Radiant Indomitable Runeshard adds +10 Toughness to Chest, if you can't afford the Incandescent version.

Other:
    Reinforced Planar Lens - a Lesser Essence he can slot into his Sigil that costs 2,500 Planarite and 50 Inscribed Sourcestones ('ISS') from any one of the Rift Faction Planar Vendors (the Order of the Flame/etc) at (7470,3012) inside Sanctum (if you are a guardian).
    The above gives +40 Toughness.
    50 ISS should usually take 3-5 zone events.

Either use one or more of the above, or your friend should do the first Chronicle, you should two-man the other 3 Chronicles ( press J to bring up the window ), or run through a few more normal dungeons.
    There are other options though, like getting enough ISS for the planar equips. Those carry some toughness too. However, it all depends on your playstyle, whether you participate often in zone events, or have built up platinum in your travels (to buy crafted items on AH)/etc.
    Last edited by Jonus; 03-06-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Buy crafted tank gear from AH....buy crafted wrapons/ rings for same set...buy engine snd all 6 lowers....problem solved
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

Soulwalker

Get some guild mates to enter you via the entrance(portal) rather then the LFG tool. If their any good they should be able to carry you both through(while teaching you/helping you). You can do this with raids too. I would suggest a good guild is key to your enjoyment of this game

It's only 50 Toughness iirc, it will only take a few 48-50 Dungeons to get the necessary gear.

More important is that he knows how to tank once he has the gear, especially how to hold threat because once he starts getting fully raid geared dps smashing things it will be much harder for him and he'll need to spec appropriately.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    It's only 50 Toughness iirc, it will only take a few 48-50 Dungeons to get the necessary gear.

More important is that he knows how to tank once he has the gear, especially how to hold threat because once he starts getting fully raid geared dps smashing things it will be much harder for him and he'll need to spec appropriately.

This ^. I sometimes forget when i do my random for the day that new tanks can't handle HK geared Stormcaller
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    This ^. I sometimes forget when i do my random for the day that new tanks can't handle HK geared Stormcaller
    I used to spend a lot of time in the dirt in experts before I decided to ditch Stormcaller and just click Firestorm whilst I went and made a coffee.

When I dinged 50 on my warrior I immediately began tanking experts in blues/greens for my 11/11 guildmates.

Trust me it was a hairy learning experience.

The shock of going from levelling characters who pull 500 dps AoE to geared 50s pulling 6k+ is a pretty severe one if unprepared and your guildies are doing everything they can to pull aggro just so they can heckle you for being a bad tank.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 03-07-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    The shock of going from levelling characters who pull 500 dps AoE to geared 50s pulling 6k+ is a pretty severe one if unprepared and your guildies are doing everything they can to pull aggro just so they can heckle you for being a bad tank.
    lol, guilty of that . to be thrown in the deep end is a good way to learn I say. As long as its done in the right manner and provide constructive feedback.
    Its almost a running joke in the guild when someone admits they are having a crack at tanking or just hits 50 to put our mains in the group with them.
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by GoldChrish View Post
    lol, guilty of that . to be thrown in the deep end is a good way to learn I say. As long as its done in the right manner and provide constructive feedback.
    Its almost a running joke in the guild when someone admits they are having a crack at tanking or just hits 50 to put our mains in the group with them.
    Its funny you say that because my guild does that too! oh wait....

The way the game is set up is idiotic.

Once me and my gf hit 50 we ran into the same problem. Im a tank and she was a healer. Tanks, can't skip from T1 to T2 they have to have the toughness which sucks. Needless to say there are quite a bit of toughness items you can buy through the AH, through scourcestones, and even faction. But, it is a pain. As a healer she could skip right to T2 content. To where I had to spend marks and get gear in T1 content in order to be able to tank t2s with her.

+ Reply to Thread