+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Akylios isn't easy

Default Akylios isn't easy

Lets be honest here. I understand the elitism and the QQ but lets be very clear - its not easy. I'll grant you that it's easier but it still has some very difficult mechanics that sheer stupidity, RNG, dumb luck, or excess dps (whatever you want to call it) simply cannot fix. Be prepared: its still the hardest fight in the game.
    When all is said and done ... too much is said than done.
    Rome wasn't created by meetings. They did it by killing their enemies.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But it's insanely easy now. Rune King is the new hardest boss in HK!

Breaths are announced and you don't need to move from waves so what exactly is going to kill you?

Nothing can kill you unless people don't use their brain.

And seeing how almost all 10/11 guilds got to 11/11 same week tells us the same story
    Last edited by Angryweasel; 03-06-2012 at 06:53 AM.
    _______****Warrior - Yes it's me!****_________

What kind of response did you honestly think this thread would/will get?

/facepalm

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

Champion

What exactly is difficult about this fight now? I could understand it being challenging if you came to the fight knowing none of the mechanics and having no guides available but that is not the case. As a raid/tank healer on this fight (I have also DPS'd on Akylios pre- hard nerfs) I'd say all of the challenge is gone.

If your guild is having trouble with the fight perhaps it would be good to ask for help here
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Silgen is easily the hardest fight in the game now.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Sorry but he is very easy, our best was 30% before this week and we were hoping to get a kill in about a week or 2 before the nerf. Boom neft hits and in our first 2 pulls we hit 1% and wiped. 4th pull we killed him. A lot of us were just so surprised how ridiculous it was. Grug/Rk/Silgen provide more of a challenge imo

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Ascendant

Why do people list Grug as a harder boss? It really bothers me haha that boss is so stupid easy...Sicaron has less room for fail imo. I still think Akylios is the hardest boss in the instance since you can heal through just about anything in terms of screw ups on Rune King except the imbalance(and interrupts), which you have to try REALLY hard to mess up. Akylios is still tougher if from nothing else than just the length of the fight for people learning the event.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 03-06-2012 at 09:21 AM.

The hard parts are now phases 1 and 2 with the add management. People complaining that he's too easy now already had these phases in the bag, had gotten to grips with breath/orbs/decay and were just getting [EDIT] kicked by waves. Bads and people who've never even started on Akylios before now will still get schooled by phases 1 and 2 and the rest of the mechanics, don't worry about that.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 03-07-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Ascendant

Difficulty now:

Silgen>RKM/PD>T2 Earth Rift final stage>Arakhurn>Akylios.

Seriously. It took our Briarcliff semi-pug HK three attempts from first getting there to downing Akylios, two of which were people just [EDIT] messing up in P1.

Akylios is not hard.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 03-07-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Prophet of Telara

I agree you have to view it from a phase perspective. The first two phases are now the hardest and any half decent guild will only take 2 weeks to progress past these.

Also silgen isn't harder than akylios, its just more of a BS fight. You can be 100% on it and move the minute heat funnel spawns near/on you and you can still get shafted by it - not a good mechanic that can if unlucky be unavoidable.

I'd go:

Aky phase 1+2 > Sicaron > RKM/Grugonim > Darktide > Aky phase 3+4
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Sword of Telara

For the proper gear level mmCR is the hardest dungeon in the game.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    I agree you have to view it from a phase perspective. The first two phases are now the hardest and any half decent guild will only take 2 weeks to progress past these.

Also silgen isn't harder than akylios, its just more of a BS fight. You can be 100% on it and move the minute heat funnel spawns near/on you and you can still get shafted by it - not a good mechanic that can if unlucky be unavoidable.

I'd go:

Everything in Aky p1/2 is easily avoidable if you aren't brain dead, and unless your tank AFKs adds shouldn't be a problem. Sicaron is by no means harder than RKM mechanics-wise, he consists of very simple mechanics that almost anyone can do as long as they listen to vent chatter. Silgen still requires you be incredibly good at your respective job (Cleanse/DPS/Heal/Tank) and does not allow for carrying idiots like you can in Akylios now (I mean...We 18-manned it the other day and almost downed him solo-tanking. We could've brought two scrubs that we knew would die in P1/2 and just leave it at that). Akylios is by no means the hardest fight in the game now.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Silgen is easily the hardest fight in the game now.
    Lies. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post

I'd go:

Serious? I don't get how RKM is hard. 4-5 competent people can completely carry the encounter as long as your dps knows not to stand in bad and your clerics dol on cursed blow. I don't even get healed as a tank and just soak up passive mage/bard/dol heals. Darktide is ROFL easy. People are mistaking fights in which one derp can wipe the raid for difficulty. Sicaron is one of the easiest fights in the game, same as Grug.

General is at least interesting in that it really taxes person responsibility. Aky Phase 3+4 does still require more mechanics to keep up with than other fights. Aky Phase 1+2 is a snooze fest given that gear/toon inflation has made all the dps checks a joke.

General>> Aky 3+4 >> Everything else > Garau.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwalker View Post
    Lies. /10char
    Agreed, that would be Plutonus, at least for me personally...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast