+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Akylios isn't easy

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Oh, no, lets keep these mobs no more than 7% HP away from each other. Tons of coordination there, let me tell ya.
    hmm Aky...interrupt....jump...interrupt...jump...dead squid...real hard there too
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Telaran

Hogger is the hardest boss...

Crap... wrong game.
    [Maximation is recruiting Guardians for progression. Apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijati View Post
    hmm Aky...interrupt....jump...interrupt...jump...dead squid...real hard there too
    Now you are just making yourself sound silly. Quit while you're...oh wait, you never were ahead.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

King is still more coordination...back to the little bus for you now.
    My guild one shots RKM and Grug, we kill Silgen in 4 ish tries getting to be less.
    So apparantly, since we cannot 1 shot Aky yet, we are baddies... *looks for the shortbus*

elitism, yes folks it is alive and well with some people

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    My guild one shots RKM and Grug, we kill Silgen in 4 ish tries getting to be less.
    So apparantly, since we cannot 1 shot Aky yet, we are baddies... *looks for the shortbus*

It's not surprised it's also coming from a rogue. Just saiyan.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    The hard parts are now phases 1 and 2 with the add management. People complaining that he's too easy now already had these phases in the bag, had gotten to grips with breath/orbs/decay and were just getting their ***** kicked by waves. Bads and people who've never even started on Akylios before now will still get schooled by phases 1 and 2 and the rest of the mechanics, don't worry about that.
    Is this really true? Our guild got to 10/11 last week finally (17 man Darktide ftw!) and our first attempt on Akylios didn't come until Sunday, after the nerf. We went in expecting to wipe alot, but we got to P3 in an hour and half and decided to take a break on Akylios for the night. And come back strong next week.

I figured P3 and P4 were still the hardest even after the changes. This gives me hope!

See, my guild is the opposite. We 1 shot Silgen now every time (even a new guy in there last night who had never done it), but we struggle on Grug now and then and we'll occasionally die on RKM if a square pops up in a bad spot at a bad time.

I personally think Grug is easy, but somehow people die.
    Last edited by Zadozex; 03-06-2012 at 12:27 PM.

According to that site maximation is 10/11 and Special Olympics got the world first Aky. No, it's not in the slightest bit accurate.
    Incorrect. It does show Voodoo as 1st kill on 9/27. So in your estimation there are more than 536 ranked guilds and more than a 10% or so completion rate for the instance? Is there somewhere else you can point me to for more accurate and up to date information?

As for the Maximation part, yes you are correct in that they have no kill for them listed.
    Last edited by Tagliavini; 03-06-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Now you are just making yourself sound silly. Quit while you're...oh wait, you never were ahead.
    At what point were you ahead? Now stop using your iphone during class and pay attention to your teacher okay...!
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Ascendant

Before the changes, we spent two weeks geting through the Phase 3 transition and another two to get comfortable with phase 4. Then every week after that it's been automatic. It wasn't a hard fight to begin with, they just cut the time it takes to get it on farm.

This is an appropriately tuned endgame boss for a sophomore MMO who took a big population crash. Rift just can't afford to be hardcore-focussed at this time.

Hopefully ID challenge is fluidly synched with this new akylios, and gradually revs up the difficulty. HK left too many players behind in its difficulty push.

Unfortunately, though, Trion's likely to screw it up again, overtune everything to hell because of feedback from a population that will do them no good in the long run, and lose more players in the badlands of midcontent.

A smooth transition from this Akylios to bosses 1-4 of ID would be optimal.

The game's barely, barely ready for a new tier of content. Most of the raider class got left back in stale content, so Trio needs to fix that.

RIFT Guide Writer

Indeedy. Exactly what i been sayin'. Yes things are easier, but it is STILL tough progression for progression guilds and YES, it is easier farming for guilds already farming Aky. Finally an 11/11 guild humble enough to realize this. cheers
    I'd wager Akylios still takes the longest to learn the first time of any boss in HK.

I'm only disappointed that once you have mastered P3, its smooth sailing to a kill, when P4 used to be this crazy climax. I wish they had nerfed everything to keep the feeling of climax in place.

And I wish it had happened after ID was released.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tagliavini View Post

As for the Maximation part, yes you are correct in that they have no kill for them listed.
    Double CRAP!!!... I always thought Inwar was the final boss and everyone was trolling us about a boss called Akylios

Nah, don't believe off sites like these tbh. They never have totally correct information. I'd check either the individual guild websites, or these forums.

Now to go hunt for this Akylios boss......

Ascendant

Sometimes murdantix kills 7 of us. Kid you not.
    We wipe on average twice on Silgen.
    HK takes us three hours from start to finish, and the new aky changes don't affect that by a single minute.

Elitists are always going to run just far enough away from the masses who they consider inferior, draw a line, and say THAT is the cutoff between bad and pro. The more the masses achieve, the further they run to draw new arbitrary lines. In their heads there MUST be a difference between them and common people. It's a pathologic obsession among their kind.

About all you can do is just keep taking their prizes away from them and seeing how silly their new goals become in their sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by grimtoc View Post
    Double CRAP!!!... I always thought Inwar was the final boss and everyone was trolling us about a boss called Akylios

Nah, don't believe off sites like these tbh. They never have totally correct information. I'd check either the individual guild websites, or these forums.

Now to go hunt for this Akylios boss......
    Good luck from what I've read he's difficult to pin down.

What I am interested in is guild rankings and kill/completion rates. Is there a more accurate and trusted site which houses this information?

Soulwalker

So all I read there was you cannot fix bad people...Akylios is a joke now...if you spent that much time working on him and not getting a kill right away after having been to P4 repeatedly then we cannot help you fix yourself...but I suggest getting new people...just saying ID will not be for you if you have that much trouble on Aky now
    How is he trouble considering we downed him? For someone like urself who cleared HK 3 days from when i first entered HK I feel our rate of progression is pefect. You just sound like an idiot.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tagliavini View Post
    Good luck from what I've read he's difficult to pin down.

What I am interested in is guild rankings and kill/completion rates. Is there a more accurate and trusted site which houses this information?
    RiftRanks is the only one I know of. They got a lot of slack with how HK was calculated, but it's the only one that kept on top of it.

HK World Firsts

The top guilds stay pretty much in touch with each other and keep track of who has what, but as far as posting to a thrid party type site, nah. We can say our accolades are:

Hammerknell
    World 2nd Lord Jornaru and Akylios
    World 3rd Inwar Darktide
    World 1st Inquistor Garau
    World 1st Grugonim
    World 2nd Estrode
    World 2nd King Molinar & Prince Dollin
    World 1st Sicaron
    World 1st Soulrender Zilas
    World 2nd/US 1st Matron Zamira

Gilded Prophecy
    World 1st Uruluuk
    World 1st Thalguur
    World 2nd Guurloth
    World 2nd Anrak the Foul

River of Souls
    World 4th Alsbeth
    US 1st Herald Gaurath
    World 4th Plutonis the Immortal
    US 2nd Warmaster Galenir

Greenscale Blight
    World 2nd Duke Letareus
    World 1st Infiltrator Johlen
    World 1st Oracle Aleria
    World 1st Prince Hylas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast