Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Akylios is completely and utterly rediculous

Default Akylios is completely and utterly rediculous

Ok, small back story. My guild is, and has been for some time 10/11 in HK, and our best attempt before the nerfs was 27%, with the usual issues of progression night attendance, raid composition, the more casual attitude we have e.t.c, e.t.c.

But even for what is in essence as semi-casual guild these nerfs are rediculous. We got our akylios kill with 2 pulls tonight on our first attempt since the nerfs, and it was a joke. We had 3 people mind controlled, not a SINGLE person got waterproof, singers healed aky for god knows how much, mumble was a conglomeration of voices and commands with no real direction or even coherency at times. It was, for want of a less cliched saying, a complete cluster **** from 30% onwards.

This is fine, we hadn't really been past here before, and of course things were going to get hairy, people were going to mess up e.t.c. e.t.c., but that isn't the point. The point is not only did we not deserve to kill him, I am frankly embarrassed we managed to. It was the least satisfying boss kill I have ever experienced. Yes, maybe he needed some nerfs to make it more viable for the guilds coming into akylios with ID around the corner. But boy oh boy.

No one in our guild is happy, and the most resounding reaction is one of "oh **** our kill video is going to make us look like absolute chumps" and I'm fairly sure it will.

TL;DR

Akylios made me a sad panda, and what should have been a great guild moment, was instead a realisation that we had missed the boat. Which is not the way a kill should be.

Also, I may post the video here later, at the risk of being killed by my guildies, just to prove simply how bad you can be to kill akylios now. Because, we were ****ing terrible.
    Last edited by Hikos; 03-03-2012 at 08:12 PM.

So it turns out you can't change the title.

Ridiculous.

Is the correct spelling.

I'm sorry Trunks.

I really am.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    So it turns out you can't change the title.

Ridiculous.

Is the correct spelling.

I'm sorry Trunks.

I really am.
    *cough* baddie *cough*

And yeah, after 30% it went sideways.....
    Retired from raiding

kudos op, i respect your understanding of what happened and what you were denied.
    who took my names!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    Ok, small back story. My guild is, and has been for some time 10/11 in HK, and our best attempt before the nerfs was 27%, with the usual issues of progression night attendance, raid composition, the more casual attitude we have e.t.c, e.t.c.

But even for what is in essence as semi-casual guild these nerfs are rediculous. We got our akylios kill with 2 pulls tonight on our first attempt since the nerfs, and it was a joke. We had 3 people mind controlled, not a SINGLE person got waterproof, singers healed aky for god knows how much, mumble was a conglomeration of voices and commands with no real direction or even coherency at times. It was, for want of a less cliched saying, a complete cluster **** from 30% onwards.

This is fine, we hadn't really been past here before, and of course things were going to get hairy, people were going to mess up e.t.c. e.t.c., but that isn't the point. The point is not only did we not deserve to kill him, I am frankly embarrassed we managed to. It was the least satisfying boss kill I have ever experienced. Yes, maybe he needed some nerfs to make it more viable for the guilds coming into akylios with ID around the corner. But boy oh boy.

No one in our guild is happy, and the most resounding reaction is one of "oh **** our kill video is going to make us look like absolute chumps" and I'm fairly sure it will.

TL;DR

Akylios made me a sad panda, and what should have been a great guild moment, was instead a realisation that we had missed the boat. Which is not the way a kill should be.

Also, I may post the video here later, at the risk of being killed by my guildies, just to prove simply how bad you can be to kill akylios now. Because, we were ****ing terrible.
    Would you rather become one of the guilds that Akylios killed?
    Because sounds like that's where you were heading.

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    Because stupidity should be rewarded.

Um no, we weren't. I'd rather be one of those guilds who killed a tough boss and had all the satisfaction that went with it.

We had got him to 27% the week before the nerfs, but nah mate, you're right. We were pretty much dead on our feet and not relishing the challenge at all.

Your terrible trolling isn't even going to work here because we aren't an elite guild at all, just one who appreciates a challenge rather than a loot pinata.

Champion

This needed another thread.

Needs another 3-4 + 1 each time a guild kills it/perfects it on their first kills.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

It wasn't at all, and that's what the worst part is.

The guilds that aklyios would've killed have already been dead.

You have three types of raiding guilds: Those that could, those that were trying and those that don't care.

The only thing the nerf did was screw the middle guys out of their sense of accomplishment.

Its maybe one step away from being pugable. 10/11 already is.

I'm most likely going to be castrated by my guildies for linking this, but here is our kill.

Yes, it is pathetic, we are fully aware, this is the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6kn3...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Hikos; 03-04-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    It wasn't at all, and that's what the worst part is.
    I kind of see where the OP is coming from here. My old guild was months behind the curve, and we spent ages farming water resists, making sure everytone had enough hit/focus before starting on Akylios, and the week after we first started working on him, he got nerfed so that his hit reduction aura was nothing.

It was very satisfying finally getting him down, and I'd have been mad as hell if I'd been within touching distance of a kill and then the latest nerf happened. If you're at 24% you've pretty much got it in the bag, all it takes is a little more practice at the multiple mechanics piling up on you at once.

We were more excited killing this on our alts last week, before the nerf, than you guys were killing it your first time. This makes me sad. You were deprived of the excitement, but hey, you got your oranges, which is why raiders raid, right? Right...? Anybody...?

Real raiders don't do it for the loot--they do it for the challenge. Whether that be world first or world 100th, real raiders get it. Sorry for your loss.
    Last edited by puddin; 03-04-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Herp de derp, yeah man real raiders do it for the challenge!

*installs baby-mode addons that unequivocally make raiding less challenging*

*is every Rift raider ever*
    Last edited by Gumdrop; 03-04-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast