Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Akylios is completely and utterly rediculous

Quote Originally Posted by puddin View Post
    We were more excited killing this on our alts last week, before the nerf, than you guys were killing it your first time. This makes me sad. You were deprived of the excitement, but hey, you got your oranges, which is why raiders raid, right? Right...? Anybody...?

Real raiders don't do it for the loot--they do it for the challenge. Whether that be world first or world 100th, real raiders get it. Sorry for your loss.
    Tanking murdantix at the top of the stairs like a real raider!!! Challenge mode engaged!

As far as aky goes oh well, in few months no one will remember what he was like before.

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    Tanking murdantix at the top of the stairs like a real raider!!!
    Actually yes, yes it is. He is a perfect parse boss that allows us to find the best of the best. Raid spots have been won and lost on Murdantix parses. You seem to know what you're talking about. Why don't you app and come take a spot from one of our raiders? I await your trial. Come show me how a real raider plays.
    Last edited by puddin; 03-04-2012 at 06:39 PM.

old school kiting maurdantix round in circle was fun till someone told us the cheesing method i blame that someone who took the found out of it. Anyway I fully agree with Akylios being extremely gay now we down it 1 week before the nerf when wave hitting u off in P4 onward was hell of a fun especially if u tank didn't have Wotm Spec. Now the Squid is easier then Herald.
    Guild Leader <Yakisoba> Rift Wing on Hailol
    Progression: NT T1 Cleared
    NA First Lachstep achievement

Click to Apply

Quote Originally Posted by puddin View Post
    Actually yes, yes it is. He is a perfect parse boss that allows us to find the best of the best. Raid spots have been won and lost on Murdantix parses. You seem to know what you're talking about. Why don't you app and come take a spot from one of our raiders? I await your trial. Come show me how a real raider plays.
    I think it's interesting you determine your best raiders from a static target instead of those exercising skill in timing of movement or avoidance while sustaining their highest possible dps. I've seen just the opposite - people with higher numbers on a dummy sometimes suck at utilizing their defensive and mobility CDs to maximize uptime while maintaining their rotation.

Murdantix on the stairs is like a gear and FotM build check, and whether or not you've followed the guide.

Obviously Voodoo is a top notch guild with impressive results, so it must work to some extent. Who knows.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    I think it's interesting you determine your best raiders from a static target instead of those exercising skill in timing of movement or avoidance while sustaining their highest possible dps. I've seen just the opposite - people with higher numbers on a dummy sometimes suck at utilizing their defensive and mobility CDs to maximize uptime while maintaining their rotation.

Murdantix on the stairs is like a gear and FotM build check, and whether or not you've followed the guide.

Obviously Voodoo is a top notch guild with impressive results, so it must work to some extent. Who knows.
    It's not the end-all, be-all, of course, but it is a huge indicator of class mastery. We did, of course, judge based on wave dodging and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrimnir View Post
    Im sorry but i have no sympathy. All these people saying they feel your pain aren't looking at the forest for the trees. You said in your own post OP that you guys were stuck at a certain point and were dealing with the same crap week after week that a lot of guilds were (lack of attendance due to most people not caring about the aky kill), loss of people to other games, overall attendance issues, etc.

The reality is you probably NEVER would have finished it by the time ID released, and by then you would of gone into ID and gotten better gear, and then gone back and finished and either A. Made the same complaint as now, or B. Acted like you were all badasses for killing aky when it was still hard (even though you had better gear). I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you guys would have gone with option A.

Again, the end result is the same, you wouldnt have beat it the way you wanted.

On that note, im getitng sick of all the whining about Aky anyways. HK has been out since june 22nd, we're not literally 8 months and some change later and people are getting butt hurt because they didnt kill the big bad end game boss before he was nerfed. You should be happy it took this long. Had this been blizzard or any other MMO dev they would of nerfed it into the ground FAR FAR FAR quicker than Trion did.

The only people to blame for not having dropped Aky by now is yourselves/ourselves, and that includes me.
    This amuses me. We were making good progression and having fun doing it. That's all I want to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrimnir View Post
    Im sorry but i have no sympathy. All these people saying they feel your pain aren't looking at the forest for the trees. You said in your own post OP that you guys were stuck at a certain point and were dealing with the same crap week after week that a lot of guilds were (lack of attendance due to most people not caring about the aky kill), loss of people to other games, overall attendance issues, etc.

The reality is you probably NEVER would have finished it by the time ID released, and by then you would of gone into ID and gotten better gear, and then gone back and finished and either A. Made the same complaint as now, or B. Acted like you were all badasses for killing aky when it was still hard (even though you had better gear). I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you guys would have gone with option A.

Again, the end result is the same, you wouldnt have beat it the way you wanted.

On that note, im getitng sick of all the whining about Aky anyways. HK has been out since june 22nd, we're not literally 8 months and some change later and people are getting butt hurt because they didnt kill the big bad end game boss before he was nerfed. You should be happy it took this long. Had this been blizzard or any other MMO dev they would of nerfed it into the ground FAR FAR FAR quicker than Trion did.

The only people to blame for not having dropped Aky by now is yourselves/ourselves, and that includes me.

The misconception here is that they wanted too and needed too be in ID day 1. I know my guild wasn't in HK day 1, it took us an extra month to finish GSB and ROS and had just a fine time working our way through HK at our own pace.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    Um no, we weren't. I'd rather be one of those guilds who killed a tough boss and had all the satisfaction that went with it.

We had got him to 27% the week before the nerfs, but nah mate, you're right. We were pretty much dead on our feet and not relishing the challenge at all.

Your terrible trolling isn't even going to work here because we aren't an elite guild at all, just one who appreciates a challenge rather than a loot pinata.
    Just sayin. Every data point in your original post indicates that you are of the demographic that the original Akylios wipes till it quits.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    (disclaimer: my guild hasn't beaten HK yet)

I've already stated my thoughts in the other thread (and honestly, how many of these threads do we really need?), but fact is Hammerknell and Aky have been out for around half a year.

If you wanted the sense of accomplishment, you had ample time in which to kill him "pre-nerf".

Dev's are nerfing content to get more people more gear in preparation for ID. Simple as that. Don't like it? Work faster next time.
    Correct. If you wanted the sense of accomplishment, don't sit back with the semi-casual guilds in progression.

They tune content to the people currently relevant in it. Don't like that? Speed up and get out of the slow lane.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post

Murd is used to judge one specific component of raiding, min/maxing. We used Akylios to determine whether the applicant could actually handle difficult raid mechanics.

Until the last patch of nerfs, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrop View Post
    Herp de derp, yeah man real raiders do it for the challenge!

*installs baby-mode addons that unequivocally make raiding less challenging*

*is every Rift raider ever*
    Sure, the addons are training wheels, but those came out well after HK bosses have been killed.

How did you think the makers of those addons got the timing and other info for the mechanics?

Apparently, you've never raided bleeding edge, where there was little to no info to be had and no add-on to tell you what to look out for.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jopok View Post
    Murd is used to judge one specific component of raiding, min/maxing. We used Akylios to determine whether the applicant could actually handle difficult raid mechanics.

Until the last patch of nerfs, that is.
    Poor way to judge. You should already know the players' raid mechanics proficiency from the oh....ten bosses before it.

You all are constantly looking for the litmus test for bad versus good player, and that's untimately a naive approach. It's a continuum. You should have paid attention to how that player handled all ten of the prior HK mechanics.

There is a difference between being good at mechanics and being on a learning curve. Learn it.
    You can practice waves till you're blue in the face. It's not going to help you in ID.

For all we know, the players with first kills on akylios are bad players, with slow learning curves, and their timespam made up for the lack of skill. We have no idea what guilds spent the least total time on the fight's learning curve because players get to choose how long they beat their heads against content in this game, unlike in FFXI where there's a time lock.

You can teach anyone to fight akylios. It's just a matter of time. You all like to think of it as skill so much, and it's mostly just...not. Practice is all it is.

Hi everyone,

We already have an ongoing discussion about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion thread here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ri-anyone.html

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the thread linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3