+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Raidrifts Dead, whats news parser online ?

Shadowlander

Default Raidrifts Dead, whats news parser online ?

Hey,

Raidrift parser online is dead, you have other parser online ?

thx

apparently there were 10 or so people who said they were working on one in some form or another... but none of them communicated or joined forces so now who knows...

all of them probably stopped and said "i'll just let someone else do it"

Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    riftlogs.net will work, but i find the extremely bad user interface too much to deal with

everything is sorted alphabetically instead of highest -> lowest numbers

percentages are not shown for anything, not even crit rate

there are no line graphs representing the time flow of the fight

there are no DPS breakdowns for individuals, only "damage done" breakdown which doesn't tell anything

overall its got some nice features, but is way too limited and obfuscated. i'm keeping my eye on this though for any updates

ill laugh if that site actually takes off with popularity.

so poorly designed

Quote Originally Posted by LockedOn666 View Post
    ill laugh if that site actually takes off with popularity.

so poorly designed

Or, we could, as a community, assist the developer with feature, functionality, and accuracy requests/ideas to make it more user friendly and robust.

Just a thought.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Shadowlander

everything is sorted alphabetically instead of highest -> lowest numbers
    >> Clicking any table headers will sort that table.

there are no line graphs representing the time flow of the fight
    >> Correct, but I can work on that. There is a ability flow of fight per user.

percentages are not shown for anything, not even crit rate
    >> This is easy, I was not asked for percents, just number of crits vs non-crits per player. And that is already there.

there are no DPS breakdowns for individuals, only "damage done" breakdown which doesn't tell anything
    >> You missed it. On the fight page, click Advanced at the top and you can de-select or select players DPS on the line graph to compare.

overall its got some nice features, but is way too limited and obfuscated. i'm keeping my eye on this though for any updates
    >> I try and add features as they are asked for, but I work 7 to 6 mon-fri.

If I am reading anything wrong in what your looking for please let me know.

And sorry about the interface, I was looking for an easy on the eyes font for reading large amounts of information. If it were just for me, It would be an SQL command line.
    Author of the click healing solution: Clicks! - Old
    Online Combat Log Parsing: RiftLogs.net - Old

Or, we could, as a community, assist the developer with feature, functionality, and accuracy requests/ideas to make it more user friendly and robust.

Just a thought.
    right behind you.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LockedOn666 View Post
    so poorly designed
    Please tell me which part you feel is so poorly designed. The interface, code, database, output formats, browser compatibility, amount of information you can currently access?

I'm up for any suggestions on making it how the majority of people want. Draw me up some ideas and I'll do my best to give what your looking for.

Telaran

Some quick things from my side:

- reduce header size to maybe 1/4 of what it is now
    - reduce font size (100% -> 75%) although this can be done by people in their browser
    - you could tab by category instead of a long scrolldown (am thinking of something along JQuery Tabs): Encounter Info, Players, Pets, NPC, Graphs (just giving an example)
    - clicking player name will make a js popup with info from lower part of the website (damage breakdown etc).

You have every information possible there, it just need to be easier to access and main priority put on DPS/HPS meter (with both numbers and %) with clickable players -> ability breakdown + buffs and buff durations.

Also it would be nice to have a side-by-side comparison of 2 players. Select them and click compare much like you do on computer hardware shopping site. They will have essentially whatever info you normally get by clicking them, but side by side.

Personally I find graphs of less importance, so they should reside somewhere hidden in a graph section

Also ignore the trolls and keep up the good work
    Last edited by PapaDoom; 03-05-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Ascendant

I'd like to request buff/debuff uptime tracking, unless I missed it somewhere in there.

I would like to second the buff / uptime tracking.

Thank you for the site and the replies in this thread. Some of the comments would have made me see red if I was you.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddBomber83 View Post
    I would like to second the buff / uptime tracking.

Thank you for the site and the replies in this thread. Some of the comments would have made me see red if I was you.
    +1 to this.

The site is an excellent start. The UI leaves a lot to be desired though. Lots of information shown there that doesn't need to be default shown. Would really like the ability to break down an individual actor.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Shadowlander

Thanks for the suggestions I'll check out moving the per player stuff into the current per player popup and merge them so clicking a name will popup with all of that information.

I've been working on the Live! portion lately but I did make a little test case, http://new.riftlogs.net which has a jQuery drop down menu that I plan to populate with dynamic data like: Player Name -> DPS -> Ability pages, and so on. Maybe a lighter theme, smaller font, It would be easier to navigate.

The test site does not actually process anything right now, I'm just playing around, if you like the idea let me know.

I am looking into buff/debuff tracking. It would mean taking a lot more of the data in, as I currently do not process buff/debuff events.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaDoom View Post
    Some quick things from my side:

- reduce header size to maybe 1/4 of what it is now
    - reduce font size (100% -> 75%) although this can be done by people in their browser
    - you could tab by category instead of a long scrolldown (am thinking of something along JQuery Tabs): Encounter Info, Players, Pets, NPC, Graphs (just giving an example)
    - clicking player name will make a js popup with info from lower part of the website (damage breakdown etc).

You have every information possible there, it just need to be easier to access and main priority put on DPS/HPS meter (with both numbers and %) with clickable players -> ability breakdown + buffs and buff durations.

Also it would be nice to have a side-by-side comparison of 2 players. Select them and click compare much like you do on computer hardware shopping site. They will have essentially whatever info you normally get by clicking them, but side by side.

Personally I find graphs of less importance, so they should reside somewhere hidden in a graph section

Also ignore the trolls and keep up the good work

Shadowlander

Hello,

I used a long time: http://www.worldoflogs.com/ interface is very simple and very practical. the first one I quoted above has happened over at least that!

If you could rapporcher of cettte interface, I think many people will be happy.

Sorry, I use a translator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast