+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not sure what i should be doing?

Soulwalker

Default Not sure what i should be doing?

Hey all, I just came back from quite a hiatus and I tried queueing for a dungeon as a tank, and after 30 minutes I gave up. I am on wolfsbane, and I dunno what else I should be doing. I am not geared enough to do random experts, only random normals. Not really sure how else I am supposed to get gear, nor do I even know what I should be doing in game atm. Anyone able to lend a hand and direct me to what I should be doing?

That is a very broad question.
    You gave up while in Queue?
    You gave up while in the dungeon?
    What is your class?
    What is your spec?
    Are you in a guild?
    What server are you on?
    What is it that YOU want to do?
    What are you looking for help with specifically?
    -roles?
    -abilities?
    -user interface?
    -strategy?
    etc. etc. etc.

This is only a very short list of things you could be looking for / wanting help with.

Please be more specific...

Soulwalker

After 30 minutes in the queue as a TANK I decided to logoff. I am a warrior(Reaver/Paladin/Warlord). I am in a guild, on WOLFSBANE. I want to PVE.

I am trying to figure out why queue times are so outrageous as a tank, and what I should be doing while waiting 25 years in queue.

Soulwalker

Buy some crafted gear to get you to the toughness requirement for experts- queues are shorter than the normal randoms, unless you get lucky with people grinding Rep.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by thefatness688 View Post
    Hey all, I just came back from quite a hiatus and I tried queueing for a dungeon as a tank, and after 30 minutes I gave up. I am on wolfsbane, and I dunno what else I should be doing. I am not geared enough to do random experts, only random normals. Not really sure how else I am supposed to get gear, nor do I even know what I should be doing in game atm. Anyone able to lend a hand and direct me to what I should be doing?
    What level?

At max level you should Q quite fast as a tank.

At lower levels just level in WoW good luck seeing a Q pop in your life time.

Sadly dungeons are cool level but most don't wasye their time doing them.

I never step foot in a 5 man until 50.

Some I've not even seen now after almost a year:P

All thou I've seen CR about a million times. It seems to be the only random 5 man in Rift

Plane Walker

Theres actually a lot open to you. If youve just come back and havent done it already, Id suggest doing the Chronicle of Attunment. That gives a couple of peices of gear, some exp and some breadcrumbs for looking for stuff to do.

Gearwise you have options. Chronicles are lvl 50 entry level gear so they might be a good option and you might be able to solo them as a tank (though they may take a while to complete). If you can get someone to do them with they are quite quick to do. Alternatively there are several good crafted peices of gear you can either buy or collect the materials for. Finally there are quite a number of good gear peices that can be obtained using planar currency earned from rifts, zone events or Instant Adventure.

You have plenty of options open to you. Again Id suggest you start with the Chronicle of Attunment. If nothing else you get 2 levels of PA out of it the first time so its well worth doing.

Edit: Of course there are also dungeons. Its worth quing though as tank and dps. I actually found that my que times were faster queing in dps and support roles in addition to healing in my case. I imagine it would be similar for a tank.
    Last edited by Lutinz; 03-16-2012 at 06:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread