+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Please nerf Shadow of Aedraxis Boss

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara Nnnxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,303

    Default Please nerf Shadow of Aedraxis Boss

    He has 2.2m million HP and a ground aoe which has knockback and does 1k damage per second which is more than Akylios!!!!

    He also spawns adds every 20s or so. Too imbalanced! I cannot beat his knockback! Please trivialize the damage of the ground aoe skill and make it stun only.

    Also reduce his hp to 220,000 and reduce his hit/focus requirement to 0. Thank you!

    signed,
    a privileged raider

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    He has 2.2m million HP and a ground aoe which has knockback and does 1k damage per second which is more than Akylios!!!!

    He also spawns adds every 20s or so. Too imbalanced! I cannot beat his knockback! Please trivialize the damage of the ground aoe skill and make it stun only.

    Also reduce his hp to 220,000 and reduce his hit/focus requirement to 0. Thank you!

    signed,
    a privileged raider
    I hope this is a troll.....

    Its a basic Tank & Spank boss, 2 healers kept our whole raid up no problem. The adds are 1-hits and i was running PvP gear so only about 50 focus. No misses.....

    Yeah... definately a Troll

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Nnnxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    I hope this is a troll.....

    Its a basic Tank & Spank boss, 2 healers kept our whole raid up no problem. The adds are 1-hits and i was running PvP gear so only about 50 focus. No misses.....

    Yeah... definately a Troll
    Its too hard! I cannot do it, i just want to complete the quest! waaaa waaaa waaaaaaa~

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Its too hard! I cannot do it, i just want to complete the quest! waaaa waaaa waaaaaaa~
    Way too hard, he should be like those nice bosses in Chronicles. I can kill them just fine. Why does he have to be so difficult.

    Also nerf Ochrin, I'm tired of having to move out of the red circles.
    RNG is everything

    7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

  5. #5
    Banned overbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    I hope this is a troll.....

    Its a basic Tank & Spank boss, 2 healers kept our whole raid up no problem. The adds are 1-hits and i was running PvP gear so only about 50 focus. No misses.....

    Yeah... definately a Troll
    Not a troll. The op is right. look at the loot you get for the quest. It is completely disproportionate to the difficulty of the encounter. I can get more tickets in less time by doing simple quests in the home city

  6. #6
    Ascendant JimboTCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    Not a troll. The op is right. look at the loot you get for the quest. It is completely disproportionate to the difficulty of the encounter. I can get more tickets in less time by doing simple quests in the home city
    Yeah... especially considering he's an open world boss that random unorganised people turn up to spank for a daily quest, he's a bit ridiculous. I jumped into a pub group wondering what the deal was with him and he took ages to get down, and after all that it was barely worth the effort. If he actually gave you a decent number of tickets compared to the effort, it might be worthwhile, but as it is... forget about it.

  7. #7
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    557

    Default

    I could actually see this guy kind of sucking. When I did the quest for him I was the only defiant in the rift, if I had been less geared and unable to heal myself (like a new 50) I don't think he would have been so easy. While I'm sure Nnnxia is awesome enough to solo Aedraxis some more casual people might actually have issues. I might try this later on less geared mage later just for the comparison and report back on the challenge of the encounter.
    RNG is everything

    7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

  8. #8
    Banned overbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Yeah... especially considering he's an open world boss that random unorganised people turn up to spank for a daily quest, he's a bit ridiculous. I jumped into a pub group wondering what the deal was with him and he took ages to get down, and after all that it was barely worth the effort. If he actually gave you a decent number of tickets compared to the effort, it might be worthwhile, but as it is... forget about it.
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's fun to have a challenging world boss out there, but the reward isn't there. I did it on my two level 50's, thought it was neat, and won't do it again. Not worth the time.

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara Valavus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Honestly, the guard Zerg was the hardest mechanic I noticed XD
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

  10. #10
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Should have had 30-40 ticket reward, maybe even 50. 10 is woefully small.

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    I loved this encounter. Had a 5 man with 1 tank 1 healer.. total pug, then a 6th joined later, had an absolute blast with this fight! Seriously.

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    I loved this encounter. Had a 5 man with 1 tank 1 healer.. total pug, then a 6th joined later, had an absolute blast with this fight! Seriously.
    I could see doing this with 2-3 decently geared people. Not worth the effort though
    RNG is everything

    7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

  13. #13
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    It's soloable with all classes in crap gear. Just requires a lot of kiting and will probably hand you a few soul walks on the way. Takes forever, and yes it's only fun once doing that.

    I don't mind the event, so what if you get killed a few times, so what if there is no co-ordination with the PG you are in. It's just a fun encounter that goes hectic for a while. Don't like it? Don't do it, but don't nerf it.
    What's a few soul walks and a half an hour of mayhem anyway?


    But please, GIVE ANOTHER HAND IN NPC.

    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    3 of us from eXile kited the boss all the way to meridian. Took almost half an hour lol! Was amusing to see defiants rush to the gates
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

  15. #15
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    3 of us from eXile kited the boss all the way to meridian. Took almost half an hour lol! Was amusing to see defiants rush to the gates
    Hmm, I couldn't get him past Sandaxle Pit without him resetting to the rift.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 03-03-2012 at 01:29 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts