Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I let waves hit me

  1. #1
    Ascendant Soul sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,123

    Default I let waves hit me

    We did Akylios again today. I just stood in the breath for the lols. 4 second stun is nothing. The waves aren't even a mechanic to learn anymore.

    Imo the nerf should have been something more like ''Being hit by a wave of madness now mind controls your character for 10 seconds'' or something less mundane than a 4sec stun. Seriously about 10/20 of the raid just let the wave hit us whilst Akylios enraged and we still killed him without anyone dying.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Seatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,359

    Default

    I like the idea of if you get hit by a wave you get mind controlled for a few seconds, Then there would actually be "Waves of Madness" ;)
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Coming up in Hotfix #7

    * Hammerknell: Akylios: Jornaru will now warn ascended about the direction from which Tidal Waves are coming
    Last edited by Sharpshooter; 03-01-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Sharp - Moirae - Icewatch - EU
    http://moirae.guildlaunch.com
    Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!

  4. #4
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Nah. Waves are dead.

    Next up on the nerf bat list would obviously be the orbs.

    Reduced damage and eliminating the silence component, d'uh.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    We did Akylios again today. I just stood in the breath for the lols. 4 second stun is nothing. The waves aren't even a mechanic to learn anymore.

    Imo the nerf should have been something more like ''Being hit by a wave of madness now mind controls your character for 10 seconds'' or something less mundane than a 4sec stun. Seriously about 10/20 of the raid just let the wave hit us whilst Akylios enraged and we still killed him without anyone dying.
    And what does it matter to you?

    I ask this and Little Raider Boy never gives a answer other than, "well we did him on bugged mod. So you should too." Or things to that effect.

    If you are farming the content what do you care whether they nerf him to nothing? It just makes your farm night faster.

    Trion did what should have been done months ago. After the top 5 or 6 guilds killed him they should have slowly over time made the encounter not to brutal.

    When a last Boss in a Raid Tier was killing off guilds that's poor design. Yes I know Little Raider Boy thinks the whole game is only for him. But they make up 5% and I'm betting even less of Rift's pops. So without Little Raider Boy the game goes on. Without everyone else it's SWG. Which if you haven't heard is vendor food now:P

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post

    Trion did what should have been done months ago. After the top 5 or 6 guilds killed him they should have slowly over time made the encounter not to brutal.
    You may want to go over the patch notes to discover all of the nerfs to Akylios

  7. #7
    Champion LockedOn666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    561

    Default

    they need to nerf waves in p1, theyre so hard

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer tordana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    You may want to go over the patch notes to discover all of the nerfs to Akylios
    7/27/11 -- HAMMERKNELL OPENS
    9/1/11 -- First Akylios Nerf (Voice of Madness nerf)
    9/15/11 -- Enrage timer nerf
    9/21/11 -- Tidal wave nerf
    9/26/11 -- More nerfs (changes to Bore/Mind Decay/Orb)
    9/28/11 -- VOODOO FIRST KILL
    12/21/11 -- HP nerfs
    1/24/12 -- Mana pincher nerf
    2/29/12 -- Wave nerf

    Funny, looks to me like most of the nerfs were to make him killable. In the time since the first Voodoo kill all the way until this week, there were two nerfs and one of them only affected phase 1.

    Get your facts straight before you look foolish next time.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post
    7/27/11 -- HAMMERKNELL OPENS
    9/1/11 -- First Akylios Nerf (Voice of Madness nerf)
    9/15/11 -- Enrage timer nerf
    9/21/11 -- Tidal wave nerf
    9/26/11 -- More nerfs (changes to Bore/Mind Decay/Orb)
    9/28/11 -- VOODOO FIRST KILL
    12/21/11 -- HP nerfs
    1/24/12 -- Mana pincher nerf
    2/29/12 -- Wave nerf

    Funny, looks to me like most of the nerfs were to make him killable. In the time since the first Voodoo kill all the way until this week, there were two nerfs and one of them only affected phase 1.

    Get your facts straight before you look foolish next time.
    You forgot the class changes, gear changes, and planar attunement addition which resulted in nerfing all end game content including Akylios, which was probably the biggest nerf of them all.
    Last edited by Value; 03-03-2012 at 04:25 PM.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara Berzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    Peace sabdancer

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post
    7/27/11 -- HAMMERKNELL OPENS
    9/1/11 -- First Akylios Nerf (Voice of Madness nerf)
    9/15/11 -- Enrage timer nerf
    9/21/11 -- Tidal wave nerf
    9/26/11 -- More nerfs (changes to Bore/Mind Decay/Orb)
    9/28/11 -- VOODOO FIRST KILL
    12/21/11 -- HP nerfs
    1/24/12 -- Mana pincher nerf
    2/29/12 -- Wave nerf

    Funny, looks to me like most of the nerfs were to make him killable. In the time since the first Voodoo kill all the way until this week, there were two nerfs and one of them only affected phase 1.

    Get your facts straight before you look foolish next time.
    Class changes, reduction in hit/focus debuff (lets us use HP/SP banners and not rune for focus/hit), planar attunement, gear buffs. There you go, a lot more nerfs since the first kill, and a hell of a lot more if you count all the seperate class buffs.

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Everyone is forgetting the biggest Akylios buff of all: ability lag after server consolidations.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post

    Get your facts straight before you look foolish next time.
    Why are you abandoning your guild and joining Aftermath?

    /ontopic: As Value stated, there were many, many indirect nerfs to Akylios (and every other fight in the game). T1 raids got buffed to compensate. HK did not get buffed by any means and will not likely get buffed for a long, long time.

    As for some of the "nerfs" you listed, if you consider the game in general (clerics doing garbage dps, no PAs, etc.) the enrage timer change was probably necessary. Bore? lololololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXNlrAxpbo8 . I don't think I'm the one looking foolish
    Last edited by Ahov; 03-03-2012 at 05:37 PM.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser puddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Every change prior to the world first kill was a necessary FIX, not a nerf. You can't call insta-wipe bugs a normal mechanic, nor can you consider a 15 minute enrage on a fight that originally would have taken around 25 minutes to kill to be intended. Simply speaking, the fight wasn't properly tuned to be possible. Know the facts before you start calling others foolish. The irony is strong with this one.
    Last edited by puddin; 03-03-2012 at 06:17 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Hold on a second.
    I thought the voice of madness nerf occurred AFTER September and was around December.

    Or at least I thought ti was, my memory is poor

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts