+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What if the Akylios nerf is not a nerf?

Rift Disciple

Default What if the Akylios nerf is not a nerf?

So, I have been sad today, thinking about the nerf. We had him at 0.5% and wiped. So sad. Then I was thinking, what if the waves no longer knock back, but they DO do more damage. I'm not talking about 1 shotting people, just a good chunk of damage. If that happens, all the classes that now already ignore the mechanic (warrior - way of the mountin, mages - ground of strength/flicker, rogues - blink, on the double) will be affected by it. This would actually make it harder! Perhaps I am in denial, but it could happen.
    Last edited by Rowanze; 02-29-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanze View Post
    So, I have been sad today, thinking about the nerf. We had him at 0.5% and wiped. So sad. Then I was thinking, what if the waves no longer knock back, but they DO do more damage. I'm not talking about 1 shotting people, just a good chunk of damage. If that happens, all the classes that now already ignore the mechanic (warrior - way of the mountin, mages - ground of strength/flicker, rogues - blink, on the double) will be affected by it. This would actually make it harder! Perhaps I am in denial, but it could happen.
    Everyone would have to learn to run really fast like clerics already do?
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Tml

They'd be still rezzable.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tml View Post
    They'd be still rezzable.
    Agreed. But I could live with the trade off. Yes, they are rezable, in exchange, everyone needs to watch waves reguardless of class or spec.

Trion change things so that Way of the Mountain doesn't bypass a boss mechanic? Not buying it. I'd be more inclined to think that they'll toss in a hotfix to make WotM make you immune to hurt feelings and Mondays.

Wish I played a warrior to be immune to Mondays now.
    Kjalla - Aegis - Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanze View Post
    Any Mage that cheeses with GoS or uses Flicker on every wave is bad. BAD.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Hmm we hadnt tried Aky since the patch so today or tomorrow we should get to try it out.
    Being able to rez people in later stages is nice, definitly will make things overall easier even if waves do more damage.

Well, i guess trion wanted more guild competition when it came to Infernal Dawn progression eh? lol

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    Any Mage that cheeses with GoS or uses Flicker on every wave is bad. BAD.
    This is such a poor argument since GoS doesn't make you lose DPS for those 5 seconds of wave dodging as you're just doing fireballs whereas otherwise you would've just been refreshing dots early. There's some misplaced elitism thinking if you do more mechanics even if unnecessary you've somehow done a task better.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    This is such a poor argument since GoS doesn't make you lose DPS for those 5 seconds of wave dodging as you're just doing fireballs whereas otherwise you would've just been refreshing dots early. There's some misplaced elitism thinking if you do more mechanics even if unnecessary you've somehow done a task better.
    Let me rephrase then. Going 51pyro on Akylios is a waste of a raid slot.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    Let me rephrase then. Going 51pyro on Akylios is a waste of a raid slot.
    51/13/2 pyro/archon/dom does its job just fine on aky. DoTs are pretty garbage in that fight since everything dies so quickly. You do know the gap between 36/30 and 51 pyro on most bosses is <10% right and anything like grugonim that purges dots or dots fall off then it actually can come out ahead. And if you're going sc/pyro that just means there's no warrior AOE damage in the raid. There's a ton of ways to do aky, but people love to just argue with hyperbole and lack of any explanation whatsoever.

Unless this mechanic did enough damage to bring you damn near what the other splash damage can do I don't see how that would be any worse than knock back. I mean, during wave you might have a mind decay go off or cerebral bore, but bore isn't too much damage and the number of aoe healers can top the whole raid off even if waves were to take 75% of your damage. It would still be a nerf.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Hopefully the waves will one shot players who fail to dodge them.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    51/13/2 pyro/archon/dom does its job just fine on aky. DoTs are pretty garbage in that fight since everything dies so quickly. You do know the gap between 36/30 and 51 pyro on most bosses is <10% right and anything like grugonim that purges dots or dots fall off then it actually can come out ahead. And if you're going sc/pyro that just means there's no warrior AOE damage in the raid. There's a ton of ways to do aky, but people love to just argue with hyperbole and lack of any explanation whatsoever.
    We use 51 Pyro on Stingers. They simply die to fast for DoTs to be effective.

Sc/pyro the rest of the mages except the chloro. And our Sc/Pyro ihas been top DPS every kill lol.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    We use 51 Pyro on Stingers. They simply die to fast for DoTs to be effective.

Sc/pyro the rest of the mages except the chloro. And our Sc/Pyro ihas been top DPS every kill lol.
    That's probably DPS for the encounter? That can be any class top DPS as it depends on who you use for AOE. I'm just saying when there isn't at least Jorn/Akylios stacked on each other sc/pyro dps is not impressive on ST.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast