+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: trion are u kidding me?

Default trion are u kidding me?

nice job with the new fixes -.-...now Akylios is even easier than Molinar...thinking that we worked so hard for those waves makes me pissed off. I expected an Aky nerf but not so early and so far from the new raid

In all honesty they still need to bring it down a little more, i still can't quite solo it.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

If they wanted to make this fight more accessible and doable for a larger number of guilds, why not just remove the necessity of water resistance?
    The waves are quite easy once everyone has seen them a few times, as long as your raiders don't have porridge for brains.

Ofc I haven't done Aky since this update and have never been hit by the waves, so for all I know, the waves could take off about 50% of a raiders health. Which would be better imo; remove the 'hit and you're out for the count' element, while keeping the 'you can't really afford to be hit' element.
    <Last Dawn> Cleric Tank
    Ex <New Chapter> GM/Raid Leader

5/8 ID - Laethys P2
    11/11 HK (Conq.) - 4/4 RotP (Shard First Conq.)
    Cleric Tanking Summed Up In 3 Seconds

i don't care...

we chainkill aky since november... i have no problem if they nerf him now. its still a great fight an more players should be able to see it. in about 2 month or so no one cares for HK at all ;P
    Frostbringer Raid
    ID 5/8
    R40 Rogue Brutwacht EU

Well at least you can hold onto that ribbon for participation. No one can take that away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakyo View Post
    i don't care...

we chainkill aky since november... i have no problem if they nerf him now. its still a great fight an more players should be able to see it. in about 2 month or so no one cares for HK at all ;P

But the point is that this hasn't enabled more people to see the fight, since it only applies to guilds who have reached P4.
    All this does is take the specialness away from killing Akylios, and does not impact the ability to take part in the fight itself.

Now the fight has gone from being a gear and competence check, to simply a gear check.
    Rather appropriately keeping in theme with the Carnival of the Ascended, he has become the Akylios Piņata.
    <Last Dawn> Cleric Tank

5/8 ID - Laethys P2

Tml

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Thean View Post
    But the point is that this hasn't enabled more people to see the fight, since it only applies to guilds who have reached P4.
    All this does is take the specialness away from killing Akylios, and does not impact the ability to take part in the fight itself.

Now the fight has gone from being a gear and competence check, to simply a gear check.
    Rather appropriately keeping in theme with the Carnival of the Ascended, he has become the Akylios Piņata.
    one point more i don't understand the complains ;P
    it is still a challenge and you'll need to learn p1-3. only p4 loses its "You'r out" component.
    Frostbringer Raid
    ID 5/8
    R40 Rogue Brutwacht EU

it is still a challenge and you'll need to learn p1-3. only p4 loses its "You'r out" component.
    As I posted earlier, it has not only lost its 'You're out' component (which I agree is ultimately a good thing), but it has lost the only mechanic that made the fight even remotely difficult.

As the raid leader of a guild that kills Akylios as easily as we kill Murdantix, these changes do not affect me either. But that doesn't change the fact that I disagree that the boss should become a joke just because a new raid is lurking 'round the corner.
    <Last Dawn> Cleric Tank

5/8 ID - Laethys P2

do u have fun doing Ros or Gsb? i don't...and hk has just become like them...btw what are u still doing in Rift if u have hk on farm since November? ...i would kill myself for the boredom

Your mistake was thinking that killing a video game boss was a serious accomplishment in the first place.

Get over it, this happens in every MMO. It's part of the lifecycle of instance content. In 6 weeks I look forward to the QQing about how broken/OP the new content is.
    Last edited by Gumdrop; 02-29-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrop View Post
    Your mistake was thinking that killing a video game boss was a serious accomplishment in the first place.

Get over it, this happens in every MMO. It's part of the lifecycle of instance content. In 6 weeks I look forward to the QQing about how broken/OP the new content is.
    QQing over broken mechanics is valid, l look forward to figuring out the tactics for new raid.

l guess trion just wants more guilds to be part of the opening of the new raid, l remember only having one raiding guild qualified to stick their foot in the door of HK when it was released and it was weeks before any other guild could do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Panda View Post
    QQing over broken mechanics is valid, l look forward to figuring out the tactics for new raid.

l guess trion just wants more guilds to be part of the opening of the new raid, l remember only having one raiding guild qualified to stick their foot in the door of HK when it was released and it was weeks before any other guild could do the same.
    Because everyone knows you can't enter ID until you've killed Akylios...
    <Last Dawn> Cleric Tank

5/8 ID - Laethys P2

As much as I dislike the nerf... it really does make me wonder. How well will any guild that were unable to nail down a simple mechanic like waves have ANY hope of doing anything in ID? I'm gonna go ahead and say none.

My only worry with this is, they will be the ones QQing that the ID bosses are too hard or broken so they can't kill them and Trion will buckle again to the bads, driving the real progress guilds elsewhere.

HK Conquerer tonight... we might even 10 man it.

Plane Touched

at least everyone should be in relics now for ID, i'm just thankful my guild killed akylios before this nerf. the voice of madness nerf only gave guilds more dps meaning you didn't need the full 20mins to kill it, this nerf eliminates the main do or die mechanic of the fight, namely wave avoidance, the waves should take 70% of the players HP pool personally, will make people learn to dodge them still.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast