+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Changes to Akylios 1.7 Hotfix #6

shp
    Champion

Default Changes to Akylios 1.7 Hotfix #6

* Hammerknell: Akylios: Tidal waves during the later phases of the encounter no longer knock players back.
    * Hammerknell: Akylios: Added on-screen text warnings to Akylios' breath attacks.
    * Hammerknell: Akylios: The damage over time component of Mind Decay now ticks half as quickly as it previosly did.
    * Hammerknell: Inwar Darktide: Dead Water is now a Curse, and cleansable by abilities that remove Curses.

Well, it's easy mode now. Pretty much understandable with Infernal Dawn around the corner. pr0s will complain, noobies will be happy, but I think everyone knew nerf will be coming soon... Expect a flood of 11/11 guilds.
    Last edited by shp; 02-28-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Rift Disciple

General Silgen is the hardest boss on RIFT hands down.

Telaran

Lol they closed the original thread guess they do not like to hear how much there idea blows.....

Ei event bosses are now more difficult than Akylios.

Whatchu know bout DerPS?

Can we have sicaron contracts on Akylios that last forever?

Rift Master

I hope they remove the imps from Zilas, them is hard.. all healin' n shiz..

WTB ezer relix plz.

Trion???? You should be nerfing conent when the next raid tier instance is released, not before!

I am more than a touch disappointed by this.

Screw being dissapointed, if Trion really wanted to make HK easier with out nerfing the bosses...

WHY THE EFF CANT THEY NERF THE TRASH?

Imo they should have added waves to every boss in the instance, not removed them.
    Nope.

As a guild who got their **** together and has been clearing content at rapid pace, got to akylios 2 weeks before, we were working on p3 and p4, all i can say to this nerf is, i'd rather spend 2 months wiping on Akylios then clear him now, who cares about ID, 10/11 guilds can do ID, Akylios relics are not the most craziest stat upgrades.
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

DAMNIT!! i wanted a pre/post nerf aky kill. After this first hit/focus nerf it wasnt as much of a nerf. but now...

argh! finally getting our aky kill will fee so empty, we were progressing so fast towards phase 4 too! not even a month yet and learning phase 3. Im veddy veddy sad, but i guess it was inevitable. Still, i am sad our victory will be less satisfying...

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    DAMNIT!! i wanted a pre/post nerf aky kill. After this first hit/focus nerf it wasnt as much of a nerf. but now...

argh! finally getting our aky kill will fee so empty, we were progressing so fast towards phase 4 too! not even a month yet and learning phase 3. Im veddy veddy sad, but i guess it was inevitable. Still, i am sad our victory will be less satisfying...
    It's frustrating, but they have to make the cutoff somewhere.
    This update is going to help you catch up to the significant player demographic who is looking for challenge, so you can be included in the next wave instead of looking at it from a place that gets no love any more, stuck on phase 4 aky.

Believe me, the only thing phase 3 and 4 Aky teach you is how to be good at phase 3 and 4 aky.

You'll have more total fun being a part of the ID push than spending your final weeks beating face against akylios as everyone else posts about how awesome they are.

ID needs more players. Period. Get up here.
    Last edited by PFalcon; 02-28-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    It's frustrating, but they have to make the cutoff somewhere.
    This update is going to help you catch up to the significant player demographic who is looking for challenge, so you can be included in the next wave instead of looking at it from a place that gets no love any more, stuck on phase 4 aky.

Believe me, the only thing phase 3 and 4 Aky teach you is how to be good at phase 3 and 4 aky.

You'll have more total fun being a part of the ID push than spending your final weeks beating face against akylios as everyone else posts about how awesome they are.

ID needs more players. Period. Get up here.
    heh, i appreciate the encouragement, i just feel like our efforts to get here are... less than admirable now.
    but yay, they had to nerf it someday, i just wish it wasnt now

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    heh, i appreciate the encouragement, i just feel like our efforts to get here are... less than admirable now.
    but yay, they had to nerf it someday, i just wish it wasnt now
    I dunno, no one's guaranteeing you a win this week >.>
    If waves kill players, wave unnerfing will not affect speed of kills at all. Teams will run out of braises and wipe.
    Learning breath direction is...one week of delay.
    Ticks of what is the third nerf...mind decay? Maybe a week saved there.

Overall 2 weeks of learning curve might be saved with this patch. Maybe 3.

That's fine. You still can't ignore waves, mind decay, or the breath. You still have to act.

Plus, everyone was going to rate your akylios 1 star as it is. They can't rate your kill 2 weeks from now worse than that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast