+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beruhast bug

Plane Touched

Default Beruhast bug

I've reported it and it's been "fixed" twice but hasn't been touched in awhile and needs attention.

There STILL are places along the wall that people jump up and avoid getting hit by his ground fire. Please make it so you can't exploit a fight to get some of the BIS loot in the game. I realize Silgen keeps lots of groups away from the easy High Priest kill but exploits are exploits and shouldn't be giving people gear.

exploit?

sounds like a strategy to me, just what it think, though.

havent ran rotp in half dozen weeks so doesnt bother me much

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by LockedOn666 View Post
    exploit?

Yeh, and they added the static fires just for decoration?
    Originally you could have argued it was a strategy, since the attempted fix it's a blatant exploit.
    Last edited by Lepple; 02-28-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Banned

exploit?

First is was the grassy knoll, then the corner, then the rocks, and now the wall. Pretty soon they are going to have to put the guy in a blank cube just to avoid the people exploiting ways to stay off the ground or out of the fire.

While they are fixing him maybe they should make the golums have a ranged ability that snares their aggro target to avoid just kiting them around in a circle. Not like these guys are hard regularly, but one runner/dps and 9 DPS is a lot easier than dealing with mechanics.

Plus give Erandorn an AOE blast that hits a random target plus anyone around them for 2K + 2k for any other target that is within 2m of you. So you want 8 of you to stack on his butt? Have fun eating 16K of damage on everyone.

The only reason Silgen is a blocker to a lot of groups is because there is no "Stand here and win" strategy, you actually have to do the fight.

Or you could just have a ton of dps and burn through all the timer activated phases and have no mechanics but inferno lash and fires on the ground.

Which, is pretty easy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    While they are fixing him maybe they should make the golums have a ranged ability that snares their aggro target to avoid just kiting them around in a circle. Not like these guys are hard regularly, but one runner/dps and 9 DPS is a lot easier than dealing with mechanics.
    I disagree. The golems go down alot faster if you have a competent group that just tanks them, has one purge and has the person purging healed up.

It takes a lot longer when you have idiots in the group cleaning when somebody has already been designated to cleanse or when your casters take 2-3 seconds to move out of the AOE and let them get alot of stacks.

Kiting can be a 5-6 minute affair.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    I disagree. The golems go down alot faster if you have a competent group that just tanks them, has one purge and has the person purging healed up.

It takes a lot longer when you have idiots in the group cleaning when somebody has already been designated to cleanse or when your casters take 2-3 seconds to move out of the AOE and let them get alot of stacks.

Kiting can be a 5-6 minute affair.
    I don't know what kinda DPS you are doing that 10 DPSers DSP slower than 1 tank 1 healer 1 purger and 7 DPSers.

Usually we have the second guy down before the loot rolls finish from the first guy because the people who aren't eligible for the roll DPS the second guy, as soon as one drops the runner goes and grabs the next guy and drags him back to run in a circle around the DPS. The AOE is the same if you kite him or not.

Maybe you meant kiting all three can sometimes take up to 5 minutes? That makes much more sense.
    Last edited by Traciatim; 02-28-2012 at 12:17 PM.

exploit?

And kiting general was a strat too I hear.

Lol@golems.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

I don't know what kinda DPS you are doing that 10 DPSers DSP slower than 1 tank 1 healer 1 purger and 7 DPSers.

Usually we have the second guy down before the loot rolls finish from the first guy because the people who aren't eligible for the roll DPS the second guy, as soon as one drops the runner goes and grabs the next guy and drags him back to run in a circle around the DPS. The AOE is the same if you kite him or not.

Maybe you meant kiting all three can sometimes take up to 5 minutes? That makes much more sense.
    Kiting is an anti-melee strategy. It depends on your group makeup, but honestly if you're resorting to having tank+heals switch to DPS and one rogue kiting, you are terrible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Kiting is an anti-melee strategy. It depends on your group makeup, but honestly if you're resorting to having tank+heals switch to DPS and one rogue kiting, you are terrible.
    It's just a lot faster that way. It's the same as all stacking on the first guy rather than spreading out, and the same as as standing on the wall for the second guy. It's an easy fast win every time. People don't even want to do it the real way because it either takes too long or they don't want to explain it to the new guy.

It's the same as why groups kite plutonis around the outside of his pen. It trivializes the fight and makes it just a DPS race.

Plus, not everyone is HK relics like Maximation, or gets handed the strats by the devs on new content to go for world firsts.
    Last edited by Traciatim; 02-28-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Ascendant

It's just a lot faster that way. It's the same as all stacking on the first guy rather than spreading out, and the same as as standing on the wall for the second guy. It's an easy fast win every time. People don't even want to do it the real way because it either takes too long or they don't want to explain it to the new guy.

It's the same as why groups kite plutonis around the outside of his pen. It trivializes the fight and makes it just a DPS race.
    Exploits are exploits.

I am 100% certain any encounter that can be completed by pure kiting, and removal of all important mechanics, is unintended.

Moving Plutonus outside is just lol...

I know why people do it; they are too bad to do it otherwise. I reckon only a small portion of current players in the game understand how Plutonus is supposed to work.

edit: Proud to say we don't move Murdantix up the stairs, just near the point of resetting.
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-28-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Wait... so you're suggesting they make the encounters more difficult and yet you're bragging about how you kite them?
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    Wait... so you're suggesting they make the encounters more difficult and yet you're bragging about how you kite them?
    I'm not bragging. I'm complaining that they are kite-able which remove their whole purpose. Why even bother designing the fight to have mechanics if a vast majority of people don't have to do them.

I don't think I've been in a group in weeks that just don't have 1 absorber and everyone stacks on the first guy. I'm not sure I've ever been in a group that's done the second guy the right way.

BTW, I mostly PUG them since the only guild I've found that raids when I can is only now getting in to the harder content. When I joined they were just a new leveling guild and now are just getting a few more geared to get in to this content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov
    edit: Proud to say we don't move Murdantix up the stairs, just near the point of resetting.
    I was in a group that was just doing a Murdandix run before reset and i was really confused as to what was going on. They kept saying that the ads were not tankable and to just 'heal through it'. It wasn't until someone just switched to a tank spec on their own that we beat it. It was terrible, like most PUG groups. I have no idea why you would have to glitch this fight.

I was in a group that was just doing a Murdandix run before reset and i was really confused as to what was going on. They kept saying that the ads were not tankable and to just 'heal through it'. It wasn't until someone just switched to a tank spec on their own that we beat it. It was terrible, like most PUG groups. I have no idea why you would have to glitch this fight.
    And I think this fits in nicely to the akylios nerf. I did a ROS pug on my alt and wow was herald going hard. The raid leaders literally had no concept of how the mechanics worked. They kept telling everyone to fully aoe dps the adds and kept getting pissed at the healers when the raid died to aoe after killing 2 defilers at the same time and when the herald tank died from getting debuffed.

They need to find a better line between making mechanics more forgivable and making them ignorable if they want to open up content to lower geared people.
    Last edited by Sebb; 02-29-2012 at 06:44 AM.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Exploits are exploits.

I am 100% certain any encounter that can be completed by pure kiting, and removal of all important mechanics, is unintended.

Moving Plutonus outside is just lol...

I know why people do it; they are too bad to do it otherwise. I reckon only a small portion of current players in the game understand how Plutonus is supposed to work.

You may have exploited chronicle spawns to grind PA.
    Or use PA grinding loops.
    Did you stack crushing runeshards?

I'm sure you've done a lot in the game that was unintended.

And I bet somehow all those things are different in your head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast