+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ParaBellum@Bloodiron Perfect Akylios!

Everyone had the chance to apply for the ID testing only real req was 11/11HK. I don't see a post Parabellum applied for it. So stop the whine.

Seeing how Hammerknell took 2 mouths to clear.
    It's not like bosses are facerolls. And seeing how strats and videos was published u still didn't get it until 4 mouths after first kill. Testing does not make or break getting fast progress. U get the hag off a mechanic that take 15min for a none brain dead person to figure out.
    Don't think guilds just get to run around training on bosses. Like most plp said already they are lab rats testing mechanics and setting dps and dmg standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Akerling View Post
    Everyone had the chance to apply for the ID testing only real req was 11/11HK. I don't see a post Parabellum applied for it. So stop the whine.

Seeing how Hammerknell took 2 mouths to clear.
    It's not like bosses are facerolls. And seeing how strats and videos was published u still didn't get it until 4 mouths after first kill. Testing does not make or break getting fast progress. U get the hag off a mechanic that take 15min for a none brain dead person to figure out.
    Don't think guilds just get to run around training on bosses. Like most plp said already they are lab rats testing mechanics and setting dps and dmg standards.
    Cant remember going at a boss with strats out tbh, nevertheless being lab rat does give some more fun by being on your own terms in a fight exploring stuff.
    oh and: uhm
    And you can't deny the slight advantage.

I'm not saying your bad, I'm just saying if you have the chance grab it, if you don't grab it, don't try to hog it.
    Last edited by Highland; 03-01-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

. Testing does not make or break getting fast progress
    Ive been reading this with all my might, Its been keeping me up as well!Damn sleepless nights.

The only conculsion I can come to is that.. Your a Doughnut

Hows does testing NOT help you with understanding mechanics and getting better progression, even my unborn, distant child in the future, could tell that you are an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Highland View Post
    it's true that EU guilds get less likely invited for beta testing purely based on timezones,
    Huh, The devs told us they Prefer EU testers because then they can do the testing during normal work hours instead of in the late evenings.

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    Huh, The devs told us they Prefer EU testers because then they can do the testing during normal work hours instead of in the late evenings.
    It's true. It makes total sense, simply because they have to stay after-hours to test with US guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurma View Post
    Ive been reading this with all my might, Its been keeping me up as well!Damn sleepless nights.

The only conculsion I can come to is that.. Your a Doughnut

Hows does testing NOT help you with understanding mechanics and getting better progression, even my unborn, distant child in the future, could tell that you are an idiot!
    Just because guilds are testing boss fights, does not mean those boss fights with their existing mechanics ever make it to live.

So you could *think* you know the fight when it comes to live, but in reality just be pissing in the wind with your attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    Just because guilds are testing boss fights, does not mean those boss fights with their existing mechanics ever make it to live.

So you could *think* you know the fight when it comes to live, but in reality just be pissing in the wind with your attempts.
    Agreed - but they will not strip down all the mechanics of a boss once it's been tested and 'signed off' just to confuse people . I have no doubt that certain mechanics within ID will be taken out but not an entire tested fight. The board/devs/ team etc did not wake up and add random tactics ... It's been a long drawn out process hence the testing of those very mechanics now. Again OFC testing helps with a guilds progression, even if it is a single boss - ive known guilds to wipe on merdantix for ages !

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostl1ke View Post
    P.S. Does your tester NDA even allow you to mention that you are learn.... testing the instance? Just curious...
    it's not like its hard to /who infernal dawn on ptr during specific hours. it was the same during HK, all guilds tested where mapped out by players. (even when our guild name was still Nox on ptr, we got found out anyway)

eventhough it is even more obvious when you look at the fact that certain guilds have people in T3 raid gear on PTR.
    Last edited by TyrLith; 03-02-2012 at 03:15 AM.

Guilds that are testing content have clear picture of how encounters are supposed to work and what you need to do on them.
    The whole point of testing is to see that an encounter is correctly tuned towards a certain level of skill/gear and that whole intended mechanics are working properly and not exploitable.
    There is totally no point to change the encounter at release by adding/removing mechanics because that would eliminate the point of testing.
    One of the only ways to somehow preserve the element of surprise is to divide testing of different phases/mechanics of the same encounter between several testing teams and hope they don't share
    Sharp - Moirae - Icewatch - EU
    http://moirae.guildlaunch.com
    Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!

Quote Originally Posted by TyrLith View Post
    it's not like its hard to /who infernal dawn on ptr during specific hours. it was the same during HK, all guilds tested where mapped out by players. (even when our guild name was still Nox on ptr, we got found out anyway)

eventhough it is even more obvious when you look at the fact that certain guilds have people in T3 raid gear on PTR.
    Gotcha, thanks for the tip.
    Officer of Envy
    ex-Officer of ParaBellum: world 2nd in chocolate Rift

Have a Biscuit

You can all cry about how disadvantaged you are next month after Infernal Dawn comes out and the World Firsts get taken by "Players who have already done them a zillion times on the PTS"

Im going to Continue playing the game for self enjoyment....

Anyways Gratz on Perfect Akylios Pre-nerf !!
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Rift Chaser

Hey guys, fix your sig! You're 10th!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4