+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turning a Party frame into a raid?

Rift Disciple

Default Turning a Party frame into a raid?

As a DPS character, I've never lead a 5-man dungeon, but often, I'll see someone (usually the healer) ask to change the frames, and then the frames change to party frames with the notice "Your group is now a raid group" (or something like that).

I'm starting to make a tank, where something like that matters more. How do I change the group from party to raid?

Plane Touched

Hit Y, convert to raid.

Conversely, you could tell people that can make it a personal setting for party to show up as raid frames.

Its in settings under display or misc settings

I've never been to a party with 5 people, just saying
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Eka1 View Post
    As a DPS character, I've never lead a 5-man dungeon, but often, I'll see someone (usually the healer) ask to change the frames, and then the frames change to party frames with the notice "Your group is now a raid group" (or something like that).

I'm starting to make a tank, where something like that matters more. How do I change the group from party to raid?
    /raid_create also works. I've got my settings such that I always see parties that way, but a tank should probably have that macro'd since it's often asked for. It's just easier than always telling people they can do it themselves.

Qseyu: Rogue Rank 8--er--40 ... Jhiqi: Mage Level 50
    [4/4 GP 4/4 DH 5/5 GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 ROTP 3/11 HK]
    Firebrand <High On Fire>

<High On Fire> is recruiting for our raid team. Visit us to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    Conversely, you could tell people that can make it a personal setting for party to show up as raid frames.

Its in settings under display or misc settings
    It's still easier to have it set as a raid, in particular if you have all your macros set up to announce cooldowns etc. in raid channel. There's absolutely no downside to converting to raid, and it's more convenient, so it should be an automatic action for whoever's the lead.

+ Reply to Thread