+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rift Raid bosses health increase (ninja patched)

Default Rift Raid bosses health increase (ninja patched)

Its not in the notes anywhere.. but confirming reports of seeing increase of bosses health. youtube videos of Johlen(GSB) and rift.zam reports health 2.1-2.2 million health..http://rift.zam.com/en/npc/556271046/Infiltrator-Johlen Johlen currently in game is 3.1 million. Herald Goratch in RoS reports 3.17 million health in Rift.zam youyube video http://rift.zam.com/en/npc/738027667/Herald-Gaurath but in game currently is 4.3 million. Plutonus old screen shot shows 5.7 million http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/a...-08_194022.jpg, in game currently 6.6 million

If need be can document more, but seems all bosses have increases since recent patch and no notes. I know since 1.7 we got boosted stats and made bosses MUCH easier since and now with a ninja increase on bosses health.. This stil warrants notes to players of a icnrease on boss's health. This hasnt helped to progress, esoecially when low percents on johlen is HUGE. I suggest if Trion wants to increase on bosses health or such make master mode tier 1 raids, thx.
    Last edited by Huesos; 02-25-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Being Mercenaries We don't get Forced to Faction Flip, We Choose who we fight for!

Not the first, and certainly won't be the last undocumented change in an MMO.

There's been tons of undocumented changes, most of them aren't really noticeable for your average player.

These changes aren't really noticeable either if your guild has been killing them. GSB/RoS is still perfectly pugable, etc.

I'd rather they keep the patch notes clear of these changes that, for all intents and purposes, change nothing.

Post RIFT 1.7 Hotfix #1 - 8:00am PDT 2/3/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 3/2/12 [EU]

GENERAL
    * Corrected some items that were changed to Bind on Pickup that were previously Bind on Equip, and fixed several items whose required level to equip was inadvertently raised.
    * If you are currently over the Favor cap, you can now regain spent Favor when returning an item during the refund buyback period.
    * Mobs in Expert dungeons and first-tier Raids and Slivers have powered up and now deal increased damage and have more health.

I stand corrected, but to be honest with one more million on johlen is a bit much(especially on low percents) A a lottery bomblast, rng fight on 3rd phase. 8% is 240-248k vs once was 8% at 168k
    Last edited by Huesos; 02-25-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Being Mercenaries We don't get Forced to Faction Flip, We Choose who we fight for!

Rift Disciple

Erm, last phase is not rng based....

Learn to stack up on the tank and position right = no rng.

Dont confuse rng with being bad.
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

It came with the gear buffs, t2 expert dungeon gear became the old t1 raid gear, i dont think it woulda been right to keep the bosses teh same if you were able to stomp t1 raids in full t1 raid gear to be coming in and sotmping in t2 expert gear. So yes the raids became a little harder to kill

Quote Originally Posted by Trasgress View Post
    Erm, last phase is not rng based....

Learn to stack up on the tank and position right = no rng.

Dont confuse rng with being bad.
    Pff, stacking is for noobs, hit as many groundbombs as possible, and try not to get hit by lemons!

Groundbombing yourself around the boss ftw! Our record was getting hit by bombs 27 times, my personal record is 25.
    The main trick is to be marksman with a blink, so you can still dps in these puggroups.
    Last edited by Highland; 02-26-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

Shield of Telara

Did johlen today, did seem to have a little more health than usual but still 1shot him with like a third of the raid up so not bad at all for a pug.

If you look at it percentage-wise, the percentage of DPS gained on lower-tier gear is still significantly higher than the percentage of HP these mobs gained. They had to do it or make the content pointless.

Even with the buff, Johlen should be incredibly easy. At just over 3M HP, the last 25% burn phase is 750,000. If you have 15 DPS pulling 1,000 DPS each (which should be EXTREMELY easy -- my alt cleric wearing a mix of PvP (old) rank 4, expert, and T1 raid pulls 1500), that last phase takes 50 seconds. That's like two bombs.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

As Tordana says, due to the damage buffs to everyone's gear outweighing the buffs to boss hp all raid tier 1 fights are easier than they used to be.
    If you're still having trouble with Johlen then you need to realise it's not a gear check, it's a stupid check.

Case in point, I've tanked all Raid Tier 1 in 50% Blues with no Source Core, couldn't do that before the gear buffs.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-26-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Nope.

Ascendant

It was already pointed out to you in the other thread on the same topic that this was not a ninja change and it is not even a change that increases the difficulty.

making more threads wont make you right.

#1 Trion doesn't have edit button on the title(after a bit of time), and quickly replied I stand corrected about it was patched.
    #2 then the discussion of frustration of not having Johlen on farm prior to now hp increase of 1more million health. Dpsing while moving is not easily done with just got raid ready(IE mages cant dps while moving in pyro/ele, and dps drops below 1k because of moving, and still frustrating with some with raid gear) Try the equation with all 20 full tier 2 you won't succeed as easy as some reported who has oranges/greater mark gear. You about begin to hate Johlen if ppl remember trying to get past him in their progressions, to now MORE health.
    #3 I didnt make two threads , only this one. yeah I then saw another and replied that a fellow guildy wrote.
    #4 I see the point we got buffed on gear ratio to increase dps across the board, but now changed topic to where's Trions math to NOT EVEN increase boss's hp? 2 million more health on Greenscale, 1 million more health on johlen, 300k more health on warmaster,600k more health on herald garuath,and 900k more health on Plutonus??(ther e is more to compare hp's but haven't documented The HP should of been added EVENLY. There is no slightly inscreased hp on some of those. What justify's Trion to arbitrarily put BIGGER inscreases on other bosses? Its like they increased it to make it not super easy for guild who have those on farm or in HK, and stumped those who are still working there, with not much raid gear on our belts. Trion where's the math tests with a full 20 in tier 2 gear? If Trion's wanting raider to get more gear to progress further with more raid gear. Then why its Rough with substantial raid gear to dps 1-2million more health?

Again previous comments is typed out who have it already on farm and progressing in HK and have there relics.

It's mainly a frustration which was already there, and now even more frustrates that its not EVEN justice on added health on bosses. If Trion thought to add more health do it fairly.

End rant.
    Last edited by Huesos; 02-28-2012 at 10:55 AM.

There have been so many improvements to overall character stats and stuff since T1 raids first came out that they were becoming increasingly irrelevant, even at the "correct" gear levels. You could do all of them in T2 dungeon gear, and that was when dungeon gear was worse than it is now, most classes didn't have anything like as good DPS specs, T1 essences were the best you had, there were no set bonusses and no PA.

I'm not sure where you're getting these figure for increased HP for - and frankly I think they're a load of crap and you're exaggerating - but not all bosses had the same HP in the first place, and they have differing soft/hard enrage timers and mechanics so a flat HP increase would be pointless.

Maybe it's just that people have been spoiled by being carried through content by overgeared people who know fights back-to-front, but progressing through content which is new to you is not supposed to be easy. And if people are being bad and bringing inappropriate specs (complaining that movement hurts DPS on a movement-intensive fight? come on...) because they don't know how to play their class properly, they've only got themselves to blame.

The health increases arent exaggerated.. look at rift.zam wiki's and youtube videos. (again already acknowledged it wasnt a ninja patch, just unbalanced increases now). Plus come back and test it with full tier 2 dungeon gear with 20 folks, yah it should be a challenge but doable, then say its easy.
    Last edited by Huesos; 02-28-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    Post RIFT 1.7 Hotfix #1 - 8:00am PDT 2/3/11 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 3/2/12 [EU]

GENERAL
    * Corrected some items that were changed to Bind on Pickup that were previously Bind on Equip, and fixed several items whose required level to equip was inadvertently raised.
    * If you are currently over the Favor cap, you can now regain spent Favor when returning an item during the refund buyback period.
    * Mobs in Expert dungeons and first-tier Raids and Slivers have powered up and now deal increased damage and have more health.
    Can I still hold that this is a ninja change and Trion just makes for a terrible, terrible ninja who loudly announces himself?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast