+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Johlen grew some more HP?

Rift Disciple

Default Johlen grew some more HP?

My guild last night was running GSB and when we hit Johlen he had more health than he should have (about 1 mil more) and where 8% was about 24K it was about 300K. Anyone else run into this or know if it's just a bugg/ ninja buff by trion?

raid T1 content scales with gear slightly now

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    raid T1 content scales with gear slightly now
    mind elaborating further? like when this happened etc.
    Last edited by Fireblast; 02-25-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Champion

1.7 patch!
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

Johlen 8% 240k is a big incrrease then what it should be at 8% of 2.1 million equalling 168k with 3rd phase.

Its now reported all bosses have had a recent increase on health form Rift.zam reported in videos and wiki's, and evena guidl photo of Plutonus..

WE tested also of a group going in less gear and the bosses still had a increase in health. this is recent not after 1.7, after the hotfixes.. Regardless no notes anywhere of raid boss's health buffed up
    Last edited by Huesos; 02-25-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    Being Mercenaries We don't get Forced to Faction Flip, We Choose who we fight for!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post

Difficulty of content & Encounters

One last thing I want to mention is that we're not just upgrading items and making everything way easier. We will be going through and making a few selective changes to existing content in both Expert, Master, and Raid zones. While you shouldn't expect to see a huge increase in difficulty we will do some minor adjustments to monster DMG / HP to account for some of the item progression changes.

maybe just an oversight that it wasn't in the patch notes, they were a very large set of patch notes, I don't think the health scales they just got a buff when all the gear was buffed
    Last edited by Glamour; 02-25-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    maybe just an oversight that it wasn't in the patch notes, they were a very large set of patch notes, I don't think the health scales they just got a buff when all the gear was buffed
    They were wrong about difficulty then on the fights we've done it seems like you need a perfect atempt to down the boss E.G. no deaths on johlen or no acedental DPS on warmaster when your name is called.

in other words some of the buffs need a nerf...
    Last edited by Fireblast; 02-25-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    Kenneey
    4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE 2/4GA

Moving while dps'ing isn't buffed. IE dodge bombs running and re-stacking only made the last %'s more lottery to who lives. With Johlen 240k left at 8% now vs 186k at 8% is a big difference from a moving/dps stand point fight. The buffing of gear didn't output more dps while moving constantly. Adding 1 million health makes HUGE difference at low percentages, so we need multiple rogues who can dps while moving?
    Last edited by Huesos; 02-25-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Being Mercenaries We don't get Forced to Faction Flip, We Choose who we fight for!

These changes may be inconvenient, but by this time with gear progression it shouldn't matter apart from these bosses being team builders. There aren't any real gear checks in t1 raids IMO.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Johlen has been more getting mad at each other and rages about him. I see it not building a team rather getting pissed off at him, and each other. He's a pain in the ***. Raid members that has substantial raid gear should make it alot more eaiser then it is. Plus the fact that this instance has never gotten its mia graphics fixed(bombs) for most. I see the point to increase boss hp because of our boosts, but not on a movement fight this dramatic. 1mil increase? 300k perhaps like others got increased. I'd like to see a way to make it a perfect run.. You do Duke, or Oracle and its big joke easy compared to johlen. Even hylas is a pain but stil alot easier.
    Last edited by Huesos; 02-25-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post
    They were wrong about difficulty then on the fights we've done it seems like you need a perfect atempt to down the boss E.G. no deaths on johlen or no acedental DPS on warmaster when your name is called.

in other words some of the buffs need a nerf...
    Dpsing Warmaster when your name is called is supposed to be punishing but it does not mean a wipe unless that person keeps dpsing a lot longer than they should, that's the mechanic, he calls your name you STOP it is not that hard, if I can do it anyone can.

I agree Johlen is a pain but I havn't notices any difficulty increase, he is no more a pain than he was before the buff.

The boss hp/damage changes weren't as big as the gear buffs.

By extension all content is actually easier than it used to be, I can tank all T1 raids in 50% blues with no source core now.
    Nope.

Every week these raids cleared by pugs, if you are failing as organized guild after so many class buffs, gear buffs, it is poor play.

(Gear)

Haven't noticed anything much different. 13-manned GSB and ROS last week just fine, even when half the raid got themselves blown up on Johlen's last phase, and one person completely derped it up and healed Warmaster for almost a full 20%. If you can't beat them with a full raid at the appropriate gear level, you're doing something wrong.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

yea and weapon dps/sp got increased by a lot.

and what the heck happens at 8% o.O

I'll admit to being a bit over geared, but we can still derpalot and recover

+ Reply to Thread