+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sunfire
  • 1 Post By MoonfireSpam

Thread: From an HK raider: You overdid it on the cost on faction PC armor

Default From an HK raider: You overdid it on the cost on faction PC armor

The Planar Conqueror's gear provides a nice alternate progression path to yield gear on the Alsbeth, Greenscale, almost but not quite low end HK level. Certainly you could start HK comfortably with a few pieces or augment things you just cant get the drop for etc.

I think you got the prices right for the gear available to all in the home cities - I bought a new tanking wand... it was 540 ISS + 3000 planarite ... painful but tolerable. Although some would argue these prices are even too high as I got a server first for buying it yesterday ...

BUT I think you overpriced the gear that you put on the EI faction vendors. Really.... so someone interested in alternative armor progression is going to get GLORIFIED faction with Kelari Expedition etc.... and THEN spend 500-600 ISS? It's much faster and easier to get actual HK gear... either through running HK or grinding T2 / MMs. Either the cost should be dropped to 200s for the Glorified limited gear or the faction requirement should be dropped to Honored. The system right now makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by Sunfire; 02-24-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Telaran

yea I pretty much agree.... even if they made it require high Keepers faction like Honored or Revered that might have been ok but the Expedition factions are very slow to gain notoriety with and only have 1 or 2 dailys

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    BUT I think you overpriced the gear that you put on the EI faction vendors. Really.... so someone interested in alternative armor progression is going to get GLORIFIED faction with Kelari Expedition etc.... and THEN spend 500-600 ISS? It's much faster and easier to get actual HK gear... either through running HK or grinding T2 / MMs. Either the cost should be dropped to 200s for the Glorified limited gear or the faction requirement should be dropped to Honored. The system right now makes no sense at all.
    Yeah, they're supposed to grind. What the hell else are they going to do? I could probably farm that much ISS in a week or so if I didn't spend so much time raiding - one might be inclined to think it requires a comparable investment of time to obtaining actual raid gear, what with it being equivalent to it and all that.

ISS drops like candy now - there's loads of daily onslaught quests that give you a reward bag with like a 1 in 4 chance of an ISS, they drop from normal rifts, you get a load of them from zone events... And just about everything you do on Ember Isle now gives you loads of faction rep.

You're forgetting that the whole point of "alternate gearing" is that "lol just run HK" isn't an option - this is aimed at people who can't and/or won't do actual raid content, but want to obtain raid-level gear (why, I don't know, but that's an irrelevant tangent...) And grinding T2s for HK gear is an even more ridiculous idea than farming ISS for planar conqueror stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post

ISS drops like candy now - there's loads of daily onslaught quests that give you a reward bag with like a 1 in 4 chance of an ISS, they drop from normal rifts, you get a load of them from zone events... And just about everything you do on Ember Isle now gives you loads of faction rep.
    I agree that it wouldn't be terrible if it was on Keeper faction on EI because there's so much faction available ... but once you finish the Kelari Expedition / Guardian Equivalent story quests there's only 1 or 2 dailys per day. I think it would take you months to get to Glorified. Talking to one of the Devs on the PTR it didn't sound like anyone ...at all... on any server... had yet purchased any of the PC gear off the Expedition faction vendors, that kinda says something.

That was the easier faction to grind. You get 1k+ rep each one of those 2 dailies and you could get rep from killing things in CR.
    Last edited by Regnek; 02-25-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Kjalla - Aegis - Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Regnek View Post
    That was the easier faction to grind. You get 1k+ rep each one of those 2 dailies and you could get rep from killing things in CR.

Maybe they changed it - they only give 250-450 rep each now. CR still does rep though.

Huh... I guess the cost of the planar conqueror armor is going to be one of those threads that pops up over and over...

So, here it is again.

That set of armor was added specifically for those players who do not raid to have some amount of gear progression. Why they want it for if they don't raid? The world may never know.

But it is NOT meant for raiders to use as a path to raid progression.

Stop bringing up how many inscribes it costs. Its meant to cost that much, because its for people who do not raid to purchase with the many more inscribes they can obtain doing other forms of PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    I agree that it wouldn't be terrible if it was on Keeper faction on EI because there's so much faction available ... but once you finish the Kelari Expedition / Guardian Equivalent story quests there's only 1 or 2 dailys per day. I think it would take you months to get to Glorified. Talking to one of the Devs on the PTR it didn't sound like anyone ...at all... on any server... had yet purchased any of the PC gear off the Expedition faction vendors, that kinda says something.
    Lies.

I was the shard first to attain glorified from Kelari Expedition. And it was within a month of EI coming out.

You have any idea how many people queued specifically for CR when it first released? Random queuing dungeons was almost always 100% CR. Plus you could run normal CR to your hearts content. They award the same amount of rep per kill as expert.

And I snagged the PC gear for shard firsts as well. Granted I returned it to the vendor because I don't need that gear... but it was purchased.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 02-25-2012 at 10:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread