+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Harmless@Laethys Perfect Aky + Conq!

Default Harmless@Laethys Perfect Aky + Conq!

Grats guys! Nice recorded kill here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDCuqm7nVbA
    Ephex
    <Harmless>

You're game sound makes it sound like you are playing in a raging river. This saddens me.

So lucky mind decay went off before enrage. Grats
    Last edited by Quietmode; 02-24-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Cleric Tank

Grats, that looked fun
    See you all in Wildstar!

Gratz, we were doing the paella and perfect tries yesterday, but damn, thats annoying.

Tbh, looked extremely messy with your groups movement and stuff you're dumping on the ground and mind decay and and and.
    Basically gj, but the overhealing and overgearing of the fight is really getting you through it like a boss.
    Alot of people still get hit by the breath tbh.

Oh and when mind decay goes off during enrage, it would've been 4.5k ticks
    Last edited by Highland; 02-24-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

Ascendant

Does the senticar in this video not know how to use bolt of judgment?

Champion

Congratulations on perfect Akylios. Glad to see you guys pull it off even with too many clerics in the raid.

I am in agreement with Ahov on the senticar though, spamming your instant cast conviction generators instead of using Bolt of Judgement when you're standing still is kind of.... bad. But then that would probably be a discussion for the cleric forums. Also why use Guise of Death instead of a useful trinket?
    Last edited by Ladara; 02-24-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Rift Disciple

Grats guys. What's with the snowman spamming? Is that some trick I've never heard of, or is it just cause it's hilarious?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    Grats guys. What's with the snowman spamming? Is that some trick I've never heard of, or is it just cause it's hilarious?
    They are marking wave safe spots
    RNG is everything

Quote Originally Posted by Ladara View Post
    I am in agreement with Ahov on the senticar though, spamming your instant cast conviction generators instead of using Bolt of Judgement when you're standing still is kind of.... bad. But then that would probably be a discussion for the cleric forums. Also why use Guise of Death instead of a useful trinket?
    Couple things. First is that I completely agree. Even as a senticar, casting BoJ will increase DPS by a lot, as well as keeping your instants for when you need them (saves you from hard casting those Communions if you're out on convictions). Also depending on your build you may have a BoD debuff to apply that procs off BoJ spam for the stingers that you DoT up.

But Eph, I'm not telling you how to play! Achievement in itself proves that it works, it's just painful for me to watch as I usually play the DPS inquisicar!

Other thing is that you can equip your trinket then switch to another one while still keeping your Lich form.

Anyway I said it in the Laethys thread already, but, congrats on the kill!

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Telaran

Also why use Guise of Death instead of a useful trinket?

notsureifserious.jpg

Congratulations on perfect Akylios. Glad to see you guys pull it off even with too many clerics in the raid.
    lolwut? too many clerics? they only had 5....

we have 6 clerics and kill aky in 12min, having clerics isnt as huge a disadvantage anymore.

Cleric Tank

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highland View Post
    Gratz, we were doing the paella and perfect tries yesterday, but damn, thats annoying.

Tbh, looked extremely messy with your groups movement and stuff you're dumping on the ground and mind decay and and and.
    Basically gj, but the overhealing and overgearing of the fight is really getting you through it like a boss.
    Alot of people still get hit by the breath tbh.

Oh and when mind decay goes off during enrage, it would've been 4.5k ticks
    Pretty sure gear doesn't help you dodge waves and I doubt any guild that just downed Akylios would give serious attempts at perfect akylios. They would just res the dead and keep going. People were getting clipped by the first few ticks of breath which can happen if you are in melee, but no one was bathing in it, certainly not enough to kill them. Overhealing had very little to do with it seeing as how waves is instant death. Try doing it with three clerics and you'll see how miserable it is.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    lolwut? too many clerics? they only had 5....

we have 6 clerics and kill aky in 12min, having clerics isnt as huge a disadvantage anymore.
    Actually made the comment because of something Ursa (their GM) used to say about anything more than 3 clerics in an HK raid being too many, I guess I was being a little unspecific though.

Either way, still happy to see good people get a nice acheivement.

*edit* we use 5-6 clerics every HK including our tank, I <3 clerics ^_^
    Last edited by Ladara; 02-24-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    RNG is everything

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    Pretty sure gear doesn't help you dodge waves and I doubt any guild that just downed Akylios would give serious attempts at perfect akylios. They would just res the dead and keep going. People were getting clipped by the first few ticks of breath which can happen if you are in melee, but no one was bathing in it, certainly not enough to kill them. Overhealing had very little to do with it seeing as how waves is instant death. Try doing it with three clerics and you'll see how miserable it is.
    Clerics are the only class that can't cheese the waves. More clerics= more difficulty for that aspect of the fight IMO. +1
    RNG is everything

Diu

Really nice vid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast