+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: So It happened...

Default So It happened...

I think I became the elitist jerk I always hated....

Did a pug GP. we one shot everything till last boss.

Then 2 wipes and I bail. Then 50 chat Kersploded!

Did find the Raid leader an hour later and said it over.

Anyone else ever do something then go "WTF did I just be that guy"
    Last edited by BehemothDog; 02-24-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehemothDog View Post
    Anyone else ever do something then go "WTF did I just be that guy"
    Nope. =) I always treat others in the way that I would like to be treated, in and out of game.

The good news here is that you noticed your transition - so you may be able to revert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddu Krishnamurti
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Quote Originally Posted by BehemothDog View Post

Did find the Raid leader an hour later and said it over.
    Edit:
    Did find the Raid leader an hour later and talked it over.

Shadowlander

As much as I try not to go through the same transition it's damn hard when you help people for 3 months and they still make the same beginner mistakes...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepinator View Post
    As much as I try not to go through the same transition it's damn hard when you help people for 3 months and they still make the same beginner mistakes...
    Same.

When you go 1 shot everything in HK one week... only for some of the same people to heal Galenir for MILLIONS of hp a day later... just makes me want to hurt them

It's like when you pug gsb and still see people getting hit by bombs and not stacking in the last 25%.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

I kinda did it too last night. Just last week we were doing ROTP and had a guy bail after 2-3 wipes after the whole time insisting we needed 12k+ dps and that we couldn't down him.

Well, we didn't down him.. but got close w\out the guy who left.

Well, last night I was that guy. I was in a pug group w\ a couple people who'd never done ROTP. We had wiped so many times on Beruhest that I was tired already. Somebody else bailed first and I took the opportunity to leave. The other people were wanting to stay and learn mechanics but I didn't really wanna be wiping w\ pugs.
    Last edited by Archemys; 02-24-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    Well, last night I was that guy. I was in a pug group w\ a couple people who'd never done ROTP. We had wiped so many times on Beruhest that I was tired already. Somebody else bailed first and I took the opportunity to leave. The other people were wanting to stay and learn mechanics but I didn't really wanna be wiping w\ pugs.
    Maybe my expectations of PUGs are just horrendously low, but I'd consider getting the first dude down and making a decent enough effort on Beruhast to consider keeping attemptnig him to be pretty good going. Unless you've got stupid enough DPS to ignore half most of his mechanics, he's a colossal pain in the *** even for well-organised groups, and I wouldn't even want to attempt him in a PUG.

I can certainly understand bailing on a group if you're tired or it's getting late. I have personally never bailed on a group, but that's my thing (in it til the end).

If you *do* have the time though, I would hope most people are more tolerant of others that need to learn the mechanics.

As most of you know, the Experts changed when they combined T1 and T2 dungeons. It was a while before I set about doing Experts again, when I did, I had to learn some of them all over again due to the changes. I kept asking my group before-hand on the bosses, "Ok what do I need to know about this encounter". Repeatedly, no one would speak up until I messed up. This was a very frustrating run. As soon as I saw the mechanics, I didn't have a problem.. But it would have been easier on everyone if there had been *communication*. Anyway, that's happened twice, but we prevailed in the end.. With me looking like a noob even though I've been playing for over a year.

If you have the time, be patient. If not patient, at least communicate when someone is asking for the mechanics on the next Boss.

Ty
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddu Krishnamurti
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Ascendant

I don't enjoy pugging content either

Champion

there's nothing wrong with being frustrated if people refuse to learn from their mistakes. it doesn't make you "that guy" or even an elitist. It just makes you someone who values their own time and effort.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Shield of Telara

I almost did this on a gp run. People kept dying to the second boss and my guildie ended up leaving, I stayed for 1 more attempt and we managed to 9 man him (after I swapped to icar instead of pure dps) solohealing the tank from 30% onwards.

I left after that because I knew we had no chance on the next bosses and it was 2;30 am haha

I only get irritated when people purposefully try to ignore mechanics... or flat out forget about mechanics.

Like trying to take the sting on GP's first boss... or "forgetting" that DH's second boss has a tail lash.

Failed attempts at being an internet bad-*** wastes my time.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepinator View Post
    That's life.

Some have quick fingers some don't.

In WoW in our Naxx days we had one wonderful person and he is a wonderful person but he died every single time on Kel'Thuzad. If the void was under him he was dead.

Why who knows. Was easy to see and all. It's just he wasn't fast enough to get out before it clicked and 1 shotted him.

He was good about it. We all made bets if he'd make it or not. And I believe out of the runs in Naxx he never lived through that fight.

Unless you are a cutting edge guild you'll have people in your group that make you shack your head. You live with it. And try to not jump down their throats. You must remember no matter how bad they might have just been they are people playing not just cartoon players.

Healers I find are the worse at getting blown up. They have to watch so much. Heath Bars get to be a bit of tunnel vision. You don't see a void fast enough and POP. You get called out in chat over being silly.

You see morons on the forums saying things they'd never say in real life to anyone. Why they do it on a forum is sad. Gues they forget there are real people. Or is it part on the, "it's all about me." Which the world is turning in to.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    It's like when you pug gsb and still see people getting hit by bombs and not stacking in the last 25%.
    Tree hugging works just as well if you are range. Infact it's easier. You play the RNG against him. He'll not drop bombs in 4 different places everytime. And if the RNG gods are nice he'll bomb away on the melee leaving range to blow him up never having 1 point of damage done to them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast