+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Don't slot up your earth/fire resist sigils yet

Default Warning: Don't slot up your earth/fire resist sigils yet

Spent the last couple of weeks farming T2 rifts for fire/earth resist essences? Keep them in your bank for now, the latest PTS patch has +20 resist sigils available from each of the planar faction vendors for 30k planarite + 60 ISS.

So, either hold fire on putting your sigils together, or get ready to join the queue of people submitting GM tickets after patch day asking for their essences back...

Champion

They just need to add something buyable to remove essences to fix the ridiculousness that will ensue.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

Not sure why you would be slotting earth/fire resists now anyways, unless you absolutely needed the bag space. Its always in your best interest to wait til the last minute for these types of things.

We've been banking on the fact that they would repeat the +resist core for ID.

Cleric Tank

Champion

Most cores have been done since GP released, and before RotP was released, so that seems to make sense to me.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    They just need to add something buyable to remove essences to fix the ridiculousness that will ensue.
    This would be extremely nice. Or the ability to augment a sigil with the +20 resist... or the ability to overwrite an old sigil with a new one.
    DH 4/4, GP 4/4, GSB 5/5, ROS 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 2/4 PF, 2/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    +1

Theres a thread in the PTS section about this.

I already have a fire resist source engine that I dropped a good 500 inscribed stones into.. .same w\ the water resist engine.

Both of those were filled out in the last month or 2 by grinding world events and spending countless hours doing so. They need to do something so that people like me aren't left w\ crap while other people get to enjoy better gear.

I don't see why they couldn't allow you to add one of the blazing resist runes to your source engine... that or allow you to swap the lessers out w\ one of the new engines.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Smells like tears of folks who didn't think far enough ahead.

There's no cap for inscribes as far as I know, and the handfull of essences you got from t2 rrs would only occupy a few slots in your bank.

So why would you even build a fire/earth core already?

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    +1

Theres a thread in the PTS section about this.

I already have a fire resist source engine that I dropped a good 500 inscribed stones into.. .same w\ the water resist engine.

stuff.
    how pray tell did you manage to dump 500 IS into 1 machine?

By my math it takes 350 IS and 1 drop per SM. That assumes there are even 2 100 pointers that are worth slotting(have stats somewhat close to what you need) and 3 50 pointers (one of those being the end/resist only).

Total cost using those numbers for the new SM + stones for both earth and fire comes out to 820 IS for 2 machines that cost 60 IS themselves....planarite is the bigger issue...it takes some 100k planarite to fill those same machinces.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefaruis View Post
    how pray tell did you manage to dump 500 IS into 1 machine?

By my math it takes 350 IS and 1 drop per SM. That assumes there are even 2 100 pointers that are worth slotting(have stats somewhat close to what you need) and 3 50 pointers (one of those being the end/resist only).

Total cost using those numbers for the new SM + stones for both earth and fire comes out to 820 IS for 2 machines that cost 60 IS themselves....planarite is the bigger issue...it takes some 100k planarite to fill those same machinces.
    Forum folks love to exaggerate to try and lend weight to their point.

But all it does is make people dismiss them as ignorant whiners. y'know, like those who claim they've been playing rift for years so they know more than you.

Champion

guess it's time to start farming again. I made a fire resist core for RotP guess I'll have 2 now
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Sword of Telara

I'm too poor and I slotted everything already. At least I can blame my raid's inadequacies on overtuned(not) resist based fights right?

I slotted one already and have enough/ones saved for another. ._. Ain't hard to get em.

Also the price on them? Yeah. Bit much !
    Last edited by Kutiel; 02-21-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Ascendant

It is true that elemental resist is an easy scapegoat for underperforming teams, and anyone who tells you you NEED any innate elemental sigil is a poor judge of cause and effect.

But there's no point in building a sigil till you need it. Keep your assets in liquid form. Could be the difference between dropping a chest or shouler resist, or putting an off-elemental BiS essence in the sigil. Not going to amount to much, but there's no reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladara View Post
    guess it's time to start farming again. I made a fire resist core for RotP guess I'll have 2 now
    I think you have to consider those who have multiple cores. As a mage I need my max DPS core, and that likely wont change. However I also need a death resist tanking core for dollin. I also need my fire resist core for ROTP. I also need my water resist core for HK. I literally just finished the last of those cores a week ago because we are just now entering the R2 content. That blows.

For those already well into R2s, not a big deal because they have had their cores forever and have just been saving up there inscribed passively and likely able to buy up there new cores immediately. For those not even remotely close, they now have a preview as to where to spend their inscribed. But for those on the cusp of entering R2 dungeons, this would be a major slap in the face.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 02-21-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

You don't need a Fire Resist core for ROTP.

Also please, please, please don't say that we Mages have it hard when we only need 1 core + resists.

It makes us look like *****.

Anyone other class that tanks or has good soul-specific greaters has to farm way more sets than we do.

We have it easy.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-21-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast