+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Break Free

Telaran

Default Break Free

So i was tanking Garau earlier and found out that Break Free kinda negates his Obliteration Beam. It removes the entire debuff so I am no longer snared nor taking damage...but neither can I do damage to him. The beam graphic stays on, just no debuff icon or other effects.

Is this intended? Cos if so, it's a really good thing for dpsers to use in case they did not get out of the ground effect fast enough after killing the Porter.
    Last edited by Shadoelynn; 02-21-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Giving Break Free to all players made so many boss mechanics much more trivial than they already were.

It's too powerful in my opinion.
    Nope.

General of Telara

^ I agree. Move it to the PvP attunement so people at least have to work up a bit for it.
    The Riftguard
    Deepwood :: TDQ 4/4 :: FT 2/4
    Morning Raiding Guild - Recruiting!

Atrius: "Paragon seems solid. At Level 60 I came in at the top of IA damage."

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Itseotle View Post
    ^ I agree. Move it to the PvP attunement so people at least have to work up a bit for it.
    Doesn't really solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoelynn View Post
    So i was tanking Garau earlier and found out that Break Free kinda negates his Obliteration Beam. It removes the entire debuff so I am no longer snared nor taking damage...but neither can I do damage to him. The beam graphic stays on, just no debuff icon or other effects.

Is this intended? Cos if so, it's a really good thing for dpsers to use in case they did not get out of the ground effect fast enough after killing the Porter.
    Then why did you step into the beam in the first place? The whole point is to reflect damage.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Then why did you step into the beam in the first place? The whole point is to reflect damage.
    It explodes if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    It explodes if you don't.
    Didn't know that. Always stepped in it. Could be fun troll to the guild complaining how boring it is!
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoelynn View Post
    You'd have to break free before the first tick of damage obliterates you =P

... sorry, couldn't help it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    You'd have to break free before the first tick of damage obliterates you =P

... sorry, couldn't help it.
    I was tanking Garau and tried to use Break Free to see if I could counter the snare. And as I posted in the beginning, turns out it counters the whole damn thing.

Me going on about whether it is intended is just a nicer way of asking WTF does a free PVP ability negate one of the core abilities/mechanic of a HK boss fight. Allowing it to simply remove snares which is cleansable through normal means is one thing, but giving it the ability to wipe the beam off completely is ridiculous.

Seems like a major flaw in perhaps the LUA scripting for the Beam and categorizing it as a "snare", rather than it being a "special" unremovable buff/debuff...or in the scripting of Break Free to remove all "snare" and even "special".

There are other ways of submitting feedback if you believe it to be a bug. And I agree its probably a bug.

Things like this happen everytime any game revamps one aspect of itself. Not like any tank ran 0 vindicator for break free in HK, ever.

It's not technically a PvP ability, it just used to be in a PvP soul.

The only solution I can see is to make it so it only affects debuffs cast by players.

Otherwise the designers have to create encounters assuming everyone can get out of any snare/stun they add into the fight instantly.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    Nope.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    There are other ways of submitting feedback if you believe it to be a bug. And I agree its probably a bug.

Things like this happen everytime any game revamps one aspect of itself. Not like any tank ran 0 vindicator for break free in HK, ever.
    Yea i submitted it as a bug, just wanted to know what other players thought about it and whether it was intended...or if they have encountered it working on other bosses.

It works in lots of places.

You can break free of the terrible roar (aoe fear by those big mobs in rotp before silgen)

You can break free of the mind control debuff in the earth t2 raid rift (though the timer is nowhere near low enough if you get picked repeatedly)

you can break free of the root from the first boss in DH right before he tries to cleave you.

... and the list goes on, and on, and on.

My favorite is strafe, i always make sure to test it out to see which mechanics it makes me immune to
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

If you were a Riftstalker you would have known Break free would have negated the beam.

We were breaking Inquis since before it was cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast