+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible to rune rare/epic bop drop then trade back, same lfg and shard?

Default Possible to rune rare/epic bop drop then trade back, same lfg and shard?

Just curious if this was possible. I guess I could try with some worthless rune, but my ability to play the game has been extremely limited the past few weeks. Blue/purple drop in dungeon, trade item and rune with higher level player of the group (on same shard to receive rune) who applies rune and trades the item back.

No. Not possible. Once you trade it the first time its not trade-able.

Say I get an item off of icetalon, trade it to someone, it removes the 30 minute trade-able window thus locking it to him, specially if you enchant it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Banned

If you get the master looter to give it to the person doing the enchant and then trade it . . . might work? Never really used it this way, but you only get 1 trade.

Interesting twist. Master looter seems like the best attempt then. Thanks for the replies, good to know it's one trade only.

Plane Touched

I know that once you equip the item it is locked to you immediately, and I know that purchased gear (with plaques, favor, etc.) is locked to you and no longer has the option to return it for a full refund as soon as you put a rune on it, so I suspect that placing any rune on an item will cause it to be locked to you and that the only way to then trade it would be to contact a GM.

Since no runes are Bind on Pickup, this could only be used to trade loot that was mistakenly taken and runed. You might as well just open trade and give the person the item and the rune.
    Tenethar -- Cleric -- Justicar Tank/Inquisicar/DPS
    Officer of <Static> -- 11/11 HK -- Wolfsbane PvE

Hmm, I think that all the PvP runes are BoP and if someone had a pile of favor could look into this option if they wanted to twink a new character.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    Hmm, I think that all the PvP runes are BoP and if someone had a pile of favor could look into this option if they wanted to twink a new character.
    Ah, I was thinking of crafted runes only. Even so, runing an item is assumed to be taking ownership of it, as evidenced by the removal of the "Return Price: " on plaque or mark gear, so I don't believe this will work without GM intervention, and I doubt a GM would approve an item trade with a rune on it, especially if it were obviously to circumvent normal rune restrictions such as reputation requirements.
    Tenethar -- Cleric -- Justicar Tank/Inquisicar/DPS
    Officer of <Static> -- 11/11 HK -- Wolfsbane PvE

+ Reply to Thread