+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lesser essences

Default Lesser essences

I really dislike zone events, I find them quite boring actually. However one of the best ways to get ISS to buy lessers is through doing those events.

Is there a valid reason not to have them drop off bosses in Experts? I mean after all Experts are suppose to be for gearing up to raid. Planar gear is an alternative to Raiding (to a certain extent), allowing Essences to drop off Expert bosses is in line with getting ready to raid.

Wise man say, "You must climb all kinds of trees before you are a climber".
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

They made it so you can buy them with planarite but I really doubt people are dropping 15k planarite for a single inscribed stone.

The Rift mobile app has 'lootables' and one of the games lets you win planar stuff like inscribeds, eternal dust, and planarite...

Otherwise grind the events. I'm trying to get my mage geared up now and find myself having to log off of my main to do events w\ my alt... have 255 stones on my main and nothing to spend them on, 5 maxed out source engines... and my poor mage just has 1 shabby source engine.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I really dislike zone events, I find them quite boring actually. However one of the best ways to get ISS to buy lessers is through doing those events.

Is there a valid reason not to have them drop off bosses in Experts? I mean after all Experts are suppose to be for gearing up to raid. Planar gear is an alternative to Raiding (to a certain extent), allowing Essences to drop off Expert bosses is in line with getting ready to raid.
    I'll go ahead and get this comment out of the way for other posters. The game is titled Rift, therefore it should be expected that one must take care of these Rifts during game play.

I'm a firm believer in letting there be multiple ways around problems, but the end result there should be a "best" way. Zone events should be the best way.

Expert bosses could continue to drop plaques, but let us spend those plaques on a new set of lesser/greater essences. Make them weaker than the inscribed essences, and more or less a "starting point" to where you want to go. In the end, the inscribed sourcestone lesser essences would still be the top of the line, so if you wanted them for resist purposes, you'd need to farm it out.

Plane Touched

As someone said somewhat more poetically, they're to encourage people to do all aspects of the game.

Want the best PvE armor, go raiding.
    Want the best PvP armor, go PvP.
    Want the best essences, go open world PvE

It gives everyone a reason to do everything. And you CAN get good essences without spending any inscribed - they do drop from expert and raid rifts... the BiS are usually from the vendors though. Can't have the best of everything without doing all the content types!
    LEVEL 50 ETH WARRIOR TANK - BLOODIRON
    DH 4/4 | GP 4/4 | GSB 5/5 (Conq) | RoS 5/5 (Conq) | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Tristaynia View Post
    As someone said somewhat more poetically, they're to encourage people to do all aspects of the game.

Want the best PvE armor, go raiding.
    You'd be surprised how many rogues I see in raids who are mostly in rank 8 pvp gear w\ a few pve items for +hit

I know people would cry forever... but I'd totally back putting a negative hit rating on pvp gear so that it wouldn't be effective to use in raid content. It's nice that people are at the highest pvp level.. .but that shouldn't automatically let them skip pve progression.

I can't jump into a pvp match and be all op in the pve gear I spent a good month or 2 earning.
    Last edited by Archemys; 02-17-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    You'd be surprised how many rogues I see in raids who are mostly in rank 8 pvp gear w\ a few pve items for +hit

I know people would cry forever... but I'd totally back putting a negative hit rating on pvp gear so that it wouldn't be effective to use in raid content. It's nice that people are at the highest pvp level.. .but that shouldn't automatically let them skip pve progression.

I can't jump into a pvp match and be all op in the pve gear I spent a good month or 2 earning.
    That only works at the moment because people have progressed almost all the way through the current content. A few HK-level items will give you enough hit for basically everything prior to HK. Try that on the next tier when you do actually need more hit than you can cheese out of one or two pieces and you won't get very far.

That said, it does seem kind of silly that hit rating is restricted to so few pieces, especially compared to PVP gear where valor is spread around the entire set.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

most of the pvp item stats are wasted on endurance/vengeance, things that don't really matter a whole lot in pve. using pvp items in pve is mostly a stat loss :<

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I'd argue that the best way to get ISS / lessers is to do tier 2 raid rifts =P

2 inscribes per stage, 1-2 lessers per rift.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawPlankton View Post
    most of the pvp item stats are wasted on endurance/vengeance, things that don't really matter a whole lot in pve. using pvp items in pve is mostly a stat loss :<
    Not really... go compare rank 8 rogue gear to the t1 rogue set.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    I'd argue that the best way to get ISS / lessers is to do tier 2 raid rifts =P

2 inscribes per stage, 1-2 lessers per rift.
    There you go ! wasn't thinking about raid rifts.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

now compare r8 rogue gear to the HK rogue set, its equivalent item level...

You'd have to compare the rank 5-6 rogue pvp gear to tier 1 raid. Rank 7-8 is HK tier equivalent.

Telaran

Lol compare the time it takes to get R8 and compare the time it takes to get fully decked out T1 raid. You get the super OP crafted set, a few drops and maybe 1 mark piece if ur unlucky with drops. I had my mage alt full T1 geared in like a week. Try getting R8 in a week. HK/Rotp gear is better than R8 for pve.

If you really think its some kind of an achievement to get ur lame *** T1 raid gear and feel wronged cause people who got R8 have better gear, I dunno what to say.

+ Reply to Thread