+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: End of instance exp homogenization?

Plane Touched

Default End of instance exp homogenization?

So I was running mmDD last night with a few guildies, and it took ~30m or so. Finished up, took my 6 MoAs for exp (as im pretty much done with gmark gear) and realized that if you don't need gmarks, expert dailies are far far superior in terms of exp/min than mm dungeons are. Got me thinking, is there any reason that mm dungeons should not have the same 250k exp on completion that expert dailies give?

Its a pretty simple addition that would greatly incentivize veteran players to complete these instances. Master mode dungeons really need to be reworked now with the buff to T2 rewards. The 250k exp at the end at the very least.. possibly 3 plaques/1 MoA per boss as well?

The risk vs. reward for MMs vs. experts seems really imbalanced atm.

Then I started thinking some more, why not raid dungeons as well? The new weeklies are awesome but some people are commenting on how pugs are disbanding because people wont stay past the weekly boss, the quest is already there, it awards us a measly 50g for every instance we complete. Would coding in 250k exp be a bad idea? It can't be exploited or spammed as they are on week lockouts.

Does anyone disagree? Trion, any comments on this?

Who runs MM's anymore? Don't need the gear, nothing drops marks, CR is infinitely long and DD is just boring. I haven't run a Master Mode on my main in months other than once through MMCR.

If the bosses dropped marks i would do them for XP, but as is there is absolutely no reason to ever run a Master Mode once you set foot in HK.

The 250k XP bonus would not add nearly enough incentive either. Every boss in there should be dropping at least 2 MoA's.
    Last edited by Gyle; 02-16-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

I run mCR for the pet and cosmetic weapons... in case they ever decide to add in a weapons wardrobe.

The game already oozes xp with nearly every type of currency being convertable to xp.

If you do nothing else but the 250k dailys and the raid weeklys you're looking at an average of 2PA a day already if you count the xp you gain while doing the instances and raids.

I'd really rather they not add them to master modes.

Plane Touched

So you run master modes for cosmetic things only and you would rather they not add a meaningful reward for completion?

I think I have to agree with Gyle here. As is, there is no reason to do MM dungeons once you have equivalent gear.

I don't usually have the time to complete all of my T2 dailies with my busy work schedule so looks like MMs are off the map for now until they are worth doing again.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericRet View Post
    So you run master modes for cosmetic things only and you would rather they not add a meaningful reward for completion?

I think I have to agree with Gyle here. As is, there is no reason to do MM dungeons once you have equivalent gear.

I don't usually have the time to complete all of my T2 dailies with my busy work schedule so looks like MMs are off the map for now until they are worth doing again.
    Cosmetic things ARE meaningful rewards for me, and i'm sure more than a few others as well =P

If I went by the "I'm not doing this unless I have something to gain out of it" mentality, I'd have been done with rift months ago. There isn't any thing I can gain by doing any pvp or pve outside of a once-a-week shot at a trinket and a 3rd relic that would be nice.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Cosmetic things ARE meaningful rewards for me, and i'm sure more than a few others as well =P

If I went by the "I'm not doing this unless I have something to gain out of it" mentality, I'd have been done with rift months ago. There isn't any thing I can gain by doing any pvp or pve outside of a once-a-week shot at a trinket and a 3rd relic that would be nice.
    I don't necessarily have that mentality either but I also dont have a lot of time to play. I'm pretty much a raid logger so I have 3-4 hours a week outside of raids that I can do this kind of stuff. In a 10/11 guild, I am looking to get as much exp as I can to boost PA for progression and the pending ID release in a month or two.

Its not that I refuse to do content that is rewardless, but im sure as hell running content with meaningful rewards over content without. So for someone in my position, runnings expert dailies and zone events is worth it way over doing a master mode dungeon. It doesn't seem right at all though, master mode dungeons are harder (albeit not by much but they still are) and risk vs. reward is so skewed atm. So much so, that master mode dungeons (from an exp standpoint) are practically meaningless relative to experts and invasions.

I am in no way opposed to the OP's sentiments, but the way I see it, there will always be things that become "meaningless" once you reach a certain point in char progression. Keeping content "meaningful" at all times for everyone regardless of progression level, without creating imbalances, does not sound feasible to me. While on a personal level I wouldn't mind getting 250k XP from a master dungeon, I think somewhere there has to be a limit to how much the game should be tweaked to suit the premises of each individual.

There have been so many tweaks that have made acquiring xp easier: 1/2 level for completing daily experts/warfronts; buying xp with currency and favour; weekly raid quests; veteran xp pots; xp crystals from zone events, IA and achievments, rested bonus to PA xp, etc. etc.

I do agree however, that the generic rewards for completing raids is more or less a laugh in the face.
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Raynedrops View Post
    I do agree however, that the generic rewards for completing raids is more or less a laugh in the face.
    As far as I can understand it, its simply a tracker of your progress through the instance. A quest with objectives ticked off as you go.

As far as I can understand it, its simply a tracker of your progress through the instance. A quest with objectives ticked off as you go.
    Why did you quote me and then proceed to talk about something totally unrelated to what I was saying? /confused
    Last edited by Raynedrops; 02-18-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Why did you quote me and then proceed to talk about something totally unrelated to what I was saying? /confused
    Thought my quote you was referring to the 50 gold quest completion "reward" you get upon completing dungeons and raids

My mistake if that wasn't what you were talking about.

Thought my quote you was referring to the 50 gold quest completion "reward" you get upon completing dungeons and raids

My mistake if that wasn't what you were talking about.
    I was, but your reply didn't seem to have anything to do with it. You were talking about the quest tracker for the instance; I was talking about the lol 50g reward.

Plane Touched

I am in no way opposed to the OP's sentiments, but the way I see it, there will always be things that become "meaningless" once you reach a certain point in char progression. Keeping content "meaningful" at all times for everyone regardless of progression level, without creating imbalances, does not sound feasible to me. While on a personal level I wouldn't mind getting 250k XP from a master dungeon, I think somewhere there has to be a limit to how much the game should be tweaked to suit the premises of each individual.

There have been so many tweaks that have made acquiring xp easier: 1/2 level for completing daily experts/warfronts; buying xp with currency and favour; weekly raid quests; veteran xp pots; xp crystals from zone events, IA and achievments, rested bonus to PA xp, etc. etc.

Here is the issue I have with that sentiment. Sure old content can become rewardless over time as new content is released... That progression and I'm okay with that.

But why should a master mode dungeon, clearly more difficult and higher in progression be worth drastically less in reward to an HK raider than an expert dungeon?

Should it not be the other way around?

I was, but your reply didn't seem to have anything to do with it. You were talking about the quest tracker for the instance; I was talking about the lol 50g reward.
    it's the same thing if you havent noticed. The quest that tracks the boss kills is the same quest that rewards the 50g at the end.
    Last edited by ClericRet; 02-18-2012 at 08:08 AM.

got my pets, dont need marks so sod master instances.

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

... >_>

Them using the quest system as a tracker would necessarily require a "reward" upon completing it. The 50g isn't a "Congratulations! You beat the raid!" ... its more of it "Here's something random because we need to plug a reward at the end of this quest we've been using to keep track of your progress through the instance."

I mean, did it really seem that far removed and unrelated?

I still need a few GMoA to complete my HK set, but I've pretty much stopped doing MM dungeons aside from when I feel like it (and even then, pretty much only DD), instead of doing MM dungeons every reset to maximize mark gain.

Getting kind of tired of DD now, and CR is just awful and long. Not only that, but none of the bosses are even remotely challenging after they nerfed Faultwalker into the ground every single hotfix patch since CR became a MM dungeon. To top it off, they added horribly annoying mini-bosses that roam half the map and ONLY spawn when you walk within ~20m of a boss, which forces you to either wait for it to get to you, go to it and kill it, or do the boss and hope it won't reach you before you kill the boss. The mini-bosses don't even drop anything worthwhile (usually 1x 10k planar xp crystal, if you're lucky a 50k one + some potions).

I'm hoping that the next MM dungeon will be an original one, brand new dungeon, only available in MM form, and is neither too short nor too long to be enjoyable, and difficult enough to be challenging.

I do still need planar XP, but I'm not going to torture myself by forcing myself to do MM dungeons for XP (even if they bumped the XP to match the 250k from random experts).
    Last edited by Wormwood; 02-18-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Stridsvogn - Warrior [Tank] of MOIRAE @ Icewatch EU
    ---
    DH 4/4 | GP 4/4 | RotP 4/4 | GSB 5/5 | |RoS 5/5 | HK 11/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast