+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Raid Weeklies and People Quitting

Default Raid Weeklies and People Quitting

I have been experiencing a pretty alarming pattern with these new weeklies in place. It seems that more often, every PUG I get into for these raid weeklies, that 1/4 or more of the raid is there to literally get the two bosses down and then bail. It's been happening more with the 20man than the 10man, admittedly, but it still sucks. Specially for the people new to the server who I want to see progress through the content with the help of more vet players who suddenly are stuck after Johlen because the other 1/4 of the raid just decided they are too elite to finish the content or just went in there for the PA level and bounced. Can Trion look into this, please? If not for us vets and players that like raiding, even older content, but for the new players who have a bad taste in their mouth after such bad experiences.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 02-14-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Telaran

So don't pug?

2/4 FT 4/4 TotDQ
    Waxierlamb - Cleric of Exposure@Faeblight
    Cupcakey says I'm bad

GSB/ROS are not bad XP for the amount of time it takes to do them, and have not come across this issue yet but really, clearing them is not that bad.

Perhaps making one of the two bosses the end boss might make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post

Perhaps making one of the two bosses the end boss might make it better.
    I think that's a good solution. Right now they are bosses right in the middle. So, of course, you are encouraged to start, but never to finish.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Run your pugs GDKP so ppl stay to get their plat!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

It's odd that you have seen this, i have not seen this occur at all.

Just tell people at the beginning, if you bail after the quest boss you will never be invited again, and i will make damn sure you are blacklisted from every pug raid anyone i know runs as well.
    Last edited by Gyle; 02-14-2012 at 06:29 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Oh, these aren't PUGs I have started. Just PUGs I have joined via 50chat.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Oh, these aren't PUGs I have started. Just PUGs I have joined via 50chat.
    Wouldn't stop me from trying to destroy someone's reputation for leaving early.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

GDKP/PDKP works, as does not having a PUG that wipes frequently (keeps the easily frustrated from quitting).

But agree 100 percent, blacklist people who quit after they kill the bosses needed for the raid weekly. Especially people who quit after the 10 man weekly boss is killed. That sort of person just reminds me of the people who AFK in warfronts from the get-go and make no effort to try.

Another possible incentive is achievements. Since Critical Critter is kind of a dumb luck achievement, you can entice people by arguing that this might be their lucky week (or you can unwittingly get Perfect Greenscale on an alt in a PUG and not realize it until the sound plays and the achievement pops up)

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I think that's a good solution. Right now they are bosses right in the middle. So, of course, you are encouraged to start, but never to finish.
    We still pug it with out HK toons but usually will swap to our lower geared alts to finish and still finish up the zone in under an hour. I think the end reward of the zone should just give it no quest to pick up just complete the zone and instead of your 50g get the quest reward that is currently given.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Plane Touched

Adding 2-3 GMoA for Alsbeth and Greenscale kill would help a bit and give incentive for people to finish.
    If daily Expert give GMoA and mDD give 2 that it should be OK for T1 end bosses to reward with some GMoA.
    Even nowdays they are zerg at that end they are still raids with weekly reset.
    Doesn't make sense that you get more GMoA from Masters and Experts than T1 Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadili View Post
    We still pug it with out HK toons but usually will swap to our lower geared alts to finish and still finish up the zone in under an hour. I think the end reward of the zone should just give it no quest to pick up just complete the zone and instead of your 50g get the quest reward that is currently given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maauro View Post
    Adding 2-3 GMoA for Alsbeth and Greenscale kill would help a bit and give incentive for people to finish.
    If daily Expert give GMoA and mDD give 2 that it should be OK for T1 end bosses to reward with some GMoA.
    Even nowdays they are zerg at that end they are still raids with weekly reset.
    Doesn't make sense that you get more GMoA from Masters and Experts than T1 Raids.
    I like both of these ideas.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Ascendant

Your intentions may be pure, but the problem isn't with the weekly quest containing 2nd bosses of each instance (or foci in RoS). It's that people are pugging these.

We actually run these as a guild since they get done much more quickly that way (not to mention certain items people still need like Darkling skull, token of warding, etc)

"Oh, but what about those poor little guys that are stuck with an instance lock?" Well, you can trust me on this one. There are plenty of guilds out there for those people who are willing to be a part of that guild and not just faceroll content getting carried. They never had to pug these.
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-14-2012 at 11:32 PM.

I guess it depends on what Trion wants. Do they want to build stronger guilds or do they want to give their players the choice of playing the game how want(strong guild or be able to PUG and experience content at their pace)?

To me it just seems counter productive to put a weekly raid quest out there that is so easily finished. Some people just don't care about reputation or what others think about them. This to me is just the complete opposite of what I believe Trion has been advocating about its game. A world where you can go in without being afraid of being persecuted for your beliefs, sexuality, religion, or being afraid of whether or not this raid is going to bail on you before LGS is dead.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Can't say I've ever had this problem. Though I try to always join gdkp 20 mans run by competent players.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast