+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Chronicle 1: Shadavarian. Yeah, that was fun. Oh, no it wasn't.

Default Chronicle 1: Shadavarian. Yeah, that was fun. Oh, no it wasn't.

Popped back into Rift due to WoW having maintenance night and thought ok, I'm level 50 now, let's do this solo "Chronicle" and try to progress a game I've all but abandoned due to everyone I used to play with now being long gone.

All seemed fine - had to get used to the combat style and slow-motion feel of the game but otherwise fine - until (presumably final) boss Shadavarian. Tried to kill him. Died. To be expected, I guess - it taught me to stay out of range of his death blast etc etc etc.

So I rezzed and ran back to my corpse to try again. And when I got to the instance entrance I was teleported... to right underneath Shadavarian! NO time to heal, restore buffs, spawn pet etc, I was pummeled right from the word go. Having no other choice, I tried to run away. And got brutalized by the other NPCs standing around.

I just logged out in disgust. Next time I log on, whenever that might be, I may be still in battle, or I may be dead with the instance reset. I actually don't care. Yeah, I could keep trying and keep dying until I'm at 0%, then spend some of the meagre 120 platinum I have to restore vitality and throw myself at it again... or I could just not bother.

This is meant to be single-player friendly? REALLY?

I like a difficult challenge, but to make the challenge near-impossible through throwing the player unprepared right up against the boss is just frustrating and futile, not fun.
    Last edited by Neon Kitten; 02-14-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Plane Touched

Sounds like a bug as I've died in there and never been teleported like that.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid.

Yeah, that boss laying down big red circles and telegraphing where his attacks are going to hit is really difficult. I honestly don't know how you're supposed to avoid everything - I mean, you have to move from side to side and backwards and forwards sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Not sure if trolling or just stupid.
    Sorry? Reporting an issue with an instance is "stupid"? I think you're the one that's trolling. Obviously the tone of these forums is very different to what it was when I was playing last year.

FWIW, the solution to this was to log out WHILE being massacred by the boss, then sign back in and re-queue for the instance. It started from just before the last boss, and this time I made sure to kill him first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Yeah, that boss laying down big red circles and telegraphing where his attacks are going to hit is really difficult. I honestly don't know how you're supposed to avoid everything - I mean, you have to move from side to side and backwards and forwards sometimes...
    Another one who obviously did not read my original post. Or didn't comprehend it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Kitten View Post
    Obviously the tone of these forums is very different to what it was when I was playing last year.
    The tone of the threads starts with the OP. Your OP is full of vitriol and anger, and you are practically daring people to come out and troll you, especially since you appear to be enraged to the point of unsubscribing over a bug in some of the easiest content in the game.

Shadavarian moves slowly and colorful graphics telegraph every attack he is about to do that has any risk of killing you. If you're having that much of an issue, perhaps go into a more durable spec or one capable of self-healing? Failing that, wait until tomorrow OR petition a GM for an instance reset. Also, it is to your advantage to clear all other hostile NPCs before you engage the boss so that you have the entire arena to kill Shadavarian. EDIT: You can always take the res at the platform and not re-enter the instance at all until the next day. I apologize, but I have no sympathy for you if you believe the repair bill is too expensive. You have 120 platinum, pay the cost of repairing and go kill a few dozen mobs in Shimmersand, do ONE random dungeon queue, or turn in a quest or two and you will have more than covered it. Sometimes you just have to eat a small cost when things don't go your way.

Also, in the future, if you post a thread with so much rage, you should expect trolling and/or sarcastic discourse, and if you attack everyone who replies, then yes, the "tone" of the forums will go significantly against you.
    Last edited by MajPayne21; 02-14-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Tenethar -- Cleric -- Justicar Tank/Inquisicar/DPS
    Officer of <Static> -- 11/11 HK -- Wolfsbane PvE

weird bug i guess, certainly not a common one.
    usually the best way is to submit a bug report in game. the forums are not really rhe best way to get devs attention. the bug report is a direct line to devs, the gm ticket is a direct line to someone outside of a game with almost zero ability to do anything remotely helpful outside of item transfers

if you get removed from the instance r click the lil icon under the mini map and 'enter'.
    saves a hike.

if you have troubles, do the 1st quest sapping unbound and get the reward item then sap yourself a caster unbound elite, use this one to get yourself an elite unbound knight. ( or just get one of these guys 1st)
    these guys can tank hard out. throw some heals at it if you have them after you've capped it and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 02-14-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    who took my names!

weird bug i guess, certainly not a common one.
    usually the best way is to submit a bug report in game. the forums are not really rhe best way to get devs attention. the bug report is a direct line to devs, the gm ticket is a direct line to someone outside of a game with almost zero ability to do anything remotely helpful outside of item transfers

if you get removed from the instance r click the lil icon under the mini map and 'enter'.
    saves a hike.

if you have troubles, do the 1st quest sapping unbound and get the reward item then sap yourself a caster unbound elite, use this one to get yourself an elite unbound knight. ( or just get one of these guys 1st)
    these guys can tank hard out. throw some heals at it if you have them after you've capped it and you should be good to go.
    OP was talking about the Ascention chronicle.
    However the advice stands, you can just res, heal and use the interface to get back in.
    There sounds like more than one bug here, I didn't know it was possible to die in the Ascention chronicle. You probably got a world 1st fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Shadavarian does damage?

Quote Originally Posted by MajPayne21 View Post
    The tone of the threads starts with the OP. Your OP is full of vitriol and anger, and you are practically daring people to come out and troll you, especially since you appear to be enraged to the point of unsubscribing over a bug in some of the easiest content in the game.
    Who's unsubscribing? I'm paid up until November. Been a subscriber since April last year.

Shadavarian moves slowly and colorful graphics telegraph every attack he is about to do that has any risk of killing you. If you're having that much of an issue
    As my OP clearly says, I was not having an issue with difficulty. I was having an issue with being ported back into the instance right under the boss without the chance to heal, re-start buffs etc etc. I thought it was incredibly bad design. Turned out it's most likely a bug, which I only learned when the first reply appeared. A helpful reply, unlike most of the others here with the exception of the two below yours.

Also, in the future, if you post a thread with so much rage, you should expect trolling and/or sarcastic discourse
    Rage? Where was there rage? Frustration, yes. Not "rage". Quit being one of those tiresome forum police types.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    However the advice stands, you can just res, heal and use the interface to get back in.
    There sounds like more than one bug here, I didn't know it was possible to die in the Ascention chronicle. You probably got a world 1st fwiw.
    Well, the first replier said they'd died in there as well, so I don't think I was being all THAT innovative ;)

Clearly I ran across a bug of some kind and what SHOULD have happened when I ran back in after rezzing was for the fight to start again from just before engaging that boss, rather than dump me right in the thick of it. That's what was frustrating and puzzling me, and while I inadvertently found a solution myself (logging out mid-fight) thanks to yourself as well as Pixel Monkey and Acanis for actually being helpful

herpderp mb i had the wrong place altogether my bad haha
    idk what theyre called i just kill them.
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Shadavarian does damage?
    This... if you take more than 0 damage you're doing something horribly wrong.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Chronicle boss killed you..? Oh... i see why you play WoW...

ITT: WoW baddie whos been catered to with easy, bottable content crying when something in another game is too hard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast