+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can you really solo chronicles?

Shadowlander

Default Can you really solo chronicles?

Devs have said that "advanced" players can solo chronicles. I'm a 50 mage with a mix of dungeon T2 and pvp rank 2 gear. Is it possible to solo any of the chronicles? I attempted it a couple of times and I died... a lot. But I've been away from the game for a while and it could just be because I'm rusty.

Would appreciate some player feedback before I run up my healer bill too much.

Ascendant

It's quite easy for me on both my mage and my warrior.

Tips:
    1) Go for defensive builds. For a mage, try Necro/Lock or Chloro/Lock.
    2) If necessary, pull slowly.
    3) Cooldowns, pots, etc are your friend if you're of a lower gear level.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Solo them on my Cleric, Shaman/justicar crafted "epic" chest and shoulders, EI quest line pants and a few pieces of lowbie pvp gear so resonable but nothing flash. Only problem i see is by the time you can solo them the drops are less than what your wearing to do so.

So yes it can be done with average/good equipment but your probably better getting a friend to help

It takes making a custom soloing build. You can't just roll in there in your DPS spec and solo them, but if you spec for it you can definitely solo a chronicle in your gear, or at least very close to it.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    It takes making a custom soloing build. You can't just roll in there in your DPS spec and solo them, but if you spec for it you can definitely solo a chronicle in your gear, or at least very close to it.
    Of course, eventually you can just faceroll them in a DPS spec but by that point the drops are beyond useless.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post
    Of course, eventually you can just faceroll them in a DPS spec but by that point the drops are beyond useless.
    Well sure, but for someone asking the OP's question, one can assume your statement does not apply.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Plane Touched

Advanced players shouldn't solo chronicles.

They should pull every single mob and aoe them down :P

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Also helps to know what calling you are.

I have mostly HK gear, so it's not an issue with chlorolock on my mage (just a little slow deeps-wise).
    My rogue is starting to pick up HK gear, but you can do it easily with sin/bd/rs.
    Clerics (I am told) have it relatively easy.
    Warriors (again, I am told) have to be kind of tactical about it and possibly weaponswitch.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

On my cleric I soloed both GSB and HK chronicles a few hours after I hit lvl 50 with the Duracell spec (shaman/justicar/inquisitor). As a warrior it's a little harder, depending on your build. If you're a tank it's fairly easy, albeit slow. I can solo all of them, including the new RoS one, with my raid DPS paragon spec now, too.

I imagine it's also very doable with mage/rogue using some form of chloro/bard build, or just nuking hard if you have good gear.
    Stridsvogn - Warrior [Tank] of MOIRAE @ Icewatch EU
    ---
    DH 4/4 | GP 4/4 | RotP 4/4 | GSB 5/5 | |RoS 5/5 | HK 11/11

By the time you can solo them easily, the only reason you're doing so is for the $$ anyway IMO

For the OP though, if you want to, as mentioned, find a survival build and pull slowly till you know what you can handle.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Plane Touched

I used to be able to solo HK with my old standard soloing 51 RB / 15 PAL wearing T2 gear with a few T1 pieces, so it's not *that* hard. Didn't do one in ages but more recently I went back in now covered in T3 with the odd T4. I tried my new standard 51 RB / 15 CHA and got my *** kicked and my raid RW spec and got my *** kicked. So yeah, a DPS/Defensive hybrid seems to be the way to go.

Never could get GSB solo... the trash is ok but the werewolves boss would just utterly dominate me, it wasn't even close.
    LEVEL 50 ETH WARRIOR TANK - BLOODIRON
    DH 4/4 | GP 4/4 | GSB 5/5 (Conq) | RoS 5/5 (Conq) | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

I finally got to try the RoS Chronicle last night with a friend. He's got some HK gear and was running his warrior DPS build (2H RW) while I was running my Day 2 Day solo build (25 Sin/21 RS/20 BD). I'm in a hybrid Crafted (Deathbringer x3)/T3 (Durnes) pcs gear. I was surprised at how survivable my build was on its own. My friend ended up have to drink quite often while I was none stop blink and go from mob to mob.

I'm going to experiment with it more today but I think I can pretty much solo that chronicle and perhaps the others as well.

I'd run them just for the $ as well as incidental drops to fill in for my secondary roles (tank) on my toon.

Curious to see how this turns out!
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

Plane Walker

Full HK gear, with pyro chloro I literally just pull everything I can and aoe it all down as said previously.
    Radiant Spores + Firestorm FTW
    It gets boring though so I don't generally do them much.

I can more than solo chronicles; I only use half of me. I don't know what to call it.
    Last edited by Europe; 02-14-2012 at 05:29 AM.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Plane Walker

Running 26Sin/22RS/18BD in full HK relic I can solo any of the chronicles with about zero effort. I typically pull everything in sight to the nearest available boss and AE the hell out of everything.

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I kinda have to damn near intentionally attempt to die in order to do so.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast