+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lord Greenscale - Problems tanking

Plane Touched

Default Lord Greenscale - Problems tanking

Hello,
    i'm having mainly problems tanking Lord GSB (last boss of GSB raid).

When he does the debuff nexious funes and after some seconds i die.

Any ideas what i should do ? Is that debuff cleansable?
    Is there a way to avoid that debuff? What am i doing so wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Simos View Post
    Hello,
    i'm having mainly problems tanking Lord GSB (last boss of GSB raid).

When he does the debuff nexious funes and after some seconds i die.

Any ideas what i should do ? Is that debuff cleansable?
    Is there a way to avoid that debuff? What am i doing so wrong?
    It mostly depends on your healers. When we were learning the encounter we ran 2 purifiers rotating shield cooldowns on the main tank. Also, you should have a full life resist sigil if you are under-geared for the encounter. You basically get a debuff that makes you take less healing, so shielding becomes the best way of keeping you up, specially at the end when he can potentially have many pollen stacks(which increases his damage done to you).
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

ise your personal cooldown, use cleric cooldown, use a 51 purifier, use a full life resist sigil

Ya, the solution is a Purifier healer. The shields will keep you up.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Use better gear and get healed through it, otherwise you could tank swap as it was designed for 3 tanks way back when.

Addiction: Rift: Section Guild Leader

http://www.addictguild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dashra View Post
    Use better gear and get healed through it, otherwise you could tank swap as it was designed for 3 tanks way back when.
    You mean 2 tanks rotating on the debuff while it ran out?(and of course the plant tank)
    Last edited by intrinsc; 02-13-2012 at 12:19 AM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

51 Puri or 34 Puri/32 Sent. I prefer using the latter simply because I like serendipity. The shields don't get affected by the healing debuff so it really helps, especially since every restorative flame (1.5-3 secs on a 34 puri/32 sent) will give Ancestral Flame ( a shield ).

34/32 also has the benefit of Healer's Covenant: Reduces damage taken by 40% for 10s. Cooldown is 2m, but it is instant and the debuff that appears which stops others from casting Healer's Covenant only lasts 1m or so, so you can have two 34/32 healers alternating between breaths.

In the periods where both your 34/32 healers can't get covenant up, they can use Healer's Haste from the sentinel tree to reduce the cast time of their next 5 healing spells by 30 secs. Including a few serendipity procs (serendipity in the sentinel tree gives 40% chance to reduce cast time of your next heal by 1.5 secs), you'll get a ton of heals and ancestral flame shields out.

To top it off, the sentinel tree also has Touch the Light which provides instacast healing for the next heal. You can also keep Ward of the Ancestors from purifier tree on the tank, to absorb some extra damage (stacks with ancestral flame) for a bit and Searing transfusion (increase current and max health of target by 25% of the cleric's max health) just to give your tank extra survivability.

You can also keep Latent Blaze from the purifier tree to restore a large amount of hp if the tank drops below 30% hp.

In short, the synergies between sent and purifier are great, and a 34/32 sent/puri is really good for the purposes of keeping a tank alive against Greenscale.

General of Telara

Any puri healer (that is using shielding essences and shield trinket if possible) should really have an easy time keeping you up. You probably only had some sent/warden or chloros on you, meaning they all had their effectiveness reduced by 75% (debuff doesn't affect shield)

You shouldnt die from fume unless you specced into 51 WL

We first started downing LGS we had a total of 5 healers. One 51purifier (tank heals only), one 3xsentinel/3xwarden (on tank heals, throwing ae hots, and cycling HCv on the tank), 2 chloros (one running synth on LGS tank, one running group heals), and one double Brez senticar (on raid heals, mandate heals on the tank, HCv rotation on tank,). That should defiantly give you enough healing power to get through the fight. As many others mentioned Life resist is a pretty big deal to for the tank in that fight the more life resist the easier the fight.

HCv= Healers Covenant, I added the v so as not to confuse with Healing Communion.
    Last edited by kliknik; 02-13-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isn’t a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by InuNoTaishou View Post
    You shouldnt die from fume unless you specced into 51 WL
    Not true.
    I've run it with a fresh 51 warlord.

Been awhile since I've been in GSB, but the only cooldown I remember being called for was healer's covenant... You also should only have to death with breath like... twice, the entire fight, after the most recent gear buffs.

Have been in multiple pugs w/ only 1 ground phase.
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Rift Disciple

Get a rogue tank.

Plane Walker

Don't really think there's an easy way with how Warriors don't have any actual cooldowns that mitigate damage (does Singularity or Fusion of Flesh still worK?)

What we used to do is we would have 1st Breath is Purifier 51 point CD, Secnd breath would be Healer's Covenant, and third CD if needed would be Singularity / Fusion of Flesh.
    Akx - Blackout@Deepwood
    http://riftblackout.com

51 Purifier = WIN

+ Reply to Thread