Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trion please lower the HP on the magus on the zilas fight

Just an add to my previous post (Edit timed out)
    Note:
    • Magus can be stunned twice. Once in the first 'section' of the lighted area, and once in the second 'section' of the lighted area.
    • Get one person each that you can trust, for each side.
    • Have 5 people per side to pay attention to Spirits/Magus
    • Have everyone hotkey target macros for Spirit and Magus, and /focus Zilas so nobody accidentally sets off crystal by accident.
    • During the last phase, pay attention to where the black ghost is - it will always have a Magus appear; so dps down the black ghost fast so you can stun the magus again.
    • A good idea to use MMs for the stuns, as during run phase they should be able to have enough range to even reach the top crystals.
    • If your dps is lacking, get more people to concentrate on each side and even throw those in the middle into the mix - i.e. "Everyone to Magus".
    • Get someone on each side (preferably the stunners) to call out when a magus is coming; We use raid warnings and calls just to make sure so people can prepare to run towards the magus and dps it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    That or either please increase the amount of time in which they spawn. After the first 2 magus's they start to spawn like 5 seconds after you kill one, its ridonkulous.

Hey, this is actually quite an easy fight. We killed this boss with only having 6 items from murdantix and ZERO hammerknell gear

How we do this fight:
    2 tanks
    2 healers (a 51 chloro and a cleric, the raid takes hardly damage, its just the tank and dispelling!!)
    Mark one person in the raid with high awereness, who u can trust to stack on during the laser phase.
    Mark the left crystal with 7, and the right crystal with 8. That way u can call the sides with numbers, so people dont get confused with left and right.

Have one rogue on the leftside, have him check for white ghosts. Stun it if it does the Dark Volley, and try to kill it. Have one ranged help him with that. We usually have a mage with him.
    Same for the rightside.
    Also when a black ghost spwns, interupt the whiteghost, but kill the black one asap.
    You know have the ghost thing covered.

Now make an AoE team, with your gear, you should have 3 AoE-ers. Back then we used either 2 cabicars and a Stormcaller, or 2 stormcallers and a cabicar. Those are full-raw aoe classes, and if they are streaming nonstop AOE, you should have a maximum of 2 adds up, and allways at least one.
    You now have the aoe thing covered

Still 9 players to assign

Now make sure the interupt duty is taken care off. The add tank can interupt an imp, but have somebody (a warrior?) help him interupt the Cede Spirit.
    You now have the interupt duty covered

There is a crystal you can shoot with something instant like 'searing vitality' which will stun a mob if the mob is near the crystal. We usually let our archon do it, since he's allways got time to spare. This is a very important task! He has to make sure the magus gets stunned!
    You now have somebody stunning the magus

Soo, now the magus team. Have 4 people look out for the magus, and as soon as its within reach and stunned, kill it! If you have warriors left, then they actually gotta crawl up to hit it, make sure they dont slack :P The rogue on the whiteghost duty could also help on the magus AFTER he kills his ghost.
    You now have the magus team covered

Now there are 2 people left, we usually have a cleric fulltime on the boss for clinging spirits, u know the extra magic damage. And another guy just dpsing the boss. These 2 people dont do much, so they have time to look around, have one of them mark the magus AS SOON as it spwns with 1.
    These 2 people can dps the boss, but also help on an ocasional magus or white ghost.

Now everything is covered. This is the only boss in hammerknell we assign like very very specific jobs, and especially when you have NO hk gear, its VERY important each person sticks with his job and does NOT try to help the other. Only do this when you are 100% sure you wont fail your own job.

Have the raidleader call out when a magus is aproaching the platform, and ask everybody to help on the magus. EXCEPT the whiteghost rogues, they need to stun the whiteghosts. Have the archon still watching the crystals for a 2nd magus because it needs to be stunned!

There, this should help a lot

Also make sure that your dpsers (warriors, rogues, mages) do 1500+ DPS on the targetdummy, they might perform worse in a raid enviroment because of stress and moving. But if they cant reach 1500+ dps on the dummy, they are doing something wrong with gsb/ros/tier1 raid gear.
    AFK Member of Favouritism
    Founder of The Fabled on EU-Icewatch

Plane Touched

Wow, I think some guys are overthinking zilas.

All warriors, 1 cabalist and/or stormcaller are on the boss at all times. They are responsible for AoEing down adds and burning zilas.

1 MM on each side whose only job is white ghosts. Kill them, interrupt dark volley. Help on mages when they come to your side.

1 "raid runner" (who is frequently also the raid caller in voice chat). This person is responsbile for standing so that he/she can see the mage spawn area (the entrance to the room). They call "Mage left/right (we use raid/tank side b/c we tank zilas facing sideways) first/second floor" and ALL ranged DPS who are NOT on ghosts or zilas (everyone but your wars and ghost MMs) go to the appropriate side.

Your raid runner is responsible for using an instant cast spell (preferably with no travel time, like Sanction Heretic, Excommunicate, etc) to stun the crystal RIGHT as the mage steps on the platform. Ranged DPS burn the mage. Raid runner helps burn the mage but then re-targets the appropriate crystal for second stun.

If you have to do the beam run while the mage is up, your raid runner (who should be very responsible) pre-targets the crystal and tries for a second stun. You can also have a backup stunner to coordinate in raid chat if the raid runner can't get it.

If you miss the second (or first) stun due to beam running, have ALL ranged except ghost MMs run to the end of the bridge to meet the mage as soon as the beam ends. If the mage makes it halfway down the bridge, have all the melee peel and burn the mage.

We don't even DPS down the black ghosts, we just have all ranged train on the mage and chase, then we get back for run phase (you have to "learn" where the maximum distance is so that you can safely get back to the run phase. If you get too far you'll die) and then just meet the mage at the bridge after the run phase.

You can really do zilas with 6-8 competent mage killers and one very good "raid runner" to call out sides and handle the stuns.
    Last edited by MajPayne21; 02-13-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    Tenethar -- Cleric -- Justicar Tank/Inquisicar/DPS
    Officer of <Static> -- 11/11 HK -- Wolfsbane PvE

Cant tell if serious.....

Default What i do to halp

My raid has Group 4 on "head hunter duty" they kill magi

I as the archon am not in group 4 BUT i do follow them and debuf magi as the extra damage makes them die even faster

also 1 time we had 4 warriors just chop them the whole fight that worked well

Heres my advice. Get better DPS and kill Zilas in under 2mins, before even having to worry about a magus.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    Heres my advice. Get better DPS and kill Zilas in under 2mins, before even having to worry about a magus.
    o.O how much dps does that take?

As everyone said, try to get your raid to learn the fight better.

If they all read Rift Strats to ensure they all understand every mechanic, you can bet that they will get past it so much easier to the point of facerolling. We one shot Zilas our first time cause our whole raid did their homework, and after that it got more and more easy due to gearing up.

Now we ignore Magus half the time, and can just kill them when they get close to the platform, due to much higher dps compared to when we first started. We still kill em when it is convenient @ crystal, but lots of time we just wanna have more burn time on boss or have to run around lazor thingy... either way, GL, just have em do their homework! :P

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawPlankton View Post
    o.O how much dps does that take?
    6.8 million /2mins = 3.4 million
    3.4million /60 = 56666.6666

so 56.6k DPS

Health / Time to kill it in mins / 60 = DPS needed

Like sicaron (pre nerf)
    18,0000,000 / 12/60 = 25k The old DPS needed to avoid enrage timer
    Last edited by BehemothDog; 02-13-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehemothDog View Post
    6.8 million /2mins = 3.4 million
    3.4million /60 = 56666.6666

so 56.6k DPS

Health / Time to kill it in mins / 60 = DPS needed

Like sicaron (pre nerf)
    18,0000,000 / 12/60 = 25k The old DPS needed to avoid enrage timer
    stupid edit timer

Assume also that they use 1 tank 2 healers 1 bard and 1 archon
    That leaves 15 DPS

So 56666/15 so all ST DPS would need 3777 DPS
    Drop 1 heals and thats 16 it seems like it can be done

Ascendant

Quite possibly the easiest fight in the entire instance and asking for a nerf...[EDIT]
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 02-13-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: not constructive

They already 'nerfed' the fights in HK in 1.7 aka GEAR BUFFS.

If your dps does not know how to coordinate & dps, then gl. No one can help you with that.

Pugs can kill zilas therefore you are doing something terribly wrong/ or you are a horrible raid leader.

Telaran

lol mages are piss easy stun em and beat the **** out of them
    it's not that hard

or maybe your raid members suck?

Plane Walker

If you're having trouble with dps on Magi try this
    1 mage on ghosts on left
    1 mage on ghosts on right
    1 cab or stormcaller + 1 warrior on AoE duty (even when magi are up) (warrior also responsible for imp interrupts)
    2 tanks
    3 healers? (Maybe? I don't really remember what we ran our first time, I think it was just 2...)
    Archon
    Bard

Have all other dps (leaves 9 or 10) switch to Magi. If you still can't kill them quick enough, then you have to start cutting people from your raid.

( I say mage on ghosts because I really like ghost duty, as I'm allowed to do nothing at all except stun Magi + kill ghosts... don't even attack the boss, I could, but I prefer the less violent route.)
    Plus a mage has the burst needed for ghosts, and if you get a black ghost and 2 white ghosts, you can just pop heatwave burn all 3 ghosts down, stun the Magus, and still have fireballs on your heatwave to attack the magus if you want to be super nice.

Another really important thing for low dps groups, is to double stun the Magi. That can make all the difference especially if you are melee heavy*.

*If you are melee heavy, give me 2 of your warriors, there seems to be a shortage these days.
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    See thats the problem with you guys who have HK on farm you know the whole 3% of you, why would you have to view that as a nerf?? it would be more of a convenience
    cool story.
    so what your saying is you can only kill the 2nd boss (maybe 3rd if you went for matron first) if you are already farming HK. yep i can totally see the logic in that... must kill akylios to down such a minor boss.

ill tell you whats wrong... your dps is not doin what their suppose to OR your raid leader is not telling ppl to do the right thing.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast