+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fix dungeons

Default Fix dungeons

Why does the "Leave dungeon" icon go away just because everyone else left group? It should stay there so you can leave instead of force you to sit there for a minute for a port or use a cd to get out.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

if its a constant issue..why not leave before you run into the problem?

[edit]
    Last edited by Augureze; 02-13-2012 at 05:43 AM. Reason: removed rude comments

[Edit]

My request for the proposed change is a valid one. It makes perfect sense to leave the icon there.
    Last edited by Augureze; 02-13-2012 at 05:43 AM. Reason: removed repy to a post that was removed
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

i like the idea, or at least have an exit portal at the end of every dungeon. and another thing, i'd like an option to leave group when i leave the dungeon if i quit in the middle of a dungeon for any reason. have the option under misc settings.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    [Edit]
    My request for the proposed change is a valid one. It makes perfect sense to leave the icon there.
    You're both right.

It's logical to leave the icon there, yes.

But until such a fix is implemented, you can make do with a change of habit (not being the last to leave) that can solve the issue for at least you. Not ideal, but few things are.

Badradical, unless I'm remembering wrong, there are Exit Portals at the end of each dungeon.
    I'm guessing the OP's series of problems occur somewhere near the middle of a dungeon, far away from the entry or exit portals.
    Last edited by Augureze; 02-13-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Quote was edited
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

This is actually a suggestion, so if you want to argue forum rules, you don't really have ground to stand on.
    Sorry that someone disagreed with you in a civil manner on a thread. If you want to just post your ideas and have people say "yeah, that's awesome!" maybe you should post to facebook instead, or something.. you clearly don't understand forums if you think this is "harassment."

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    [Edit]

Last edited by Augureze; 02-13-2012 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Quoted post was edited

It would be nice to have this feature (the instance icon under the mini-map) available until you leave the dungeon. This would be especially nice for raids where there is no icon.

Like Morvick said, there are portals to leave most or all dungeons. For DD you need to go back up the elevator and it unfortunately puts you outside in Gloamwood instead of porting you back to where you entered the dungeon via LFD.

but leaving dungeon before it becomes a problem is the best solution.

whats the point in staying after leaving the instance?

[Edit]

@OP, yes you have a valid request. My suggestion would be to use your soul recall to port back to your home city. At least untill they implement some type of fix for this.

[Edit]
    Last edited by Augureze; 02-13-2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: removed replies to posts that were removed

Quote Originally Posted by LockedOn666 View Post
    but leaving dungeon before it becomes a problem is the best solution.

You don't stay after you leave. Your sentence doesn't even make any sense. Do you even know what the problem here is? If you leave then you're not in the instance are you?

Let me try and explain it to you. You're the last person in the dungeon, everyone else has left and then the group disbands before you leave the instance. You can leave via the exit portals, but some of them put you out in the landscape outside the dungeon instead of where you zoned in at via LFD.

There are a few situations that can cause this: You can go back and corpse loot and harvest mobs for skins/metals. Sometimes in LFD the group disbands fast leaving one person in the instance. Mostly leaving isn't a problem. There are cases where someone can get left in.

So why not keep the icon around until you leave? Have a good reason not to argue against this? Maybe you should understand the bigger picture [edit].
    Last edited by Augureze; 02-13-2012 at 05:54 AM. Reason: removed reply to post that was edited

I personally don't see a problem with the 60 seconds it takes to leave the dungeon if I happen to not port out before everyone else has left the group.
    This only comes up if everyone is out of the group. Even if they port out of the dungeon, but stay in group, you still have the option to leave.

Personally, when I am done with a dungeon, I port out, then stay in group for another minute or two to make sure that everyone else gets the chance to leave.
    In most cases, though, there is a portal near to where you finish the dungeon. There are a couple of dungeons that don't have that, but the ending is usually on a cliff near the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldr View Post
    You don't stay after you leave. Your sentence doesn't even make any sense. Do you even know what the problem here is? If you leave then you're not in the instance are you?

Let me try and explain it to you. You're the last person in the dungeon, everyone else has left and then the group disbands before you leave the instance. You can leave via the exit portals, but some of them put you out in the landscape outside the dungeon instead of where you zoned in at via LFD.

There are a few situations that can cause this: You can go back and corpse loot and harvest mobs for skins/metals. Sometimes in LFD the group disbands fast leaving one person in the instance. Mostly leaving isn't a problem. There are cases where someone can get left in.

So why not keep the icon around until you leave? Have a good reason not to argue against this? Maybe you should understand the bigger picture [edit].
    sounds like you got stuck in a dungeon once or twice.

did you learn from the mistake?
    Last edited by Augureze; 02-13-2012 at 05:55 AM. Reason: fixed quoted post. It was edited

Plane Touched

Not all dungeons have portals... would be a good idea to give the rest of them an exit, really don't know why some do and some don't! An easily reached entrance portal is also fine.

IT: Has a 'way out' so that's fine
    RotF: Has a Portal
    LH: Has a Portal

FC: Entrance isn't too far to the way out, but can be dangerous with remaining trash
    KB: No portal, fair distance to way out

AP: Portal
    CC: No portal and a bloody long way out!
    RD: Portal?
    DSM: Long way out
    DD: Portal up the elevator
    CR: Bloody long way out (don't think there's a portal?)

So really it's a couple of specific instances which need looked at.
    LEVEL 50 ETH WARRIOR TANK - BLOODIRON
    DH 4/4 | GP 4/4 | GSB 5/5 (Conq) | RoS 5/5 (Conq) | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by LockedOn666 View Post
    [Edit]

In his defense though, LEAVE THE DUNGEON BEFORE THE PARTY DISBANDS!
    Last edited by Augureze; 02-13-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: removed reply to quoted post that was modified

Some of the dugeons have a exit portal at the end of them, but I did noticed not ALL have them. Trion should make a portal to exit out when you finish last boss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast