+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rune King Molinar and Prince Dolin

Default Rune King Molinar and Prince Dolin

Hey we recently killed Sicaron and are going onto RKM Dolin now we did decent I guess for first night on him best attempt was 35 percent however he had 3 stacks of Runic Vengance and we wiped soon after. We really have trouble with the Forgotten Steward so Im posting for hopefully some clarification or tips or flames I guess ill explain it as I read in no way is this correct, when Crystal spawns we have the melee get buff then allow the next Frightening Shout off, this allows the people with buff to see the Forgotten Steward? Now I thought I read they were changed do they need to be dpsed and positioned still? Really any tips on this and any other mechanics would be super helpfull We set up 2 dedicated Interupters for Consuming Essence and got Cursed Blows down pact. Still dont have much experience with last phase so really wanna figure out Forgotten Stewards so we can enter last 40 percent with no stacks of Runic Vengance. Thanks again for reading any and all tips for mechanics and raid comp are greatly appreciated. Have a good weekend, Thanks!!
    Booglez@Briarcliff
    Vaighn@Briarcliff
    Formerly of Tortheldrin in WoW
    Guinevere/Percival Hib/Mid DAoC.

Rift Disciple

When a revenant dies a square pops.

The steward is up regardless.

After the revenant did is when you let 1 shout off so you can get the crystal buff; shout going off= crystal comes up.

3-4 melee get the buff and kill the steward near the square.

Complete

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Your interrupters are probably interrupting too many Frightening Shouts before 40 percent.

After the Incorporeal Revenant dies, you have to let the first Frightening Shout go off to allow for you to quickly remove the square that spawned after the add dies. You can fall behind by 1-2 squares, but not too much more if you haven't gotten a kill.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

And what will suffice 3-4 melee doing this killing the Forgotten Steward and is there much positioning to it? Like do they have to bring it to the edge of one of the squares?
    Booglez@Briarcliff
    Vaighn@Briarcliff

Plane Touched

Use 2 good warriors and make sure they are the first cleanse priority.

1. Revenant spawns, everyone kills it. This causes a Steward to spawn, you just can't see it.
    2. Let a Shout go off.
    3. Have 1-3 people step in the crystal to be able to see the steward. It's completely doable with 1 person, we use 2 people, you might want to use 3 if you're uncomfortable.
    4. Those people find the steward, pull it, and drag it to about a foot away from the purple square.
    5. Kill the steward.
    6. ???
    7. Profit!
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

thanks all!
    Booglez@Briarcliff
    Vaighn@Briarcliff

I would like to know when the doors to him open up. Is it straight after murdantix or do you also have to have killed grug and sic first?
    Warrior Tank of:
    <Imperium> - IcewatchEU
    TotDQ [4/4], FT [4/4], EE [5/5]
    Hardmodes [Zaviel / Kain]

www.imperium.co

Shield of Telara

Zilas, Matron, and Molinar are all accessible after you kill Murdantix (3 different 'wings' of HK).

Quote Originally Posted by Booglez View Post
    thanks all!
    quick last tip.
    your tank should be able to solo interrupt Frightening Shout, that way he can guarantee when it goes off to kill the Steward. Then you only have to worry about helping interrupt duty on king for Consuming Essence after 40%. Before that, everyone can concentrate on their DPS targets, staying out of AoE, staying away from Cursed Blows.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Ascendant

I have a quick question about Cursed Blows, that I probably should already know the answer to but whatever - You don't really have to "kite" him do you? Everyone just needs to run 10+m away and then can run right back in? The damage isn't a cone shape in front of him or anything right?
    Last edited by mattya802; 02-15-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    I have a quick question about Cursed Blows, that I probably should already know the answer to but whatever - You don't really have to "kite" him do you? Everyone just needs to run 10+m away and then can run right back in? The damage isn't a cone shape in front of him or anything right?
    Correct, with the exception of the tank. Anyone standing under 10m away will get 2-3k dmg a tick, over 10m and it is 1k or lower a tick. The tank should start to pre-kite Molinar (dont be in melee range when he Cursed Blows starts!) in a small circle away from people otherwise he will get a debuff that takes extra damage from Curse Blows... massive dmg per tick. Highly geared HK tanks may be able to heal their tank through this, but typically the tank still hast to kite.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    when CB goes off there is an invisible zone that is under where RKM was standing when the cast finished. That zone is where you get stacks of the dmg debuff. Stay out of the zone and you're golden, however the closer you are to him the more the dmg ramps up. As a tank a small kite will drop the ticks by about 300 dmg per dps will see double the drop(+/-)

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    Correct, with the exception of the tank. Anyone standing under 10m away will get 2-3k dmg a tick, over 10m and it is 1k or lower a tick. The tank should start to pre-kite Molinar (dont be in melee range when he Cursed Blows starts!) in a small circle away from people otherwise he will get a debuff that takes extra damage from Curse Blows... massive dmg per tick. Highly geared HK tanks may be able to heal their tank through this, but typically the tank still hast to kite.
    the tank can live through a stack easily 2-3 with focused healers with CDs more than that the tank is going down.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    I don't typically pre-kite, I just wait until it goes off and never had an issue, nor has our guild, I was just curious because kiting him in a little semi circle seems pointless, even though I still do it lol

So even within 10m, the damage ramps up the closer you are?
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast