+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Traciatim

Thread: Dungeon Changes

Soulwalker

Default Dungeon Changes

So I leveled this little cleric because I'm having fun with the class. Now I'm trying to gear her up. I want to run dungeons to get marks to buy gear.
    Problem is, there are no more T1's. I go for random expert and get the pug players who are furious because I'm not having raid gear, but blues and a few random purples I picked up along the way. My heals ain't enough.
    Stupid question: In order to get gear to run expert dungeons, do I have to raid first?

Banned

No, the players are being idiots. If you meet the requirements for the LFG tool you can do the dungeons. They are mad that they can't face roll the thing in 10 minutes like they had hoped. If they wanted to do that they should have built a team that can do it and queued with all 5 players.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    No, the players are being idiots. If you meet the requirements for the LFG tool you can do the dungeons. They are mad that they can't face roll the thing in 10 minutes like they had hoped. If they wanted to do that they should have built a team that can do it and queued with all 5 players.
    You are saying what I'm thinking.. but then I can't really pick and chose through randoms. I'm almost at the point of looking at the tank and when I see he got HK gear just to drop group. But then I got the 30 minute lock out.
    Just don't know what to do anymore, because it really is miserable to be in such a group, but I haven't been able to get any others in the last 3 days at least.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Agreed. If someone queues for a pug group, then they will just have to deal with whatever they are given. If they don't like it, then they can just drop group or learn to queue with a full group of their own choice if they want to avoid frustrations.

With that said, people should check each others gear first before pulling so they know whether they can chain pull large mobs, etc.

Telaran

It's very simple. Queue as dps/support and get carried.

Also super easy way to have enough gear is to get the transplanar set for a few insribeds, if you dont have the money for any decent crafted pieces. If you can't heal a t2 in the transplanar set, maybe practice healing a bit first in pvp or something.
    Last edited by Millia; 02-09-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

I would gladly run the freshest 50 through an expert, so long as I can tell they are trying. Those guys just want to knock out their daily quickly, and getting all upset that they might have to try a little bit.

Don't let it get you down.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    With that said, people should check each others gear first before pulling so they know whether they can chain pull large mobs, etc.
    I'm actually saying that usually at the beginning, kind of "hey watch it, I just got to 50 and my gear isn't up to your level" but that usually goes unnoticed or is responded to with a moan. Well it was in those 5 groups I had since she hit 50.

Champion of Telara

Don't forget, you can also do chronicles. They were ment to be for fresh 50s with appropriate gear in them. Duo and you should be able to walk away with some gear from them too pre-expert.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Millia View Post
    It's very simple. Queue as dps/support and get carried.

Also super easy way to have enough gear is to get the transplanar set for a few insribeds, if you dont have the money for any decent crafted pieces. If you can't heal a t2 in the transplanar set, maybe practice healing a bit first in pvp or something.
    I seriously didn't have trouble healing and I pvp quite a bit and am usually top or second to top healer in the warfronts. The problem is tanks who chain pull or dps who doesn't want to deal with the mechanics in boss fights but just expect to be 'healed through it' and that I don't have at this point. And frankly once I have it the dungeons aren't much fun anymore, if there's no challenge, it's boring.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ararelin View Post
    You are saying what I'm thinking.. but then I can't really pick and chose through randoms. I'm almost at the point of looking at the tank and when I see he got HK gear just to drop group. But then I got the 30 minute lock out.
    Just don't know what to do anymore, because it really is miserable to be in such a group, but I haven't been able to get any others in the last 3 days at least.
    I'm a tank in mid-HK gear (no relics, no 4-pc), and I pretty much don't need a healer. Most runs we use an icar as the only healer.

Basically, between trinket and self-heals I'm getting about 200 HPS, and the icar is typically only doing about 200 HPS healing.

If you can't keep a tank in HK gear up, one of the two of you is doing something VERY wrong. Its entirely possible the tank is in a tank/DPS hybrid as well as expecting you to heal through him standing in the fire.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

+ Reply to Thread