+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Akylios breath help

Lic
    Rift Disciple

Default Akylios breath help

Is there an easy way of deciding where the breath is going being in melee?

Champion

It takes a few attempts to get it down, but if you play zoomed out, its pretty easy to tell which direction he will be going with it.

Might help your raid out, if you have one person who is good at recognizing it calling it out over mumble/vent

Ascendant

Put the camera on the ground and look up at his underside.
    Zoom all the way out so that you can see the base of both of his front tentacles.
    If his right tentacle raises, he's going to breathe to your left.
    If his left raises he's going to breathe to your right.
    If both raise, he's going to breathe middle.

Your team should be camped to his left or right, so you should only have to move a third of the time. Then it's just a matter of having a visual memory of the only configuration you need to move for. It'll look like he's staring down at you.

Raid heals should get you though some mistake if you're a bit late to the game, but not more than a tic or two. Biggest thing to watch is to accidentally move if he's breathing middle. Not a big deal, just run all the way to the other side and you should survive.

Ascendant

Watch kill videos and watch how his head moves for each direction, it gets pretty easy to recognize what direction if you're zoomed all the way out.

it take us a couple of day ( or more for some of us ) but once you got it it's pretty easy to see it

Champion

we just have 1 reliable person designated to call breath. As long as you don't stand in the breath for more than a few ticks your healers should be able to get you through it. You can have melee on Aky's right side and if breath gets called right there is a little place off to the side that is safe for people to go away from the breath.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Our melee group stands kind of to the left of Akylios's mouth...thing. You then really just have to watch the left tentacle in front of you - if he lifts it, run to the other side; otherwise, stay put.

But again, watch what works and then just learn how to anticipate. It's all about watching the tentacles.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Rift Disciple

u can also tweak your rift config file so u can zoom out even more. makes it even easier to see. also helps u for the waves.

I made this video to help with calling of breaths and zooming out in general. I hope it helps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1vPD4I5b8

As far as breaths, we found that there are three general things to look for to determine direction. Of course, you get better with practice as the more you see them the more automatic your brain gets in recognizing movements and therefore directions.

Breath Left(when he is breathing down the left side of the platform as you look at him): This one is easy. He lifts the tentacle he has on the platform, the tentacle to your left, way up in the air.

Breath Middle: He leaves both tentacles of his which are hugging the platform right on the platform and just lifts his head right up.

Breath Right: He lifts his right tentacle slightly up, but the most obvious sign is his tilting of his head in that direction.

During all both left and right he does what I like to call a "fake" move in that direction. He sort of stutters his body in a jerky motion to that side. That is nitpicking, but just something I noticed after so many attempts.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Sword of Telara

We have all melee stand on the left because Breath Left is bey far the easiest to spot with the largest reaction time.

If you look closely (from range) you will see him looking in an obvious manner to the left side when he still has to do his "headbop" before breathing. I'm always calling breaths and this makes it easier for melee to move, as vent lag is much less of an issue. Compare:

"Breath.....right"
    "Breath.....center"
    "Breath LEFT"
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by The Flaming View Post
    u can also tweak your rift config file so u can zoom out even more. makes it even easier to see. also helps u for the waves.
    Isn't that against TOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
    Isn't that against TOS?
    That isn't against anything. Modifying how many cores the game uses isn't against TOS and neither is that.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    That isn't against anything. Modifying how many cores the game uses isn't against TOS and neither is that.
    I think it only affects how much other cores utilized actually. Doeesnt help much tbh. Stuck with a low single core performing amd quadcore no amount of tweaking can help. The engine is just badly written for multithreading
    Saddest thing of all is trion havent made a single improvement on that area since release
    Last edited by Alex113; 02-14-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    I think it only affects how much other cores utilized actually. Doeesnt help much tbh. Stuck with a low single core performing amd quadcore no amount of tweaking can help. The engine is just badly written for multithreading
    Saddest thing of all is trion havent made a single improvement on that area since release
    You should graduate to at least a second gen core i7. I used to run an amd phenom II X6 1100t and it was trash compared to the 2600k.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

+ Reply to Thread