+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Expert Dungeon difficult? Not anymore...imo...

Default Expert Dungeon difficult? Not anymore...imo...

I was curious if there would ever be any word on them maybe buffing up the hp or maybe some of the damage the bosses do in the experts? I have been in expert DD where Scarn is killed BEFORE he ever goes into a flight phase. Now, I'm all for getting through an expert quickly but I'd realllly love to be able to actually -work- for it. With the recent buffs to stats and dps, I was wondering if maybe we could get a wee bit buff to the bosses in experts? Maybe I'm just crazy but I like to conquer hard things! Beating Plutonous before he even does the walls for a 2nd or third time is just...well sad. : ) Just a little suggestion from lil ole' Louloo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    I didn't think Plutonus knew such large words.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Crucia's weird like that. She likes to mess with people's heads. Don't worry; you are not going crazy. ...or are you?

Rift Chaser

Expert Dungeons are stepping stones . If they are too easy move up to Master Mode dungeons . If those are too easy move up to raids.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mikanori View Post
    I was curious if there would ever be any word on them maybe buffing up the hp or maybe some of the damage the bosses do in the experts? I have been in expert DD where Scarn is killed BEFORE he ever goes into a flight phase. Now, I'm all for getting through an expert quickly but I'd realllly love to be able to actually -work- for it. With the recent buffs to stats and dps, I was wondering if maybe we could get a wee bit buff to the bosses in experts? Maybe I'm just crazy but I like to conquer hard things! Beating Plutonous before he even does the walls for a 2nd or third time is just...well sad. : ) Just a little suggestion from lil ole' Louloo.
    If people are accomplishing this wearing blue and green quest items with maybe one or two epic items from the dungeons themselves then there is a concern. Otherwise you're overgearing the content and surprise, it won't be difficult.

Don't forget, and think this is something people appear to be overlooking, the strength of mobs did increase with this patch. In raids and dungeons. The scaling of gear was changed and the health pools of mobs was changed to reflect this as well.
    Last edited by Racthoh; 02-07-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

Banned

Experts are designed for people with gear from level 48-50 dungeons and chronicles. If you want a challenge, go get yourself a set and give the experts a try.

Try recruiting 4 people who have not run them all 40 times and know every trick to go with you and have similar level 48-50 and chronicle gear.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Meh, it may be easier for me, but the influx of lesser geared players (because i was in T2's with better geared folks) has at least made me feel like a real tank again. I also feel like I'm really able to help groups of fresh 50's now by leading them through and helping them understand the fights. So really, even though I could crush them with equally geared folks, the influx of fresh 50's actually ADDS a challenge.

I actually wipe MORE since the nerf

Honestly, the content does need a buff. When master DD is easier than the original iterations of the expert dungeons back before the way multiple nerfs to them you know you have a problem. Fresh 50's at that time could STILL do the dungeons and did do them successfully, plus they were more fun. The only nerf to them i supported was the decrease in trash mob hp. It should be bosses that pose issues, not trash.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Eh, I've seen people with blues and greens(fresh 50s) down bosses with no issues. As I said, this is only merely my suggestions.: ) I've done the master modes and am raiding. I just feel like (even with my newest fresh 50.) its really easy for experts. Just my opinion though.
    Crucia's weird like that. She likes to mess with people's heads. Don't worry; you are not going crazy. ...or are you?

Ascendant

Over-geared content will NEVER be challenging.

Yes, many of us totally over-gear the content. At the same time this level of content is needed to gear up new players.

One of my last runs I was out dps-ing TWO newbie warriors as the tank (in a full tank build). Expert dungeons are the place for those people to learn how the game works at 50.

Given the 51-pt builds, etc. The game totally resets at 50, you need a place for new players to figure things out. That means its going to be EASY if you're raid geared.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Banned

Eh, I've seen people with blues and greens(fresh 50s) down bosses with no issues. As I said, this is only merely my suggestions.: ) I've done the master modes and am raiding. I just feel like (even with my newest fresh 50.) its really easy for experts. Just my opinion though.
    Many of the fights are fairly straight forward and as long as you don't do something silly and meet the gear requirements for the dungeon you should be fine.

Most wipes come from mechanics that people either try to ignore or don't follow properly. Even fresh 50's these days are rarely new players. Plus, unless they are tank or healer the group will generally finish the fight anyway if they are new and die to a mechanic.

Also, most groups I've been in have someone that is HK geared, which makes most content there trivial anyway.

Champion

They are too easy, the last MMO I played was LOTRO, in that the equivlent dungeons (the bunch in Moria) were far more difficult in comparision.
    Last edited by Flimble; 02-07-2012 at 01:00 PM.

"Guys... I am in full relics, and THE DUNGEON'S FOR FRESH 50s ARE TOO EASY!!!!!!!!!!!"

You ****ing kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by puddin View Post
    "Guys... I am in full relics, and THE DUNGEON'S FOR FRESH 50s ARE TOO EASY!!!!!!!!!!!"

You ****ing kidding me?
    First off I have only two pieces of HK gear. Shoulders and gloves. I never said it was -too- easy I just said it needed a little beefing up. No problem with making things more interesting. Also, it was just a suggestion. Please try to be a bit more...what can I say...open minded?

(Again, this is just my suggestion, it doesn't have to come true. Just as a consumer : ) I can try to help the game out just a little more)

Besides mocking you, the point of my post was also to point out that for fresh 50s, that content is still tuned well. If all content kept getting buffed to be a challenge at your gear level, new 50s would have no place to go.

Moral of the story: If you outgear content and rolling it is too boring for you, don't do it. Not every bit of content can be tuned for every person.

Ascendant

It's not like they were originally difficult, either. Only DSM was somewhat of a challenge once you learned mechanics.

People are so buffed in gear on average, you can't really say how hard they are anymore. Try it in pre-expert blues and see.

Seems like they need a T2 master dungeon or something, or preferably, a bunch of them.
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

dungeons have been more or less faceroll since I got t2 gear

I'm a bit disappointed that I never got to do any of the prenerf t2s, Had just started on t1s then, but oh well. they were pretty fun with stats just barely over the min requirements.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast