+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Murdantix Difficulty

Plane Touched

Default Murdantix Difficulty

Hello,
    we had a test run yesterday with 18man on Murdantix.

We are doing most T1 raids and for the fun we visited Murdantix and had only 1 try at him.

We did him 52% on that try and it was pretty easy till then. People died from the aoe that they were not spreaded enouph and inexperience of course.

My question is, how far more difficult is Murdantix after 50% and after 25%?

I am wondering if we do easy up to 50%, do we have chances to kill him or he is getting extremelly diificult after 25%?

Regards,
    Simos.

Telaran

Overall the Murdantix encounter is, in my opinion, fairly well balanced and a great first boss at HK. It is not at all ovetuned yet people new to HK will find him a worthy test of skills.

That said, Murdantix does get a lot more difficult under 50%. As you might already know, he will cast an interruptable skill every ~10 sec or so and it will instantly kill a few people if not interrupted. This basically means you will need two interrupters that are skilled enough to reliably not only avoid death in all forms it can come at this boss but also interrupt this skill in time.

In addition, the tar pits Murdantix spawns will increase from one at 75 to two at 50 and three at 25 and this will cause more problems. The 50-25 stage is the one that will most likely be the real test of skill in this encounter; if you can manage two tar pits, you should also manage three with a little more exercise.
    You will serve as a worthy sacrifice for my master. Revel in the madness of slaughter!

Shadowlander

Pretty important additional information:

He has a health pool of 9.5M and an enrage timer of 10 minutes.
    Raid DPS should be approximately 16-17k in order to beat this enrage timer.

Breaking this down (2 Tanks, in your case 5-6 Healer and 2 Support) means 10 DDs with an average DPS of 1,7k for each player.
    Asurah - - Primal Legion - Brutwacht PvE

GP 4/4 / ÜH 4/4 / RotP 4/4 / / / GSB 5/5 / RoS 4/4 / HK 9/10

ZOMG, Rogue, Kill! ... Wait, No, they got buff!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuplis View Post
    Overall the Murdantix encounter is, in my opinion, fairly well balanced and a great first boss at HK. It is not at all ovetuned yet people new to HK will find him a worthy test of skills.
    "I think I just threw up a little" is about as nice as I can put what I think of what I quoted.

He:

Cleaves - never seen that before, anywhere!
    is a tank swap at X stacks - Don't recall that one~
    Has an ability that needs to be interrupted - Blue bars are our friends!
    Has ground aoe to be moved out of - Fire! <3
    Knocksback - lololmelee
    Requires ranged to be spreadout - ... yeah, I guess Downpour still kills people >.>
    Buncha little swarmer adds to be picked up.

What he is is a ret... competence check. If your raid can't perform that, there's little chance of you killing anything else in HK. 16-17k dps isn't even a real dps check with the revamped and greatly bumped gear.

Interrupt, stay out of fire, stay spread, pewpew, collect loot.

Quote Originally Posted by crackeN999 View Post
    Pretty important additional information:

He has a health pool of 9.5M and an enrage timer of 10 minutes.
    Raid DPS should be approximately 16-17k in order to beat this enrage timer.

Breaking this down (2 Tanks, in your case 5-6 Healer and 2 Support) means 10 DDs with an average DPS of 1,7k for each player.
    Your pro tanks and healers apparently do a grand total of 0 dps.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    "I think I just threw up a little" is about as nice as I can put what I think of what I quoted.

He:

Cleaves - never seen that before, anywhere!
    is a tank swap at X stacks - Don't recall that one~
    Has an ability that needs to be interrupted - Blue bars are our friends!
    Has ground aoe to be moved out of - Fire! <3
    Knocksback - lololmelee
    Requires ranged to be spreadout - ... yeah, I guess Downpour still kills people >.>
    Buncha little swarmer adds to be picked up.

What he is is a ret... competence check. If your raid can't perform that, there's little chance of you killing anything else in HK. 16-17k dps isn't even a real dps check with the revamped and greatly bumped gear.

You forgot to mention Planar attunement and pretty much every class has gotten significant DPS and Tanking buffs since 1.4 and HKs opening (also all the fights have been nerfed so aoes etc dont hurt as much as they did initially.
    The introductory boss fight in HK is just like the rest of HK right now, at best 50% as hard as it originaly was. If it werent for the toughness and hit requirements a T2expert group even should be able to clear this. After all t2 expert gear is better than T1 raid gear since the noob buffs

Telaran

Eh, I could basically write the same thing about every single boss in this game.. They are nothing but "ret... competence checks". With the dps the way it is now, you could probably clear the whole of HK as soon as half your warriors and rogues have acquired new weapons. It all just comes down to people being ret... incompetent.
    You will serve as a worthy sacrifice for my master. Revel in the madness of slaughter!

Seems a few people want you to notice how amazing they are at video games. Wow, look how good that guy is, he thinks everything is easy! (there I noticed).

Truth is Murdantix is a substantial step up in difficulty from ROS/GSB and getting him to 52% does not reveal much about whether you are ready or not. I mean for the first 25% he just stands there getting hit. After that he does demonic blast but nothing else and very little of the ground AoE. And stacks are still low enough that you can even fail at demonic blast and live through it. You can't even really tell whether your tanks/healers are up to snuff, because at higher stacks it will be harder.

It's definitely a challenging fight coming out of GSB/ROS. And even though the enrage timer is not likely to come into play, it's still a pretty big DPS check for people fresh into HK. The longer you take, the more adds build up, the more goo covers the floor, and the more stacks he gets. Even though you will never hit the timer your chances of wiping go up and up if your DPS is too slow.

So the answer to your question is that, no, you can't really tell anything about getting him to 52% with a halfass raid. You need to come back with your real raid and get him lower before you can tell anything about your chances.

Also, "lol noob everything is easy cuz im pro, L2P." Sorry just trying to fit in.

Champion

I still remember the first time I stepped into HK, Murdantix seemed so intimidating back then even though I'd been clearing GSB and RoS for quite some time.

The best thing you can do to prepare your raid is learn the mechanics of the fight. Since Murdantix's HP was nerfed it really isn't a hard DPS check and what is left of the DPS check will be easier if your raid members do not die. Composition is important too, if you have too many healers you won't have enough DPS but dead DPS=0 so you have to fine a balance.

GL OP.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Eh, I could basically write the same thing about every single boss in this game.. They are nothing but "ret... competence checks". With the dps the way it is now, you could probably clear the whole of HK as soon as half your warriors and rogues have acquired new weapons. It all just comes down to people being ret... incompetent.
    Yeah, way to repeat it 'till its dead. Maybe you got a kick out of it. But I hope you have some new material, because you beat that one pretty much to death.

There's a difference between ****** checks and competence checks. ****** checks are things like not standing in fire, not getting cleaved, spreading out and learning to count to X before hitting your taunt.

Competence checks requires you to perform all of the rere tasks while maintaining max possible output from your role, whether that be dps, heals or other raid utility. Text really does suck at conveying sarcasm, but there's nothing about murdantix that can be called a competence check. If they had left the expert dungeons the way they were instead of watering them down to near-nothing, anyone raiding would be able to sleep through murd. The original Scarn in xDD was harder than murdantix =P The only possible way you'd disagree is if you hadn't actually experienced it in its original incarnation.

Silgen is a competence check. Especially for your healer/cleanser back before folks hopped on the bandwagon of the pyro-chloro one buttom cleans macro spam. Original Sicaron was a raid-wide competence check. Murdantix is not a competence check. He is just a ****** check.

The game had quite a few competence checks. Many of them in HK. But they're gone now. Poof. Dust in the wind as a result of the tears of the folks who can't quite meet the bars trion had set.

Telaran

There's a difference between ****** checks and competence checks.
    Well, to be blunt, no there isn't. The way you describe a ret-check vs competence check is that the latter just requires more competence. You can define the words any way you like but everyone can decide for themselves where to draw the line. Stating things like "for murdantix it's sufficient you're not a ****** but for silgen you have to be competent" and backing it up with comments about how tough things were "way back when" that imply how good you are and how long you've raided is absolutely useless in answering what the OP is asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Truth is Murdantix is a substantial step up in difficulty from ROS/GSB and getting him to 52% does not reveal much about whether you are ready or not. I mean for the first 25% he just stands there getting hit. After that he does demonic blast but nothing else and very little of the ground AoE. And stacks are still low enough that you can even fail at demonic blast and live through it. You can't even really tell whether your tanks/healers are up to snuff, because at higher stacks it will be harder.

It's definitely a challenging fight coming out of GSB/ROS. And even though the enrage timer is not likely to come into play, it's still a pretty big DPS check for people fresh into HK. The longer you take, the more adds build up, the more goo covers the floor, and the more stacks he gets. Even though you will never hit the timer your chances of wiping go up and up if your DPS is too slow.

So the answer to your question is that, no, you can't really tell anything about getting him to 52% with a halfass raid. You need to come back with your real raid and get him lower before you can tell anything about your chances.

Also, "lol noob everything is easy cuz im pro, L2P." Sorry just trying to fit in.
    You might've had a point if this post was made back in 1.6 or earlier.

But its completely invalid in 1.7.

Sorry, your GSB/RoS clad folks are only a handfull of stat points off from HK geared folks. The gear revamp was absolutely huge in terms of closing the power gap between t1 and t2 raid gear. The difference between a GSB/RoS relic and a HK weapon is like, 2 dps for a one hander.

Everything is easy because other people's tears and 20 page whine threads made it easy.

It has zero new mechanics. Nothing. It may have more mechanics in one place than you've ever seen outside of maybe LGS and Alsbeth, but its basically a repackaged freebie boss.

Every single boss in HK has unique mechanics that aren't anywhere else in the game so far.

Murdantix has none.

I don't know these people, nor am I insecure enough to feel the need to assert superiority in a game. I simply don't feel the need to pretend to be nice on a game forum. So flame away. But it is what it is, and murdantix is a pushover.

Well, to be blunt, no there isn't. The way you describe a ret-check vs competence check is that the latter just requires more competence. You can define the words any way you like but everyone can decide for themselves where to draw the line. Stating things like "for murdantix it's sufficient you're not a ****** but for silgen you have to be competent" and backing it up with comments about how tough things were "way back when" that imply how good you are and how long you've raided is absolutely useless in answering what the OP is asking.
    Your original comment about how well tuned murdantix is for an introductory boss to HK had absolutely nothing to do with OP's post either.

And where, may I ask, did I say how good I was? Anywhere?
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 02-07-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Telaran

Your original comment about how well tuned murdantix is for an introductory boss to HK had absolutely nothing to do with OP's post either.

And where, may I ask, did I say how good I was? Anywhere?
    My original comment was one single line of text before explaining something about the exact workings of the encounter. No one had shared their opinions of the boss so I thought I might as well tell him something general about the boss. This one line contained maybe one fifth of the overall content of the post.

And where, may I ask, did I say you said you were good? If I were to claim you actually said that out loud, I probably would not have used the word 'imply'.

Very poor attempts at deflection.
    Last edited by Tuplis; 02-07-2012 at 05:00 AM.

Right, because "chaining attack that hits exactly 7 people at range but ignores people in melee, unless there aren't 7 people at range, in which case it will target people in melee" is such a familiar mechanic. Have to be a total ret . . . incompetent not to have mastered that one by the time you get to HK, right?

But, hey, you didn't actually know that. You just knew "spread out," because that was what your raid leader told you to do. Maybe if the game wasn't so totally loleasy for a pros like you, you might actually have to learn mechanics instead of being carr . . . helped by people who do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast