Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Will HK be pointless with next tier of raiding?

Soulwalker

Default Will HK be pointless with next tier of raiding?

It seems to me that with the difficulty of HK and the recent gear changes that there won't be enough incentive to do HK once the next tier of dungeons arrive. I say this because I'm pretty close to being geared out in HK (mage w/ all mark pieces 3 relic pieces and the rest HK purples) and my guild has been in HK for the last 7 months. We're currently 2nd on our server and we STILL have not downed all the content in HK 10/11. It seems to me that since a mage that is fresh out of GSB and ROS is pretty close in stats as I am that once the next tier is out, HK could be easily skipped. I mean why spend all that time in tier 2 when you can walk into tier 3 and not be that far behind. (I assume of course HK will be nerfed but still will probably be difficult). Not only that but I would have expected after this much time in HK that we would be running it for fun or to gear alts, at the very least getting the last few people in the raid the relics they need. At this rate not only do I think HK will be pointless but I don't think many people that have been working on it for months will even see the end content of it or feel rewarded for their efforts.

Relics. The only reason people still do GSB and ROS.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Champion

I don't see why people would skip HK and use t1 raid gear in a t3 raid. Why wouldn't you want to give your raid every advantage you can? Why wouldn't you want to have the best gear from the previous tier of content. And lastly why wouldn't you want the challenge that downing Akylios still presents and will continue to present? I'm still kind of saddened that people skip GSB and RoS now. It's a really nice introduction to raiding and prepares you for next tier.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Some people actually enjoy and care about the raid, not only about gear.
    i5 m520 3ghz, 4gb ddr3 ram, HD 5650.

I can only assume that the first boss in ID will be like Murdantix in HK; a gear check. You can skip HK but you probably won't have enough dps/heals/etc to down the first boss in ID.

Overall, people will still be interested in the HK relics.

Also, I would personally recommend any raiding guild to experience everything that all raid content brings, regardless of tier.
    I've found it so much easier to get used to new bosses the guild I'm in meets simply because you've seen a 'lite' version of at least one of the enemy's mechanics in previous raids/dungeons/raid rifts/other content.

i.e.
    Herald in RoS was a lot easier when we had experienced movement stacking on Greenscale.
    Grugonim was a lot easier when we had experienced movement stacking on Greenscale, Herald and other bosses. Especially for Melee who were already used to strafing from one side of GS to the other each time the Blighted plants were summoned.
    Duke Laeteraus (sp?) Shamblers = Coalgut Crystals in CR (of course for the new players, they would have experienced Coalgut before Duke, thus preparing them for the 20-man boss)
    Zilas run phase = costly and longer version of Caelia's beam in Chamera's Caldera
    Murdantix spread = The last stage of Water Raid Rift/the scorpion in Gilded Prophecy/etc, only more costly.
    Rune King/Prince HP levels = The priest in GSB (with the werewolves; can't remember her name).

Although the mechanics aren't exactly the same, it provides you with a base to work with, and you know your entire raid has experienced something similar and just need to adjust to the added difficulty, and the greater number of mechanics.

If you skip HK, I can only imagine your raid will progress a lot slower than a raid that has gone through HK simply because your raid wouldn't have experienced the mechanics in HK that will build up your raid's raid awareness, communication skills, teamwork/etc. (and that's not including gear)
    Last edited by Jonus; 02-06-2012 at 11:09 PM.

I can also see them adding another weekly like they did for T1 raids.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Skipping tier is nonsense, each tier needs decent amount of dps,healing,tanking and stats requirements.

Maybe with current expert dungeon gear you can try murdantix in HK it will take so much time and so much effort, mean while you can go GSB/ROS and faceroll other stuff.For doing it you must use rune enchants for every possible slot and planar lens which is letting you barely get 295 hit/focus and 192 toughness...

Also after hit/focus changes seems most pvp players (i don't mean OP is PVP player) confused when dev mentioned they will work like toughness cuz toughness effects only PvE meanwhile dev tried to mention stats from items will be like toughness cuz toughness values are not changing on same tier level items now same goes for hit/focus.

Since currently HK and ROTP gives 50 hit/focus (100 hit/focus on 2handers) stuff and guessing ID will require minimum 400 hit/focus for not missing 420 hit/focus for not getting dodge and resist (its pure guess) there, to skip it with gsb/ros items since they provide 38 hit/focus (you get 304hit/focus when fully t1 raid geared), You must gimp yourself more and use all possibilities i mentioned before to maximize your hit/focus and you can get 399 focus/hit (if you fully t1 raid geared) but meanwhile DPS check on bosses will be tough, same goes for healing and tanking. If people really love to wipe for hours and love harder encounters for their current gears they can do it :P
    Last edited by aileen; 02-06-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

You won't be able to skip HK unless you have a raid capable of carrying you. You'll need the drops in HK to be able to function in ID.

When ID is released, HK will be made easier still; and I expect ID will be less complicated than HK ever was. (Trion went a bit overboard on the mechanics of Akylios). XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rarz View Post
    You won't be able to skip HK unless you have a raid capable of carrying you. You'll need the drops in HK to be able to function in ID.

When ID is released, HK will be made easier still; and I expect ID will be less complicated than HK ever was. (Trion went a bit overboard on the mechanics of Akylios). XD
    Hope not or were gonna be real bored, very fast.
    Last edited by Ouzo; 02-07-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Think you got what it takes ? www.RiftRunners.net Apply today!
    Hammerknell Fortress Conqueror: 1st in EU!
    8/8ID(*HM) *** Rank 50 pvp***. Need a heal ? Pray for me !!

I think ID and the last boss(or bosses) will be very, very challenging, but it will be a much smoother curve and less steep climb in difficulty than HK was. Akylios is a very fun and challenging encounter to learn and execute and I wouldn't say it's "overboard".
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I think ID and the last boss(or bosses) will be very, very challenging, but it will be a much smoother curve and less steep climb in difficulty than HK was. Akylios is a very fun and challenging encounter to learn and execute and I wouldn't say it's "overboard".
    It was a nice smooth curve. High, but smooth.

Then came the nerfs, and everywhere the nerfs stopped was a brick wall for those who didn't climb the original curve.

Those eventually got nerfed too, though. Like aklyios did. It can't really get much easier than it is now, with HP nerfs and an all around gear stat increase.

If they were to nerf aklyios anymore, they would have to start taking away mechanics.

I don't know where they plan on drawing the line between catering to the masses and keeping folks who like pushing content interested. HK, right now, is nearly a joke. I have an alt with two week's playtime that can pass as many guild's core raider. The first few weeks of ID will make or break the game for me. We will see.

t1 raid=304 hit/focus
    t3 raid needs 400hit/focus i guess....
    Let`s calculate 304+36(legs/helmet)+39(ranged+ 2 1h weapons)+3(bufffood)+50(if u want every encounter to play with focus and hit banners)=432(essences could be also included)
    Now you only have to survive the dps/heal check.
    Not to mention tank requirements^^

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    t1 raid=304 hit/focus
    t3 raid needs 400hit/focus i guess....
    Let`s calculate 304+36(legs/helmet)+39(ranged+ 2 1h weapons)+3(bufffood)+50(if u want every encounter to play with focus and hit banners)=432(essences could be also included)
    Now you only have to survive the dps/heal check.
    Not to mention tank requirements^^
    They normalized every piece of gear's hit and focus by tier now.

gsb/ros/dh/gp/t1 rr gear gets you 38 hit/focus per piece

HK/rotp/t2 rr gets you 50 hit/focus per piece.

8 pieces of HK gear with hit (helm, glove, weapon slots x3, neck, ring x2) gets you 400 exactly no matter which ones you have.

1) Hit/Focus requirements for ID will force you to collect HK gear

2) Fully HK geared players still significantly outperform raid T1 gear individuals even after the gear stat bump.

3) Did you post this just to let everyone know:

Quote Originally Posted by Mustifar View Post
    I say this because I'm pretty close to being geared out in HK (mage w/ all mark pieces 3 relic pieces and the rest HK purples) and my guild has been in HK for the last 7 months. We're currently 2nd on our server.
    ?????

IT's essentially Trion's form of "flagging" or "keying"

Previous MMOs required you to compete certain tasks to access certain Raids

Trion has build a system where if you don't have the hit/focus/toughness from the pieces in the previous tier then you won't survive or be able to hit the content in the next tier .... I kind of applaud them on this

At least here you can augment yourself with runes or essences to achieve these plateaus ..... especially since in previous games "backflagging" could be tedious
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast