+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please no more DD and DM

Plane Touched

Default Please no more DD and DM

I swear, the only dungeons ive run using lfg or random guild runs are DD or DM for the past 2 weeks. I'm sick to the back teeth of them, especially with the T1's now at T2 level I should never see DD two days in a row nevermind twice in the one day.

Please add some feature to nominate dungeons you dont want to do or really randomise the dungeon selection.

It used to be CC would be the regular dungeon but at least it would change to RD the odd time, the current state on "random" dungeons is driving me nuts.

Rift Chaser Talking The Hardest's Avatar

Random is random.
    Softest@Blightweald
    Quote Originally Posted by Noge View Post
    Softest best bard EU
    Co-Leader of the worlds #1 Alt/PuG raid - iFAP

Quote Originally Posted by Talking The Hardest View Post
    Random is random.
    Random is not random.

All it takesi s one person to request a specific dungeon and that's the one your "random" group will get.

Of course that one person won't get the random bonuses... but that doesn't mean anything if they already did it.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Random is not random.

All it takesi s one person to request a specific dungeon and that's the one your "random" group will get.

Of course that one person won't get the random bonuses... but that doesn't mean anything if they already did it.
    So all those DDs and DMs are because somebody sleected it? Give me a break.

Random is random.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Plane Touched

I know it isnt because people are selecting it, most of the time we do guild runs for greater marks the first dungeon we do is DD or DM and nobody is selecting any dungeon.

Just wish the system truely was random, wouldnt see DD or DM for days when doing one or two dungeons a day, but the randomness of the system seems off.

don't DD and DM have the procing bow and the SHOE?

I know I've queued specifically those more then any other hunting the Geldo bow and the SHOE.

Dungeons with more desirable loot will get chosen "randomly" more often ... especially if there's a Tank or Healer item in them that they are after.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

I kinda agree with the OP on this one. DD and DSM make up 90% of the "randoms" I get when I queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post
    don't DD and DM have the procing bow and the SHOE?

I know I've queued specifically those more then any other hunting the Geldo bow and the SHOE.

Dungeons with more desirable loot will get chosen "randomly" more often ... especially if there's a Tank or Healer item in them that they are after.
    Darkening deeps has the Gedlo Dragon hunters bow, deepstrike mines has the sacred heirloom of the eth. If somebody who selects a specific dungeon gets paired up w\ people who select random, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens alot of times.

Most healers want the eth trinket... and that bow is great if you're a fresh 50 and don't have a bow from 10-20 man content.

I'd have to say that w\ randoms I've had a HUGGEE percentage be DD.
    Last edited by Archemys; 02-07-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Plane Touched

DD takes like 10 minutes, why would you complain about that one. DSM is like 18 so yeah that one sucks.

Champion

I only run with a guild group, and we only que random for the bonus marks.
    Sadly, I am happy when it's DD or DSM because I like those, and they are easily 75% of the dungeons we get. Rarely I will see CC or AP, but that is maybe 5% of the total. The last week however has been a different story altogether. Que for random, oh look it's Caduceus Rise...again. And not just on one shard. My guardians and defiants are not only on different shards, but different shard groupings and look, it's ****** again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post

Well, can you explain why every 2nd or 3rd dungeon I get is CR when nothing useful drops from it...And dont say rep

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    Well, can you explain why every 2nd or 3rd dungeon I get is CR when nothing useful drops from it...And dont say rep
    God yes. CR makes me want to puke when I get it from a random now.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Rift Disciple

One of our guild quests this week was to do Deepstrike Mines expert 10 times. So I personally queued up specifically for that dungeon a couple times to finish off the quest.

When its a guild run for us its usually a complete party of 5 qing up and then only the leader chooses the dungeon if he is choosing random then there is no excuse of someone choosing a particular dungeon and making us get that over and over and over again.

Since mixing the t1s into the t2 group I was expecting to see more variety in the random dungeons for marks...instead we have seen much less.

We have had RD come up repeatedly again and again, CR a few times, DD once and FC once. I really do think the rng machine is broken on this.

Shield of Telara

When did the DeadMines get added to Rift? :P

In all seriousness though I get DD and CR all the time... dsm not so much. To be honest i've run the dungeons so many times that it doesn't matter which one gets selected...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast