+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RotP - High Priest Bugged - 1.7 Hotfix #1

Default RotP - High Priest Bugged - 1.7 Hotfix #1

As of Hotfix #1 in 1.7 the High Priest encounter was adjusted to disallow players to re-enter after a death and respawn. Somewhere during this fix of the encounter the threat table was inadvertently botched in an odd way where the boss in both phases is consistently dropping all threat and targetting whoever he wants, be it Bard, Heal or top DPS. Three different tanks, all with experience on this guy have all had the same issue. Please investigate why he's dropping threat like a derpasaurus and one-shotting Tiny Tim.
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

RIFT Guide Writer

Cleared RotP yesterday with no problem.

Are you sure your tanks are in melee range? That's the only time I've seen this issue, when the tanks were slightly too far away.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

Shadowlander

We cleared RoP after the hot fix. Never had any problems with 4th boss. If anything with the unnerfed mage/warrior damage things went down too fast (i.e. 2nd boss never spawned any adds).

Still is the same as before here aswell. Did your tank LoS the big bad bird?
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Iui
    Soulwalker

Same exact thing happened to us last week as well. The bird would just pick targets and one shot them, over and over til half the raid died

Killed four times since patch, haven't noticed this at all. I'm guessing your tanks are covering up for something.

Shadowlander

Probably a problem with the tanks. This is a mechanic, kind of like Zilas going haywire when tank is out of melee range.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by kerack View Post
    Probably a problem with the tanks. This is a mechanic, kind of like Zilas going haywire when tank is out of melee range.
    Though I must admit, this one is over the top. Zero reaction time, to the point you can be left wondering what the heck just happened.

And we've had no issues with RotP this week.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Champion of Telara

Cleared yesterday and didn't see any problems. There was a single comment during the fight that someone did get 'locked' out with the yellow wall. So we just made fun of them and did the usual problem fixes, mainly relog. Haha... maybe he was telling the truth. I know I had to respawn and run back once yesterday and didn't see a wall.

Now that I think about it, there was once when the bird did oneshot us. It was at the very start of the 2nd phase after the AOE. We attributed it to trigger happy dps. Who were already hitting the boss before the tank grabbed agro. Told them to hold a sec before burning their stuff and that was that. I don't know the way the threat table works on him but if that's what you're talking about, shame on the players.

Rift Disciple

Killd him again this time without any Problem..

There are only 2 kind of Thread reset in this encounter..

1st. when Phase 1 is finished he clears his Thread fully, so when he gets up at P3 and your Tanks are sleeping, he just targets an Healer , DPS or Bard..

2nd, when your Aggro Tank moveīs too fast behind the Stone, he lets an Emote out " You canīt hide bla bla ", which result into an One Shoot of the Tank and then Random kill people..

Nothing really bugged this Encounter, still works well..

+ Reply to Thread