+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pixel Monkey

Thread: Bit of Raid progression help please

Plane Touched

Default Bit of Raid progression help please

Hi, just wondering what route our guild should take now please.

We are a pretty casual raiding guild and currently have GSB 5/5(farm), DH(farm), GP (farm) and this week got ROS 5/5 and ROTP 1/5 down.

We have embers who are at 320 hit/focus now and are wanting to have a pop at HK. most people are near fully T1 raid geared and maybe 6 or 7 of us have T1 relic weapons.

We currently manage about 20k single target dps in a raid vs say plutonius.

Are we ready to venture into HK? If so what is the order of the bosses we should try and progress in? How much harder is HK to say Lord greenscale or Alsbeth?

I just dont want our members to get disheartened by us been completely blatted in HK, maybe im been overcautious about how hard HK bosses are?

Any info please

go for it
    you may surprise yourselves

www.riftstrats.com
    who took my names!

You have more than enough dps to take out the first 4 bosses. The question is how are your tank/healers and how is your raid awareness. The biggest difference between the t1 raids and t2 raids is the amount of personal awareness is required by each member. If you have alot of people that consistently require someone baby-sitting mechanics on voice chat for them then you will have a hard time. If you have alot of people with their heads on a swivel you'll do just fine.

Hit murdantix go right for matron then turn around and take the left wing for zilas/vladmal...those are the 4 easiest in that order.

I agree, 20k is about what we were going in at 1.4. You should be able to get pretty far in.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Most guilds going in to HK at release pulled 18-23k raid DPS -- IIRC some guild hit 27k on Plutonus and that was just ridiculous at the time (equivalent of like 55k now). Your DPS will be fine.

Personaly responsibility is a bigger issue. Got people that always die on bombs to Johlen? Always heal Warmaster? Always get themselves/others killed by not running on Alsbeth? In GSB/RoS you can overcome these people and still win. In many HK fights they WILL wipe you.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

First boss in ROTP is about as much - if not more - of a DPS check as Murdantix. If you killed him, I'd guess you're in good shape to have a decent stab at most of the bottom floor of HK to be honest.

Be aware that in terms of the number of mechanics that are thrown at you at once, the level of raid awareness needed by everyone, and the penalties for screwing up mechanics, are on a whole new level compared to GSB/ROS. On several fights it's not just possible, but highly likely, for one person screwing something up to pretty much instantly wipe the entire raid.

As long as you go in there fully aware that the fights are mechanically difficult and will require many, many wipes before you get the hang of everything and can start making a decent attempt, you'll be fine. IMO it's not progression content if it's not difficult, and if you get one new boss a week down you're doing pretty well. But there are a few fights which are potential guild destroyers for people who are too used to facerolling their way through GSB and getting free relics.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post
    Most guilds going in to HK at release pulled 18-23k raid DPS -- IIRC some guild hit 27k on Plutonus and that was just ridiculous at the time (equivalent of like 55k now). Your DPS will be fine.

Personaly responsibility is a bigger issue. Got people that always die on bombs to Johlen? Always heal Warmaster? Always get themselves/others killed by not running on Alsbeth? In GSB/RoS you can overcome these people and still win. In many HK fights they WILL wipe you.
    He/She summarized it.

HK requirements arent that high, 20k will be enough to clear the first bosses, and with good player the bosses deeper also, (By then you will have more weapons so even higher DPS", but HK isnt GSB/RoS, people that die at Johlen by bombs, fail at running at Alsbeth or heal Warmaster cant make it far into HK.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

I thought that murdantix was easier than first boss in rotp. Matron also seemed pretty easy. zilas well, getting people to do their job and run with the beam has been the biggest challenge I've seen. hopefully starting on sicaron tmr

if you can clear gsb/ros pretty easily I think that ereandorn/golems/murdantix/matrion should all pretty much be free loot. we kinda obsessed over getting everyone "hk ready" to the point that we sat on our thumbs instead of making hk progress

Just try out Murdantix now. Get your best geared 20, ask them to read riftstrats, then head on out.

Keep getting used to the mechanics; and then check out whether or not you hit the hard enrage timer.

If so, oh well; get better gear/more appropriate specs/rotations/etc. At the very least you now have 20 people who know and have experienced the mechanics. After another week of RoS/GSB/etc you'll get another dps boost and can go in and try again.

If you down him, grats! The drops from Murdantix will be a great upgrade for your raid.

Probably best to head off to Matron next, especially if you have 1-2 cabicars around with rightous mandate. Will really help keep your tanks alive during books.

Champion of Telara

the way i see it is this-- if u raid just 3 nights a week as a guild - spend one night in gsb/ros. get your relics. maybe spend part of a second night if u are having trouble clearing both in one night

then immediately head to HK.

gives u about 2 nights a week to work in there as a 20 man. DONT panic and think you need everyone in full t1 gear and relics to stand a chance.. I think that was one of the biggest problems of my guild earlier on. We had some people who REFUSED to even give it a chance until they had full BiS gear from the earlier raid and were really hurting raid morale as we had most of the rest of the guild ready and willing to push onto HK and figured (rightly) that if they were in at least 4pc t1 gear, with some decent weapons and relics that we could do HK.

you DONT need full t1 gear. you need people who can pay attention and survive mechanics. MOST of HK is mechanics, not super heavy damage. Once you get the hang of it you will realise hey, thats not crazy RNG that just killed us, that was us not handling a mechanic properly. (same deal with RotP as well)

Good luck. with 20-25k raid dps you should at the least be able to clear murdantix, matron, soulrender and vladmal. I think our first sicaron kill was only like 28-30k raid dps (terrible i know). Grugonim you will want close to 30k for as well, but thats still ALOT of gear upgrades available from the first few bosses and rotp you can get to boost your raid up.
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Shield of Telara

one tip - once you have murdantix down (and you will quickly) - don't be discouraged if you wipe on the trash. They also have mechanics to learn and are no gimme's.

We still occasionally have wipes on trash when people space out or a portion of the raid is standing staring at the body of the last boss.

If you have Herald on farm then you have the healers you need and good enough raid awareness in your for the positioning needed in HK.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Plane Touched

Some great info in this thread thanks guys and gals!

We still do maybe have the odd wipe on johlen's bombs. But usually now we have the dps that he still goes down even if a handfull of people bite it.

As far as ROS goes I hesitate to say it is on farm. We spent 3 weeks wiping on Plutonius of all things. (we were being dumb and clicking the crystals when cipher was about to fire and wiping the crystal clicker).

This week we downed pluto on our 1st attempt moved to Herald and 1 shotted him with 1 death and then wiped about 6 times on alsbeth whilst we learnt the fight, before killing her with only 2 deaths.

Maybe we were on a roll of luck or just maybe people concentrated a bit more and were hungry to progress from pluto.

So I guess our individual awareness ranges from bloody awfull to not bad

Are there any tactics on the trash pulls we need to know in HK by the way?to be honest we have got a bit complacent in ROS and GSB with trash and usually just round em upand nuke down with aoes and a cabicar on the main tank.

there is definately a bit more to trash pulls in hk. Having a rogue with a sap or a mage with a squirrel spec will make life tons easier.
    Zykey Mage - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF
    Zykelot Cleric - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

+ Reply to Thread