+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expert HP Scaling and XP/Time ratios

Rift Chaser

Default Expert HP Scaling and XP/Time ratios

I know that Trion explicitly states that rifts would be scaling based on the gear level of the participants, and that they have buffed Expert mob's HP somewhat, but I am getting the feeling that some of the scaling code leaked through to Expert dungeon mobs.

One specific example is the Centurions in King's Breach. Between yesterday and today, Ive seen them with 68k hp, 74k hp, and 63k hp. It also feels like other mobs in Experts, maybe even the bosses, are having their HP scale slightly based on the group of players in the zone. This is good, if you have well geared dps. And this is a real pain when you got an HK geared tank, HK geared healer, and 3 fresh 50s on dps...

On a side note, anyone know if Trion is planning to increase the xp for EI mobs?
    Right now with the HP increase, a standard EI mob gives you 1840 xp for 15303 hp, or 0.1202 xp/hp.
    A lvl 50 old world mob gives 590 xp for 3791 hp, or 0.1556 xp/hp.

This seems a bit backwards. Why should I effectively be getting almost 30% more experience for my effort doing old world content than EI? This is similar to the potential situation in Expert dungeons, wherein better geared players are actually punishing themselves by raising mob HP, without increasing their own XP rewards.

Perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to set a definitive XP/HP ratio for every mob of a given level. So say at lvl 50, a mob will give you a base 0.15 XP/HP return. So better geared players will not be penalized for being better geared, and EI will be more enticing for people as you dont lose as much xp on overkills.

Quote Originally Posted by kenji1134 View Post
    I know that Trion explicitly states that rifts would be scaling based on the gear level of the participants, and that they have buffed Expert mob's HP somewhat, but I am getting the feeling that some of the scaling code leaked through to Expert dungeon mobs.

One specific example is the Centurions in King's Breach. Between yesterday and today, Ive seen them with 68k hp, 74k hp, and 63k hp. It also feels like other mobs in Experts, maybe even the bosses, are having their HP scale slightly based on the group of players in the zone. This is good, if you have well geared dps. And this is a real pain when you got an HK geared tank, HK geared healer, and 3 fresh 50s on dps...

On a side note, anyone know if Trion is planning to increase the xp for EI mobs?
    Right now with the HP increase, a standard EI mob gives you 1840 xp for 15303 hp, or 0.1202 xp/hp.
    A lvl 50 old world mob gives 590 xp for 3791 hp, or 0.1556 xp/hp.

This seems a bit backwards. Why should I effectively be getting almost 30% more experience for my effort doing old world content than EI? This is similar to the potential situation in Expert dungeons, wherein better geared players are actually punishing themselves by raising mob HP, without increasing their own XP rewards.

Perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to set a definitive XP/HP ratio for every mob of a given level. So say at lvl 50, a mob will give you a base 0.15 XP/HP return. So better geared players will not be penalized for being better geared, and EI will be more enticing for people as you dont lose as much xp on overkills.
    Your analysis assumes equal respawn times. EI mobs respawn much faster which puts their xp/min over that of old world mobs.

+ Reply to Thread