+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ahov
  • 2 Post By Harmil

Thread: Lol @ PuGs

Shadowlander

Default Lol @ PuGs

I've been leveling a mage alt so i decide to join some instances with exp potions, i get queued into reg DSM and get welcomed by a ****ty healer and a ****ty tank, dieing on trash. I politely tell the healer to pick up his healing because there's too many close calls and the whole groups reaction is to vote kick me. lol... /endrant

You could have offered to heal
    Kaybye ~

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Appless View Post
    I've been leveling a mage alt so i decide to join some instances with exp potions, i get queued into reg DSM and get welcomed by a ****ty healer and a ****ty tank, dieing on trash. I politely tell the healer to pick up his healing because there's too many close calls and the whole groups reaction is to vote kick me. lol... /endrant

cool story, bro

I politely tell the healer to pick up his healing ...
    So, I've known lots of people who were capable of doing that politely. It would never occur to any of them to come to the forums and rant about the group, after the fact. My guess is that you said something a bit abrasive, and they were already frustrated over the wipes.

Wipes don't mean you're a bad group. It might mean you're undergeared. It might mean you're learning content. It might mean you're learning your role. None of that is bad If it were a master-mode, I'd be concerned, but trash wipes happen in normal mode dungeons. Heck, they happen in every type of dungeon.

I was with 2 other guildies tonight in DSM and we wiped on trash because several things went wrong all at the same time. We're not bad players, we just had an unfortunate sequence of events (exacerbated by pathing/clipping bugs, hint, hint, Trion...). We picked up, dusted off, apologized to the pug members and blew though the rest of the content. Sometimes encouragement is all people need.

PS: As someone else said, you could have offered to heal. I recommend against what I've seen others do before which is, "do you have a dps role"? That's abrupt and more likely to get the healer to react defensively. I'd try, "I've healed this before if you'd rather dps..."

Or, better yet, say nothing at all - mages are great at adapting on the fly to a group's needs, so if you had just swapped to a Chloro role on the fly, silently, you could also (at low level) do OK dps and help the healer while he is learning without being particularly offensive.

If he notices, and says something to you, it makes HIM look pretentious, and is more likely to get HIM kicked.

I like to call this method "passive-aggressive wipe prevention"
    Last edited by Imprecation; 02-03-2012 at 10:26 AM.

"Warriors tank, clerics heal, rogues dps and mages die." -Chanalia
    11/11, 4/4

Translation:

I'm a bad and I attempt to cover up my failings by deflecting the blame onto others. However this time I was uncovered and justly removed from the group.

I've been leveling a mage alt so i decide to join some instances with exp potions, i get queued into reg DSM and get welcomed by a healer and a tank, who are not as experienced as I am. I tell the healer to pick up his healing because i'm a giant a-hole and don't feel like actually helpoing them and the whole groups reaction is to vote kick me. now i'm butthurt... /endrant
    fixed that for you

Ascendant

I looked at the title of this thread, said to myself...this is probably a really bad post.

I opened said thread, and confirmed that to myself! Good story.

I was half expecting a rant about LFG pugs.

But someone who's probably more experienced running an alt through low level normal dungeon pugs, possibly with fresh players who're likely still learning the ropes?

I think that might be a new low, even for these whiny threads.

Because, y'know, you were obviously pro on your first character at lv 20-something.

pugs (random people) are flaky, self important and selfish. As well, there are the extremely delicate flowers that get offended if you sneeze and the other extreme that don't give a flying **** what people thing of them.

We have to learn to deal with it.
    One pug i was in, we started DSM, we all said hello. I asked if the healer wanted me support or dps. He said DPS.
    We die on first trash pull from the tank dying, so i ask if he would like me to go back to support...

they vote kicked me.
    I ask why, as i wait to get auto ported out of the dungeon, and the healer says "because you're annoying".

LOL, right?
    Humans are finicky beings. *shrug*
    Last edited by batou079; 02-03-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Plane Touched

Lol @ thread.

Would've started a new thread but my phone internet is slow.

If you're joining a LFG queue solo, you're just as much of a pug. HTH
    Adaiii <-Vendetta->

+ Reply to Thread