+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Relic Procs not in yet?

Default New Relic Procs not in yet?

It was my understanding that they were adding procs to the Aky relics that didnt have procs. I could of sworn i saw it in the patcher notes... but maybe im wrong. So it might not be in live yet but.... i picked up the "Staff of Crazed Whispers" last night...

http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...ewItem&id=1704

(now has 100 focus 4tw)

...and it is without a proc. Just looking for any info, or updates on whether

A: its not intended to have a proc
    -or-
    B: it IS intended but not in yet
    -or-
    C: its broken/bugged/in error
    Last edited by No_Exit; 02-02-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    It was my understanding that they were adding procs to the Aky relics that didnt have procs. I could of sworn i saw it in the patcher notes... but maybe im wrong. So it might not be in live yet but.... i picked up the "Staff of Crazed Whispers" last night...

http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...ewItem&id=1704

(now has 100 focus 4tw)

...and it is without a proc. Just looking for any info, or updates on whether

A: its not intended to have a proc
    -or-
    B: it IS intended but not in yet
    -or-
    C: its broken/bugged/in error
    A or B probably? We had relic mage dagger drop from AKylios last night. No procs on it (all other weps that dropped before have procs - nothing to comapre with till now).
    Last edited by Ghostl1ke; 02-03-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    Officer of Envy
    ex-Officer of ParaBellum: world 2nd in chocolate Rift

They got procs all but this one. Guess they couldn't pick what to stick on it.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

This isn't that hard to figure out... Look at the stats of the item. Now look at this. My well-honed detective skills tell me that one of these things is not like the other, and that not having a proc makes perfect sense.

I don't want to spoil the fun, but here's a hint. SPELLPOWER.
    Last edited by puddin; 02-03-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by puddin View Post
    This isn't that hard to figure out... Look at the stats of the item. Now look at this. My well-honed detective skills tell me that one of these things is not like the other, and that not having a proc makes perfect sense.

I don't want to spoil the fun, but here's a hint. SPELLPOWER.
    That had come up in guild chat, however being that they were also supposedly adjusting stats on relics and in various other areas with this patch, that kind of throws a wrench into the mix. In other words, perhaps they were going to slightly nerf the stats and add a proc, or perhaps they were going to buff the stats of the items with procs. The patch was quite vague on the whole subject.

Hence the question.

Sword of Telara

I mostly wonder if you won that as a cleric or mage. Either way, BiS for mage take or leave a proc, cleric, not so much.

Aren't all the procs still utterly underwhelming?
    Adaiii <-Vendetta->

Ascendant

If it gets anything, it will be a healing proc.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    I mostly wonder if you won that as a cleric or mage. Either way, BiS for mage take or leave a proc, cleric, not so much.
    I won it as a cleric and want to make a couple points:

A: it was a staff designed for a cleric (originally with no focus), and it wouldnt surprise me if down the road it stops being a bis staff for mages as stat weights and contributions for the various classes are adjusted (which im fairly sure will happen down the road since right now its a bit borked)

B: I am a cleric that plays a variety of roles... from MT heals, to aoe heals, to dps. However i am often called into dps duty these days as we dont need as many heals now that we are geared up some. I can hit 3.6-3.8k on Sicaron while in an under 30% purge rotation duty. This staff works well for what i do in raids.

C: As stated above... if the staff does get a proc, it would most likely be a heal proc, which would benefit clerics more so then mages simply due to the nature of the classes.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 02-03-2012 at 11:17 PM.

C is kind of a moot argument, really.

Would any mage stop using the mage staff for dps if it had a healing proc instead of the shoddy ~10 dps water damage proc? Probably not. And it would double as a situationally useful proc when they chloro.

The only thing that would make these two weapons distinctive is if they reworked stats. Else the higher total SP will still be better for both afaik.

A spell power or spell cirt on healing only would be nice... as long as it doesn't get the same one from GSB. . .!
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Hope it does have something added to it eventually . I admit I get a little sad each time I look at the other Akylios relics w/ procs and mine has none. Sure the stats are awesome, but any little equip proc would be a nice addition for an item well earned.

+ Reply to Thread