+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mind Decay on Akylios bugged after 1.7.

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default Mind Decay on Akylios bugged after 1.7.

    Anyways, had some failures with Mind Decay this week (SPLASH 1 SHOT WITH MIND DECAY other 2 get Mind Controlled) and noticed that this message comes:

    "PvP state bla bla"

    Cant attack them, tried turning PvP on also, nothing worked, cant hit them.

    Fix pl0x.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Raid assist mark the dead body. Stand on dead body. Beyond that, make sure everyone is same flag before the fight perhaps?

  3. #3
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Yeah fix this for next Wednesday

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Akhet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Happens with Estrode too.
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    Raid assist mark the dead body. Stand on dead body. Beyond that, make sure everyone is same flag before the fight perhaps?
    Tried that, as i said all 20 turned PvP on the next try, had a stupid fail again at 5% but killed him anyways but the mindcontrolled people couldnt get attacked even with everyone having it on.

    Might be intended, just no info on it, if its intended alright, RNG death from double splash + mind decay will be even worse, but at least Estrode wont have random deaths from PoTH
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

  6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team Decoy_Trion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    We're looking into this issue and will hopefully have a fix soon.

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    889

    Default

    We were also having heaps of RNG deaths which we actually never ever had before on Akylios. With RNG deaths I'm talking about deaths that couldn't possibly have been avoided.

    Silencing Orbs hitting at the exact same moment as those GTAE "waterbombs" resulting in 2 hits without delay amounting to 7k. Also had two of these waterbombs hit at the exact same time, resulting in a few deaths. You can say we didn't have enough water resist or we didn't have enough people stackign on the orbs but that simply wouldn't be true - as it was we never ever had deaths like this before and things were executed properly. And yes, all deaths were using WR cores.

    And another thing I'm almost positive is a bug: we got 2 deaths out of nowhere from Gaze of Akylios. One of them was me, where I got approximately 8 consecutive hits without delay. My guildmate that also died at this moment said he had the exact same thing.
    Last edited by Jinjah; 02-02-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post
    We were also having heaps of RNG deaths which we actually never ever had before on Akylios. With RNG deaths I'm talking about deaths that couldn't possibly have been avoided.

    Silencing Orbs hitting at the exact same moment as those GTAE "waterbombs" resulting in 2 hits without delay amounting to 7k. Also had two of these waterbombs hit at the exact same time, resulting in a few deaths. You can say we didn't have enough water resist or we didn't have enough people stackign on the orbs but that simply wouldn't be true - as it was we never ever had deaths like this before and things were executed properly. And yes, all deaths were using WR cores.

    And another thing I'm almost positive is a bug: we got 2 deaths out of nowhere from Gaze of Akylios. One of them was me, where I got approximately 8 consecutive hits without delay. My guildmate that also died at this moment said he had the exact same thing.
    The first thing is logical, its horrible RNG had it happened many times, the only way i can tell you why it might have happened cause i noticed it myself, is when i silence the Stingers (You can interrupt them , and silence them, they just stand there) and the moment the silence is off, the AoE fires and 3 seconds after..Boom! Sometimes that causes horrible RNG by syncing abilities cause you delay them or whatever, not 100% sure, but i did see that when i silence them sometimes it might not always be the best thing :>

    Maybe someone silenced and you got unlucky.

    The second thing, no clue, havent seen that before but Gaze was fine for us today, but the first, it has happened so many times that i can guarantee its not a bug, its horrible RNG.

    Most of our deaths are in the form of Mind Decay + Dual AoE on same person, happens so often its not fun anymore <3
    Last edited by potis; 02-02-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    889

    Default

    Really? We've never had problems with that, usually somebody somewhere gets a tick of healing in and it doesnt call a death. Never had this stuff hit at the exact same time. I could've sworn the water-bombs weren't influenced by silences.

    And the Gaze only happened once in the entire fight, and it killed 2 people. 1.1k ticks hurt if they nuke you at the same time. A true "lolwutt?" moment.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Ghostl1ke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Had RNG deaths yesterday too. Mind decay hiting for 7K for example. But we killed him on 3rd try and almost got Perfect Akylios achievment. 1 person failed on waves but enrage timing was beautiful - noone even got hit before we 1shot him. I feel sad now.
    Officer of Envy
    ex-Officer of ParaBellum: world 2nd in chocolate Rift

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Another thing I noticed on Akylios last night was (and this may be related to the recent server/ability lag on Seastone) the Apostle was casting Tidal Storm, and it was interrupted. About 4 seconds later, it would cast Tidal Storm again.

    I don't believe this is normal, but again may have attributed to server lag.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Toronth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    186

    Default

    What we saw last night, as others have mentioned, the random mind decay + splash dmg, but also we would have 2 lashers spawn in P2 at the same time (have only been working on Aky 3 weeks now and never seen this - so it could be an existing bug we never ran into, or an intentional mechanic that we just had good luck at avoiding). We thought maybe it was because of the lower warrior dps, but a couple of times they spawned at the same time right next to each other so it was easy to see. Anyways we only ever noticed this happening on what should have been the second lasher or the what should have been the third lasher.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,669

    Default

    For gaze; If all 4(?) gaze beams goes on melee then they get hit for, like 4x1000 damage every half second or second. That's unbelievably rare, though.

    Orb + GTAOE is just random. If you dps the stingers faster, they probably won't even GTAOE you.



    Nothing changed on Akylios, except for MC'd people being unhittable (estrode as well).

  14. #14
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    For gaze; If all 4(?) gaze beams goes on melee then they get hit for, like 4x1000 damage every half second or second. That's unbelievably rare, though.

    Orb + GTAOE is just random. If you dps the stingers faster, they probably won't even GTAOE you.



    Nothing changed on Akylios, except for MC'd people being unhittable (estrode as well).
    Same for us, everything was the same.

    Never had an 8k Gaze as described, not even when there are 3 of them on melee (lots of damage there ;D).

    Only thing that was bugged/new was not being able to kill Mind Decayed people, and Geysers are nerfed ;o
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Multiple "splash" damage as people seem to be calling it is not a bug...its just how the AE's line up sometimes, just something you have to deal with...it certainly isn't new. Not being able to target people who are MC'd is something that is new though, just don't fail MC and you don't have to worry about it

    2 Lashers in P2 is also not new although extremely rare, saw it I think 3 times in all of our Akylios runs.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 02-03-2012 at 01:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts