+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Greater Marks for XP?

Default No Greater Marks for XP?

Why the efff not?

Very simple.

they want the general population exposed to the high tier contents. this is the same pattern as the gear buff. thus people who are farming the current contents stay reletively the same while people in previous tier close the gap. if you let the people who only clear T2 raid content (people who are already ahead) use their marks to get PA, then they would be even more ahead.

they want us to run t2/t1 raids in hope of gearing other people up while we get compensated for it.

when the new currency for ID comes out, expect greater mark turn ins
    Kimcheese
    <Victory> Keenblade
    Guardian 50 Warrior DPS

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by windz View Post
    Very simple.

they want the general population exposed to the high tier contents. this is the same pattern as the gear buff. thus people who are farming the current contents stay reletively the same while people in previous tier close the gap. if you let the people who only clear T2 raid content (people who are already ahead) use their marks to get PA, then they would be even more ahead.

they want us to run t2/t1 raids in hope of gearing other people up while we get compensated for it.

when the new currency for ID comes out, expect greater mark turn ins
    This is a bug (or simply it never got done), it was supposed to be in for live. I'm suprised they didn't catch this. It was specifically noted in PTS patch notes #2 that you could exchange greater marks for PA crystals, so unless they changed their mind, it will be going n soon I guess.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 02-02-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    This is a bug (or simply it never got done), it was supposed to be in for live. I'm suprised they didn't catch this. It was specifically noted in PTS patch notes #2 that you could exchange greater marks for PA crystals, so unless they changed their mind, it will be going n soon I guess.
    Doesnt specifically mention Greater Marks. I assume they will add the trade in once ID comes out.

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    Doesnt specifically mention Greater Marks. I assume they will add the trade in once ID comes out.
    I hope so. Either that or let us buy relic tokens for gmarks. Short of buying tank gear I'm never going to use, I have no need for more gmarks now, but they keep on adding more and more ways of throwing them at us...

I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of raid currencies as they are in ID. I could see them going with a system where the boss drops will contribute towards the set. But, have a small amount of currency to reward you and work towards some kind of set. Also, I'd love to see relics from the end boss be a token that you can trade in for what you want.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 02-02-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

+ Reply to Thread