+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFG = Looking For caduceus Group...

n0s
    Soulwalker

Default LFG = Looking For caduceus Group...

This is getting ridiculous. Why does the LFG tool give me NOTHING but the Caduceus instance? I was hoping it would get better after you open up all the Experts and bring them to the same level, but noooooo. 4 out of 5 randoms I join, I get one of the Caduceuses.

I'm tired of getting dungeon deserter just because I don't want to spend hours in the same instance when I actually signed up for a random one. It's actually become a running joke in my guild now where LFG is consistently referred to as "Random Caduceus tool". At least let the deserter debuff run out when I'm not logged on.

There is nothing random about LFG the way it is at the moment. There is a 9/10 chance you'll get one of the two Caduceuses.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad instance, but when I do it up to 5 times a day on different alts and runs, I get sick and bloody tired of the place.

Trion, I realise that you want players to see new content, and that you are proud of the instance. But at this point, a) Its not new anymore, and b) Players are getting turned off by the entire dungeoning experience, and the game as a whole, because you keep sending us to the same bloody instance when there are 12 of them to choose from...

Can you please return the LFG tool to actually be random and not so OBVIOUSLY and blatantly weighted towards the Caduceus instances??? They are nice, but not consistently, several days in a row, 5 times in one day-nice.

Are you queuing by yourself or in a premade group?

If the latter, it's because people are queuing for it specifically because they want rep, and it's pulling random LFG people in to make up numbers. If you're queuing in a full group... the RNG just hates you...

n0s
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Are you queuing by yourself or in a premade group?

If the latter, it's because people are queuing for it specifically because they want rep, and it's pulling random LFG people in to make up numbers. If you're queuing in a full group... the RNG just hates you...
    Thanks for trying, but it really doesnt matter, I queue with guildies mostly, but there is no noticable difference if I queue alone, as tank or dps. I am also usually lead so I can make sure we select random and I'm not derping and clicking accept too fast... Whenever the "random" option is selected, there is as i said a 9/10 chance I will get either of the Caduceus instances. Literally 9/10 chance, I've noted down every instance I do and the math says 9/10 (well, its actually something like 8.966666/10, but I like whole numbers).

I honestly don't believe this has anything to do with RNG, the pattern is just too obvious.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    it's because people are queuing for it specifically because they want rep, and it's pulling random LFG people in to make up numbers. If you're queuing in a full group... the RNG just hates you...
    Is this your assumption or are you a Trion Dev posting autonomously?

I pug all the time and have the same results. Generally the pug group is complaining about it as well. If you are a Trion dev then please take note that if I never see caduceus again it will be too soon...

Taz

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    Is this your assumption or are you a Trion Dev posting autonomously?

I pug all the time and have the same results. Generally the pug group is complaining about it as well. If you are a Trion dev then please take note that if I never see caduceus again it will be too soon...

Taz
    4 out of the last 5 CR I got from the random LFG had someone complaining and asking for us to requeue after the instance cooldown went away, just to do a different instance. Every single time there was -at least- one person in the party who either needed a specific drop from CRx (twice it was the tank gun off Caduceus) or rep.

People are definitely queuing for it specifically and skewing the randomness.
    Last edited by Carthoris; 02-02-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Plane Touched

I know RNG is RNG, but if I don't get Deepstrike Mines in my random LFG queue, it's lower CR. 8 of the last 8 have been either DSM or CR, and that is always queueing for random T2 with a full guild group.

It's getting pretty ridiculous.
    Tenethar -- Cleric -- Justicar Tank/Inquisicar/DPS
    Officer of <Static> -- 11/11 HK -- Wolfsbane PvE

Before CR's release it was RD or DD all the time now out 8 of 9 que is CR rest are DD/DSM/RD/CC interestingly.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Plane Touched

Like the second person said, if you aren't going in 5/5 premade than there is a chance that one of the people that got assigned to your group queued for a specific dungeon.

Example: you and two of your guildies queue for a random dungeon
    single player 1 also queues for random dungeon
    single player 2 queues for lower CR

You all get thrown into lower CR. Just because you choose random does not mean that people who you team up with choose random. There are a lot of people running AP (rep), CR (rep), and DSM (SHoE) that are in the queue. You just happen to find them all.

Shield of Telara

Strange I queued 5 times last night and saw: FC (bugged), RoTF, LCR, FoLH, FoLH (the last one was hillarious because the full group requeued and it ported us from the last boss back to the start of FoLH and respawned everything).

The last time I did T2s I queued 8 times and had 2x LCR, 1x UCR, and a mix of DD/RD/DSM.

I enjoyed mostly getting T1s yesterday, but I haven't seen this trend of only getting CR. Nor have I had anyone complain in my random groups about CR yet.

We can swap if you like, I've kept getting put in Iron tomb, all day long.. And never anything good that drops!

pre-patch, i would 100% agree with the OP.

i almost always do guild groups for dungeons... and before the patch even that would get 4/5 times in Caduceus. Drove me nuts. After the patch seems MUCH better for me at least. did roughly 4 runs, and did not get Caduceus even ones! *Angel Choir begins singing* Was amazing and a huge relief. Love seeing old content i hadnt been in for ages.

I did RotF, LH, RD and FC. Good times.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

n0s
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    pre-patch, i would 100% agree with the OP.

i almost always do guild groups for dungeons... and before the patch even that would get 4/5 times in Caduceus. Drove me nuts. After the patch seems MUCH better for me at least. did roughly 4 runs, and did not get Caduceus even ones! *Angel Choir begins singing* Was amazing and a huge relief. Love seeing old content i hadnt been in for ages.

I did RotF, LH, RD and FC. Good times.
    Yes, I can confirm that contrary to my first post, after the patch it actually has got a bit better. The first few dungeons I did after patch were, shock horror, cr and ucr. I had (as usual i thought) 5 or 6 of them in a row (all with full guild groups, I am usually leader of the group, so I am the one who click the "random" button). But, lo and behold, after trawling my way through those places for about the hundred-and-seventyfive-thousandth time, since then I've actually started getting more frequent into other dungeons. We even got ROtF today, haven't seen that place in months

I still firmly believe there is a weighting in the LFG system that will make certain dungeons more likely to roll in the RNG that selects dungeons for you when you go random. Only now they have finally scaled it back so CR and uCR aren't quite as high on whatever kind of priority or weighting that goes on behind the scenes. The very noticeable difference since the patch is simply too obvious to be a coincidence. Even with the expanded selection with the t1/t2 merger it is just too obvious that something fishy was going on in the LFG system.

The pity is, now I'm so sick and bloody tired of those places, if I see any of them again for several months, I will simply leave the group politely excusing myself and rather take the deserter debuff. I apologize in advance to any groups who get me as their tank in cr or ucr. I just cannot take another bloody run in those places, not yet anyway... I'm pretty sure I'll be able to tank both of them blindfolded at this point... Shame really, cause they aren't actually bad instances, they've just been spammed those three dozens too many times for me to be able to enjoy anymore.

By the way, lovely to have confirmed that me and my guildies aren't the only ones who have been annoyed by this.

EDIT: Haven't even done the new MM yet, the thought of going into CR, any one of the two, makes me sick to my stomach.
    Last edited by n0s; 02-03-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Telaran

I Q as tank/healer for fast Q to get my daily done. I have no desire to spend longer than 30 mins running an instance tho so if I get CDR I just insta-soulrecall and pvp for 30 mins. Sucks for the other 4 if they wanna do it but the way I see it maybe what im doing will make them come to the forums and QQ about it and force trion to fix the issue.

+ Reply to Thread